Pacifica Alight Multi-Mineral BB Cream

2.4

Water, gylcerin, caprylic/ capric triglyceride, cetearyl olivate, sorbitan olivate, dimethicone, sorbitan sesquioleate, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) esters, iris pallida (sweet iris) leaf cell extract, rosa damascena (damascus rose) leaf cell extract, cocos nucifera (coconut) water, laminaria hyperborea (kelp extract blend), hyaluronic acid, oat beta glucan, potassium cetyl phosphate, hydroxyethylcellulose, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxide black, mica, potassium sorbate, sodium dehydroacetate, sodium benzoate, citric acid, punica granatum (pomegranate) extract, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, white tea extract, aloe barbgadensis leaf juice, fragrance (all natural).

As we are rolling into winter, I wanted to find a natural bb cream to use.
I usually wear a powder on occasion when I want a really polished face finish (not a big makeup wearer regularly for a base; just mascara and liner most days).
Researched my next purchase and it was between this and Andalou Roses untinted.

I went to the HFS and got both samples. The clerk said the Pacifica sample was a better colour match.
He was right.
It looked darker in the sample tub that the Andalou, and not only that, I preferred the consistency, coverage and wearing power of Pacifica over Andalou.
Melted right into my skin using only a tiny few dots and blended in perfectly with my fingertip.
I **REALLY*** like this product as my initial impression.

SMELL - I don't smell anything offensive. Any smell evaporates in a few minutes.

SHIMMER - I honestly don't see any shimmer to this even though Mica is an ingredient. Maybe in the sunlight????

COVERAGE - This is nice, even, light coverage. Love it.

PRICE - This was a much small tube from Andalou - AND almost as much as the much larger Andalou.
Pacifica is 30 ml for about $20 CND.
Andalou is 58 ml for $23.

Unless this formula breaks me out - and I will know in a few days - I can see this as my go to cream foundation.

Will update.

UPDATE - Nov 10 2016
Beautiful!!!!
No breakouts.
Nice lightweight formula that lasts and does not dry my skin. (I have oily skin and glow with this).
There is SOME glitter/shimmer. Not much. Pretty.

Only drawback is it is a little pricey for the size (Andalou offers more product for the same price).

Very happy. Will be purchasing full bottle.

I don't get why people do not like this. I love it. It is light coverage but it really does even your skin out and makes your face illuminated. I love how it looks like I'm not wearing anything and I never used to like the idea of a dewy glow but this product has changed my perspective on it. I use face oils as moisturizers and so I never have a matte complexion but this product really compliments my use of face oils and I can never go back to my old makeup (I feel like a clown when I switch back occasionally to my old makeup) and my old makeup really accentuated my fine fines etc. the alight bb cream makes me look flawless, not because of coverage but mostly because of the reflective minerals in it. You only need a little, it smells pleasant (personally I love the smell of it- it's like sunscreen) but the only thing I'd love more is if it had spf 30. :( i save on this because as a primer it stops you from getting excessively oily and so I never even have to wear powder! That's almost unheard of for me! Lol My skin thanks me for using this product. It was not orange and it went on smoothly

To Read all 33 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I used a trial size of this I bought in a kit. It was okay for gym, errands, etc. Almost no coverage and it left my face feeling tacky, even hours later and even with powder over it. I purchased a full size on clearance before I realized I wouldn't like it. I'm not sure I can muster up the strength to fight it to use a whole bottle. It does give you a dewy glow, which I kind of need in the winter, but with weather warming up soon, this would be a disaster for my oily skin. Will certainly not purchase another and doubtful I'll use up the bottle I have.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This is only for those who really want *minimal* coverage....at which point, maybe you don't need coverage at all! I think the way they manage to sell this as a one color suits all is exactly because the coverage is SO minimal - you can blend it into many skin tones.

Update: I have only used tiny amounts of this, but when I go to try it out now, it is very oily! I tried shaking the tube, but still, I get a little squirt of colored cream lying in a pool of oil. It doesn't blend back together well either, you just get an oily mess with streaks of pigment in it. No good! You'd be better off just getting the CC cream, although that also has very little coverage - basically fits the first paragraph description.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is a "skin tint" and not a heavy coverage BB cream - in my opinion, that's more a marketing fail and not a product fail. This is not mattifying - but it's not advertised to be. I think it's fantastic.

I use it for: no-makeup makeup days, when traveling, running errands, when I want my skin to have more of a glow, etc. It makes my skin look better.

The first day I wore this, it was 90 degrees out and humid (Washington, DC summer) and I ended up having to walk back quite a ways from a lunch meeting. I was sure it was not going to end well, but it was totally fine. It didn't melt off my face or smudge off onto clothing or leave my skin feeling gross, and after one or two blotting sheets when I got into some AC, my face was good to go for the rest of the day. That sold me! I wore it while moving, when I wanted to feel pulled together but not wearing a full face of makeup, since it was SO hot out.

No sparkle or glitter (I am not a glitter on the face kind of person), and the scent fades after around 30 seconds. Not noticeable at all.

This has not caused any breakouts or irritation for me, but for those who have sensitivities to coconut oil when used on the face, head's up - that is one of the ingredients.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I'm not entirely sure what's going on here because it has actual visible shimmer (even after being buffed into the skin). It is not a bad match for my skin, probably because the coverage is so low that it barely corrects anything. It is fairly lightweight but I have not worn it out, only around the house to test, and I'm not sure I will.

If anything, I would recommend this maybe as a highlighter but if you are looking for coverage I would pass on this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This stuff oxidized and made my face orange :( it also smells horrible.... The packaging is pretty though

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I have a travel size version of this BB cream. While I would not call it a traditional BB cream in compariaon to it's asian counterparts, it's ok for someone looking for light coverage.

This cannot be built up to medium coverage, but does allow for a sheer wash of color. It also has some minimal sparkles that allow for a "glowy" effect. Great for tossing on if you're going to the grocery store and you don't wanna be bare faced.

Personally, I would not wear it to work/a party, but when I'm being lazy & not going far it's great. Smells nice, thin texture, does appear to blend out for different shades. if you are of a darker complexion, it may not be a good choice. If you do attempt to build it up for more coverage, it may pill up and become blotchy.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this bb creme because ive used other products from them so I really wanted to like it..... but this bb creme is horrible.....it has no coverage at all I tried building coverage, didn't work, made me an oily mess and made my pores look huge..and for the amount your paying for it not worth it....I dont recommend this bb creme your better off no wearing anything at all.....

I made an account on here just to review this product because I was so shocked to see that it had such a terrible rating! I received a sample of this in a beauty box and I'm *in love* with it. I've used a couple BB creams in the past but never really liked them or felt like they did anything.

This BB Cream provides a perfect amount of coverage (just enough to cover up my natural redness) but also makes my skin feel great. I was at first put off by the shine, but it really fades as the day goes on, and it keeps my face looking like there's no makeup on it.

The smell and texture are really pleasant and I don't need that much to really cover my entire face. I've had no bad reactions, maybe my only compliant is that it gets on my phone when I talk, but all makeup really is like this.

I'm definitely purchasing a full size when this runs out, I might even get their CC cream, too!