3.9

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

I can't tell you how disappointed I am in this. From reading other reviews I seem to be in the minority but this did horrible things to my face. The Pros: cleans makeup off well and has a very strong medicinal smell that's quite pleasant The Cons: the packaging feels a bit cheap and potentially leaky and I'd be wary of packing it without putting it in a plastic bag first. Also it gave me crazy acne all along my jawline. My skin has been pretty good otherwise up until I started using this but the reaction was horrendous and it's taken ages to settle back down. I'm only sorry I was quick to jump the gun and buy a huge second pot when I saw it reduced.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

2.0

3 years ago

Got this product from my M and S beauty calendar. I'm a fan of both Elemis cleansing balm and Clinique's Take the Day Off, both of which massage easily into the skin and rinse well, leaving clean moisturised skin. Well, Emma Hardie's product was rather different. I really had to dig into the small pot to gouge out enough product to cleanse my skin. Contrast this the the two products above which glide easily from their respective containers. The Moringa balm did not smooth easily onto my skin.However the product did effectively clean my skin.

About reviewer (60 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Coarse

3 years ago

A day and night difference from the first use onwards. For the first time a cleanser (and I've only used the high end brands) felt and smelt like being at a spa. My skin feels so soft and nourished, and this cleanser seems to help retain the moisture of the other steps in my routine. It removed all of my makeup easily and removing the cleanser with the hot towel that comes with it helped to keep the goodness on my skin. This works and feels like such a treat that I look forward to cleansing my face. Highly recommend if you're looking for your hg cleanser.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

Overall I love this cleanser. I was dubious at first of putting an oil on my greasy face however it has worked wonders on the redness in my cheeks and will remove any make up you have on (including Benefit's They're Real waterproof mascara!!). The smell is quite soothing and you only need a small amount of the product as it melts in your hands. I tend to massage it into my skin for a few minutes and then gently remove with a warm damp cloth. Pros: Removes all make up, leaves your skin feeling moisturised, no tight feeling, nice sturdy packaging, a small amount goes a long way. Cons: Bit pricey, didn't give the level of dewiness I expected from a cult product. Overall I would buy this again but I would wait until I had a gift card or discount code etc to make it a little cheaper. Guess I will just have to keep buying them whenever I get the chance!

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair

2.0

3 years ago

Had a mini size jar of this and I'm glad I didn't splurge on a full size of this product before trying it. It's heavily scented of moringa which does smell nice, however it does nothing good for the skin. In fact I suspect that's what irritated my skin so badly - my face started getting red and 'angry' and developed a lot of dry patches which were threatening to become very painful if touched. It's a shame, really. The texture is very nice, not too heavy and it spreads easily and quite thoroughly, and it does a great job at cleansing your skin. I do have sensitive skin, which reacts to a lot of things. I highly suspect the fragrance in this case. I could only use it for three days at which point I stopped because my skin was getting worse and worse. Will definitely not purchase a full size jar. If you have tougher skin, you might enjoy this immensely. If your skin is tricky however, try it before you buy it!

About reviewer (35 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

My favorite balm cleanser without a doubt. I have combination skin very prone to dehydration (dry on the cheeks, oily and clog prone in the t-zone). This walks the fine line of cleaning the skin and removing makeup thoroughly without stripping the skin or causing any clogged pores. Smells heavenly. Wish it weren't so expensive and wish the packaging were less bulky, but they're minor complaints.

About reviewer (62 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesBrown

3.0

4 years ago

I bought this cleansing balm after watching Caroline Hirons on youtube rave about it. I didn't even know what a cleansing balm was. I've been using coconut oil to take off stubborn makeup, especially my waterproof mascara. Here are my thoughts: Pros: -smells amazing, it has a lovely orange scent. -it melted off all my makeup, even my mascara. -it felt wonderful on my skin and it didn't dry me out. I rinsed it off and then went in with a wet microfiber cloth to get all the balm off my face. It left my skin feeling like silk. I have dry/combination skin. Cons: -it's pricey. You don't need much product but it is very expensive. -It's not readily available. I can't go to Sephora or Macys and pick this up. I ordered mine online and it shipped from the UK. It took 4 weeks to get here. -the packaging is ridiculous. They put the product in a large screw top jar that has a plastic covering so it looks like it's a big jar but you only get 100mL of product. It's bulky on my bathroom counter. Overall, I like this product but I would try another brand that is more easily available. Now that I know what a cleansing balm is, I would like to venture out and see what's out there.

About reviewer (927 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

3.0

4 years ago

Given that this balm is such a cult product, I thought it would feel extra special and pampering on my skin, but for me, it�s just another cleansing balm. I find that it works well, but not exceptionally so, just as well as other similar (and cheaper) products like for example by the Body shop, Liz Earle or Clinique. The scent is not overpowering, but nothing to write home about either.

About reviewer (337 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

5 years ago

Sorry for being a dissonant voice, but this balm is unsuitable for acne-prone and I would even add sensitive skin as well. I used it once and made me break out terribly, probably due to high quantity of comedogenic oils, I don't know. I've kept it aside since then. Plus, it is too expensive, you can find better and cheaper cleansers easily. I cannot recommend it!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

EyesBlack

5 years ago

So sad this didn't work for me. I love the smell and the idea behind it, but the texture is a bit weird for me. When I apply it, it feels really good on my skin, but it breaks me out. Every time I have used it, my skin reacted to it. I tried with the cloth it comes with and with a muslin cloth and I prefer the latter, but in any event, I can't use this. I must say that I do have very sensitive skin and I am always on the look out for good cleansers which I can tolerate.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair