Pond's Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

Pond's Deep Cleanser Cold Cream
Deep Cleanser Cold CreamDeep Cleanser Cold Cream

Mineral Oil, Aqua, Ceresin, Beeswax, Triethanolamine, Behenic Acid, Fragrance, Ceteth-20, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylparaben.

on 8/30/2018 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine

I love this product but I can’t always find it in the shops nowadays. Ponds are missing a trick. They should do a relaunch this classic with bigger jars and updated packaging.

on 8/20/2018 11:37:00 AM

I love this stuff! After trying everything under the sun - especially the really expensive brands! - and hitting a wall, i asked myself "What did my grandma use?" She had perfect skin and always lied about her age and everyone believed her! (After she passed we all found out she was actually 20 years older than she what she said her age was and we were all dumbfounded! True story! God bless her!) Ponds was the answer. Great at getting makeup off and super cleansing. A little bit goes a long way. Love the smell! Apply a small amount by rubbing it in, then use a warm, damp wash cloth to remove. Voila! Clean, smooth, soft, velvety, moisturized, healthy glowing skin! Thank you, Grandma! 😊

on 8/8/2018 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I use this every time I wear heavy makeup and foundation. I just massage a bit into my face and wipe it off with a damp cloth, and then I follow with a foaming cleanser. This doesn’t ever break me out or irritate, and it doesn’t make my skin overly greasy even when it’s on the oilier side. The only thing I don’t like is that the packaging isn’t the most sanitary, I would prefer in a squeeze tube or pump.

on 7/29/2018 9:33:00 PM

This product quickly became one of my favorites. I happened to be in the store one day and I cant remember why, but I decided to try it. I have always seen it and used to wash my grandmas face with it when i was little and we played 'spa day.' I use it to take off my makeup and to just clean my face when my texture has been off and my skin is dried out. depending on what my skin's texture and problems are, i would follow up with the burts bee's cotton extract sensitive cleanser. I always follow it up with a cotton square of witch hazel all around and my skin becomes so soft and smooth. I honestly want to kick myself whenever I fall off the waggon of using this before bed because I just love how soft it makes my face. you will not regret buying this. it is beyond versatile and honestly i even use it as a lotion sometimes haha

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I bought this to try out as a 1st cleanse/remove makeup. It's a thick white cream. It goes on smooth and very thick. It has a grandma type smell that's fairly strong but didn't overly bother me. It does an okay job of removing makeup, it doesn't touch water proof makeup. But it's a beast to get off. You can tissue it off but then you leave tons still on your face. I have to wash my face twice to get it off. Even after that it leaves a residue which to be fair is moisturizing, it just makes me concerned that any skin care I follow up with won't absorb into my skin through that layer it leaves. I ended up throwing it out because it didn't do what I bought it for all that well and I couldn't come up with another use for it. I could be a moisturizing mask but I didn't want to deal with either sleeping in it and getting it all over my pillow or trying to remove it and not being able to use other skin care after it. I went back to my sleeping mask and my Clinique take the day off balm.

on 7/2/2018 9:21:00 PM

Pros
- Amazing at removing make-up and sunscreen
- Definitely made me feel very retro/cool using this
- I don't need to use water to clean my face
- My face feels super moisturized afterwards and the next morning!

Cons
- Not for someone who prefers "squeaky-clean" skin
- I am SUPER sensitive to fragranced products and cannot stand the smell of this (apparently this was recently reformulated, the smell is super chemical-y)
- The way I've used it (putting a layer over my face and wiping clean) is the most effective way, but you need a lot of product to clean your skin
- I dislike the open top and the fact you need a spoon scoop

Tbh I've only used the cold cream a couple times, but every time I get headaches from the strong smell. Again, I am someone who is very sensitive to fragrance. But, if you are okay with fragranced products, I really recommend this! I wish I could keep using Pond's cold cream cleanser because my skin loved it, but unfortunately my nose did not...

on 5/28/2018 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have combination skin and this is a little to heavy for my skin for daily use. It doesnt clog my pores but i can get a little greasy towards the end of the day. What i do love about this is that, it removes all of my makeup and doesn't dry my skin out. I use a wet washcloth to remove and then use my Basis bar soap. I would use this more in the winter when the cold dry air saps moisture out of my skin.

on 5/20/2018 6:45:00 AM

Would steer clear of this product for life. It is so waxy that it’s impossible to wash off the face . I wished they came in a oil version rather than a wax version . It did not feel calming on my skin too .

on 5/12/2018 10:23:00 PM

I cant understand the raves on this product. It doesnt remove my makeup nor does it remove easily... i only us it because i ran out of my oil cleanser

on 5/12/2018 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I started implementing this old school product into my routine after not having used it for over 10 years and wow. What was I thinking using anything else?

I absolutely LOVE this product. It has transformed my skin. I regularly get hormonal, cystic acne and since using this product, I have seen a dramatic decrease in my breakouts. In addition, when I do breakout, something about this product helps them come to a head and heal faster. I know that once I wash my face and use this product, by morning my spots will have reduced in size.

I've also noticed a reduction in my fine lines around the eyes and forehead. My skin looks smooth, radiant and I am so happy with the results. I was using retinol, but now I don't find that I need to. (I will occassionally use retinol on bad cysts or breakouts still.)

It took a few months, I'd estimate about 2, before I saw the reduction in my acne. So give it some time if you're not seeing an immediate improvement.

My routine is to first wash my face, then apply the cold cream, and using a warm wash cloth, lay this over my face and gently remove the product. I rarely need to rinse off any excess using this method. I don't find it as effective if you use it first and then wash your face. I think it removes too much of the Pond's.