Ponds Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

Ponds Deep Cleanser Cold Cream
Deep Cleanser Cold CreamDeep Cleanser Cold Cream

Mineral Oil, Aqua, Ceresin, Beeswax, Triethanolamine, Behenic Acid, Fragrance, Ceteth-20, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylparaben.

After using this product for 6 months every night, I will now say this product is essential to my life lol! So I'm glad it's so cheap! And it's worked miracles for my oily, acne-prone skin that I've struggled with for 15+ years! My breakouts are 90% better... maybe a zit here and there but nothing like the cystic acne I would get all the time. FYI On an acne forum I read it was a miracle for some (I'm one of those) or made some people's acne worse if they were sensitive to mineral oil. Other benefits about this cleaner for me is it removes makeup completely and leaves my skin looking supple! I even get compliments on having nice skin now when I go to makeup counters. Love love love this stuff! Just need to find a moisturizer I love as much to pair with it :)

on 8/20/2017 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

ETA: bought the cucumber version - the mineral oil in this caused breakouts for me in the two days I used it. Proceed with caution. I even used baby wipes, a makeup wipe, and then cleansed with my face wash and the mineral oil residue must have still clogged my skin.
----------------
I just bought this (small jar) and should have opened the top up before walking out of the store with it (they arent sealed). The SMELL. I read that the smell wasnt bad, but if you have a sensitivity to strong smells that linger, skip this. I got it home, swatched some out with a q-tip to try on my arm - the smell just wont go away. And i havent even used it on my face. Theres no way i will put this on my face - the scent is just too much for me. It is a rose scent which tends to bother me because its a bit perfumey.

I do plan to try the cucumber version since its supposed to be a bit thinner and smell a bit different. If you can handle the smell, give this a go. Im giving mine away- used not even once!

ETA: I did buy the cucumber version of this - SO MUCH BETTER if you are sensitive to floral smells. Highly recommend.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Love this. I find any cleanser I use leaves my face tight and dry. The exception is milk cleansers, but they dont take off makeup. Enter Ponds. This is great. I rub into my face and take off with a warm washcloth. Allll my makeup is off and my skin feels smooth and hydrated.

I do use a basic cleanser after to remove any residue left behind. This is the ONLY cleanser that leaves me with the confidence to dry my face, after washing, with a white towel.

This is the bees knees and will use for as long as they make it.

on 7/27/2017 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I feel so fortunate to have found this cleanser. It removes all of my makeup while providing a great layer of moisture while not being greasy.

This cleanser removes nearly all of my makeup, and moisturizes a ton. I dislike the jar packaging, but I have a spatula for that so it's not a big deal. I do blot or wash some of the excess off, as it can be heavy, but it is my favorite oil cleanser.

on 6/5/2017 11:23:00 AM

A classic need, my mother and her mother have likely used this for good reason. It removes makeup effectively, though in terms of deep cleansing not so much. I found that my skin broke out a bit when I used only this product, it may be a little too heavy for me. Though kuddos for lasting so long, I've had it in my bathroom shelf for at least 4 months.

on 4/22/2017 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Mine is in a different style pot to the picture but this stuff is amazing! I put it on with my fingertips and all over face. Then used cotton pads to remove, it took of all my makeup including mascara! I then used my muslin cloth in warm water to remove the residue. My skin feels lovely and soft and I didn't have to rub and it didn't irritate. I usually don't like any kind of eye makeup remover as it either feels too harsh, too oily or I have to run too hard. I don't usually like removing my makeup and then reapplying make up straight away as my skin needs to settle a bit. I didn't have that with this at all! I reapplied straight after and my makeup looks great. I had none of that with this and my skin feels lovely and soft!! All for about £3! I have oily skin and this has left it feeling lovely, I will definitely buy again. I will report back if I have any issues that others have experienced, I hope I don't!

on 4/5/2017 11:00:00 AM

Sweet mother of pearl this destroyed my skin!!!
Feels great at first, and smells great and is quite nostalgic. But the DMHM Hydratonin or whatever its called, is form of FORMALDEHYDE!! Maybe the old original formula was amazing, but this new formula is dreadful.
I have a rash all over my face and no matter how much moisturizer I put on its still dry.
Anything from Unilever company is crap.

I love using this product to really get al of my makeup off at the end of the day. I follow it with washing my face so I have never had any problems with pore clogging or anything like that, just an excellent gentle remover for all sorts of makeup. Will definitely repurchase, can see why this product has been around for so long. For reference I have oily and acne prone skin and haven't had any breakouts that trace to this product so it's staying in my cabinet. Strong smell but I like it

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This stuff could not be any better, at least on my skin. I use this and then a milk cleanser to remove any leftover dirt/makeup and the slightly oily film this product leaves.

WARNING: the trick with this though is that you HAVE to remove the cold cream COMPLETELY. Use a warm wet face towel or cotton pad and wipe all the oil and makeup off. Otherwise there will be mineral oil all over your face with particles of dirt and makeup and that is guaranteed to break almost anyone out.

It takes off all the residual makeup and any dirt or grime I may have had on my skin - when I go to apply toner with a white cotton pad there is never any trace of makeup. It even removes waterproof mascara without a hassle.

The best part is that after cleansing, my skin feels so hydrated and not stripped of oil. I have super dry sensitive skin so that hydration really helps minimize breakouts and skin problems. This stuff actually makes me excited to take my makeup off at the end of the day.
If you also have dry or sensitive skin I highly recommend this product and their dry skin cream also. Because of the great price I will be a lifetime buyer!

For reference: I have the rose-scented one, apparently there are different scents but I don't know how/if each are different formula-wise.