Belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb

Belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb

3.9

Aqua, dipropylene glycol, methyl trimethicone, glycerine, alcohol denat. sd alcohol 40-b, dimethicone, peg/ppg/polybutylene glycol-8/5/3 glycerin, cyclomethicone dimethiconol, polymethylsilsesquioxane, caprylic/capric triglyceride, pentaerythrityl tetraethylhexanoate, sodium acrylate/ acryloyldimethyltaurate/ dimethylacrylamide crosspolymer, isohexadecane, polysorbate 60, malakite extract, phenyl trimethicone, pentaerythrityl tetraisostearate, 1,2- hexanediol, panthenol, peg-150, carbomer, tromethamine, peg-40 hydrogenated castor oil, acrylates/c10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, avena sativa kernel extract, calendula officinalis flower extract, nepeta cataria extract, rubus idaeus leaf extract, baptisia tinctoria root extract, stellaria media extract, alchemilla vulgaris leaf extract, equisetum arvense leaf extract, urtica dioica leaf extract, plantago lanceolata leaf extract, hydrogenated polydecene, hydrogenated lecithin, stearic acid, c12-c20 alkyl glucoside, c14-c22 alcohols, glyceryl stearate, peg-100 stearate, cholesteryl hydroxystearate, cholesterol, ceramide- 3,triethanolamine, trisodium edta, citrus aurantium dulcis oil,citrus aurantifolia peel oil expressed, rosmarinus officinalis leaf oil, geranium maculatum oil, citronnellol, limonene, citral, geraniol, linalool.

This stuff breaks me out terribly. But the product has good texture and smells okay, so I give it two lippies.

on 8/20/2018 1:19:00 AM

I like this moisturizer! My skin is combo and dehydrated. I really like how this hydrates my skin well and I can also cocktail other products with it to make sure I'm getting the most out of my products.

The scent is light and fresh, not overpowering. Definitely recommend.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I alternate between this and the Dr. Jart Ceramidin Gel-cream as my morning moisturizer. I typically shy away from gel moisturizers since they either contain too much alcohol or silicones; however, I didn't experience any of those drawbacks with the aqua bomb. This sinks in very quickly leaving my skin smooth, glowy and prepped for sunscreen! I wish it came in a tube though!

on 5/17/2018 4:47:00 PM

i have oily t zones and normal cheeks. this feels nice to put on but it made me more oiily than my other moisturizer. the ingredients (fragrance) can irritate sensitive skin. i didnt feel like it was worth the price

on 5/9/2018 12:03:00 PM

I really love this moisturizer. I have combo oily skin and this is the first moisturizer that does not break me out! It’s got a really light jelly texture that soaks into my skin. It absorbs quickly and leaves my face with a nice glow, without getting too oily. It’s great because after it soaks in, I can put makeup on without having to worry about my skin being too slippery/oily. I only wish this had more antiaging ingredients. It’s really a great basic moisturizer.

on 3/15/2018 9:25:00 AM

I am extremely breakout prone (all the joys of cystic adult acne). This gel-like moisturizer is one of the few that works for me. I tried many "safe", supposedly non-comedogenic options with responsible non-jar packaging and very few really worked for me.

I like how this moisturizer sinks in, keeps my skin glowing and hydrated throughout the day and is an excellent base for makeup (mineral powder foundation). It does contain silicones, and it makes it even more surprising that it works for me. On the other hand I suppose silicones also serve as a defensive barrier from environmental factors and if the skin is cleansed properly they are not as occlusive for the pores.
I took some breaks in between, before finishing my 1st jar, since skin has the tendency to get used to moisturizers and needs a change from time to time. Still it's an excellent option for both very cold winters (no flaking even in very cold climate) and hot summers (no oily skin).

on 11/18/2017 6:30:00 PM

i have normal-dry dehydrated skin with a nose that is prone to visible pores and blackheads. i tend to prefer traditional cream facial moisturizers over gel-consistency moisturizers because i feel like most gels sit atop of my skin instead of sinking in, leaving a plastic-looking film over my face. aqua bomb is a light weight gel moisturizer that i find to better than most other gel moisturizers on the market. it doesn't enlarge my pores or prompt blackheads to grow, but it does leave a slight film over my face, especially if i apply a little too much. when used in moderation, it absorbs quickly and sits well under sunscreen and makeup. it also layers well atop of other skincare i use at night. however, i feel that this is not moisturizing enough for my dehydrated skin on most days, especially when used in moderation. i feel like i could find something that works the same way this does at a lower price. i would use this is i got it as a sample or part of a gift set, but wouldn't go out and buy this on its own again.

on 11/17/2017 12:44:00 PM

I have lots of the little jars of the Belif True Cream Aqua Bomb from many different Sephora Favorite Kits. I've tried using this off and on for the past several years. I never noticed much results either way, I like the texture very much- it is a nice light gel that soaks in pretty quickly. This can be used many ways and can be used by people with both oily and dry skin. My issue with this is that one of the first ingredients in this moisturizer is denatured alcohol. There are many different types of alcohols and it can get confusing which ones are the "good" ones and which ones are the "bad" ones. Denatured, methanol, benzyl, and isopropyl are the bad alcohols- these are the ones that will dry out your skin- mostly because they help products evaporate quickly and leaves your skin feeling dry later after usage. This product has some nice antioxidants and hydrating ingredients, but these will lose effectiveness shortly after the first time you open the jar. This also has several fragrance ingredients which are thankfully at the bottom of the ingredient list. In my opinion there are better moisturizers out there. My more detailed review can be seen here:

I have a combination skin tone. My t-zone and chin are both oily. All the other parts are normal. I was looking for a nightcream. None of all product I used was good for my skin condition.

So one day I saw the Belif Aqua Bomb in a mall in Hong Kong. The lady told me that this product is a bestseller from our brand. I was very skeptical, but I gave it a try. I tried the product for 2 weeks now and I must say I LOVE IT ❗️❗️❗️This product def changed my skin condition. It feels so soft and hydrated. Normally it felt dry, but this aqua bomb miracle is the best product that I ever used so far. I recommend this to every person with combi skin, like mine. You will not regret it

on 10/31/2017 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I don't want to rate this product too harshly since I knew there was a real risk it wouldn't work for my skin type, which is naturally very dry and dehydration prone. That said, my skin is pretty well balanced at this point, I enjoy gel textures and hydrating products with lots of humectants, and this is supposed to be appropriate for normal skin (I have a moisture meter and am consistently in the normal range at this point). I've also read reviews where people suggested it could work for dry skin.

The positives: I adore gel cream-type moisturizers, and this one is great in terms of consistency/texture, feel, and finish. It's lightweight, feels soothing, spreads easily (I use less product than I would expect in a single layer), absorbs well, and isn't sticky. It also layers well, which is great for those battling dehydrated skin. Layering a hydrating toner/spritz with thin layers of this until skin is comfortable and bouncy works like a charm, despite the silicone in the formula (there's also not a pronounced silicone feel/finish to this, IMO).

The negatives: I was impressed with its hydrating/moisturizing abilities the first day I used it, but it very quickly proved to be inadequate for my skin, which started to feel flaky and a bit dry, and I noticed more redness. My skin looks much better when it's well hydrated and lost that nice plumped up and healthy look; fine lines appeared more pronounced than usual.
While it not doing its job is the biggest (and dispositive) strike against it for me, I also found the fragrance in this cream overbearing. I'm not fanatical about avoiding fragrance in skincare products, but it does seem unnecessary and I prefer products without it or where the fragrance is barely noticeable.
I also consider the price point a negative since you can find well-formulated moisturizers for a fraction of the price (products by Cosrx and CeraVe for example).
Finally, I'm personally not a fan of jar packaging and would at least hope for the inclusion of a spatula.

Perhaps part of the reason why this didn't work for me is the inclusion of alcohol denat. as the fifth ingredient. I don't think alcohol in skincare is always a terrible thing, but it does tend to cause issues for my skin (again, dry and dehydration prone with an easily compromised barrier) over time--although I had problems emerge shortly after subbing it in to my skin care routine.

Suggested use: I can see this working for oily skins or combination skins without significant dryness, as long as you're okay with fragrance and alcohol, and it's probably especially suitable for those in humid climates due to the humectants and alcohol in the formula. For drier types, it could be okay as a hydration adjunct layered under another moisturizer. Personally, I prefer layering hydrating toners and essences/ampoules/serums and then using one cream layer. This one isn't enough for me even with my usual supporting lineup underneath. YMMV, as always.