Pond's Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

Pond's Deep Cleanser Cold Cream
Deep Cleanser Cold CreamDeep Cleanser Cold Cream

Mineral Oil, Aqua, Ceresin, Beeswax, Triethanolamine, Behenic Acid, Fragrance, Ceteth-20, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylparaben.

on 11/11/2018 12:17:00 PM

I’ve been using this for two weeks now. This cold cream removes makeup really well. If you want a very good makeup remover this works easily. Especially if you want something quick. It also smells so good even though frangrance really shouldn’t be in your facial products. It isn’t a concern though. This cream also does not break you out. It makes your skin smooth over time. It lasts a long time. It has cute packaging.

How I use it: in the morning I rub it in my face gently and let it sit for an hour or more so it can deeply moisturize my face. I then wipe off with a soft tissue and never ever toilet paper bc that’s rough material. I then apply a light layer of foundation. I like cover girl matte. Will not break you out btw. Never broke out from it bc of this technique. Then at night I do the same process but this time I remove the makeup with ponds. When I go to bed I will sleep with a light layer of it on my face or nothing at all. That’s it. I also don’t use face wash or water or anything. I just use cover girl and ponds. I know I should be using spf but I don’t. You can add that in before makeup in the morning. This technique keeps my face clear and glowing. If you want to add a moisturizer you can do that after ponds. The important part is to let it sit on your face for an hour once a night. Btw I use to never wear makeup bc I broke out from it but now I never break out bc of this technique. Good luck guys.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

The only thing I don’t like about this, is that it’s a jar I have to stick something or my hand into. I wish the brand would repackage, but they’re too afraid of people not recognizing their classic packaging and thinking the old formula is a new formula I guess. Anyway, it’s my favorite cleanser of all time. It really is THAT GOOD also, it removes all of my stubborn makeup, even the blackest thickest eyeliner, WP mascara, liquid lips, and Mac foundation. I like the smell, it’s pleasant to me, like a fresh creamy soap or lotion for hands. It is really strong though, so if you don’t like that stay away. This really smoothes and softens my skin while it always, always somehow makes my skin look BETTER when I take my makeup off too,like I’m glowing. My husband even notices how smooth and bright my face looks. So in short, yes just trust the classic and try this baby out! And remember, it’s a CLEANSER not a moisturizer.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This product is so completely overloaded with stinky cheap perfume that I couldn’t even bring myself to test it out as a facial cleanser. I have very sensitive, rosacean dry skin and I practically started having a flare from the smell alone. Disgusting- what are they thinking?! Really unfortunate as it’s proven challenging to find rich, creamy cleansers for really dry skin that remove makeup but don’t need to be double-cleansed. To the makers of Ponds Cold Cream (and any other cleanser): We don’t need perfume in our face cleansers.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I really wanted to love this product. I love the idea of it, the elegant glamour of using this. Sadly my skin HATES this! My skin is tolerant of most things, I hardly ever break out from any product. Using this one time messed my skin up so badly it took 2 weeks for it to recover. I'm talking big painful cystic type pimples and a rough sandpaper texture across my whole face. I suspect it's the mineral oil, it's not in any other product I use. If this works for you that's great and I envy you a bit. In the meantime I'll be looking for a cold cream formulated without mineral oil.

I used to use this stuff in college when I would visit my mom and forget my makeup wipes. I definitely didn't love it back then, but I recently got a sample of this cream and I certainly don't remember hating it this much.

I understand that a lot of people use this as an actual face cream, but for me the most important aspect of a cold cream is that it can remove makeup effectively. This did a terrible job at removing my makeup and was unpleasant to use. It took ages to melt my mascara off and the texture just feels gross while massaging it into my face. I expected this to have a more oily texture, but it's more like a thick balm. It left an uncomfortable residue on my skin that was hard to remove with my face wash. Just a terrible experience overall. I wonder if my sample was formulated differently or something.

on 9/23/2018 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I've been a CeraVe user for years. At $13 a bottle, it's not terrible expensive, but sometimes, in the dead of winter's polar vortex, it feels too harsh to my super-dry, super -sensitive skin. So today, at my favorite discount store, the husband and I were checking out, and there was a display for Pond's on sale, $1.99 a jar. (and with my coupon, $1.60 for the jar). Heck, for $1.99 I figure I could try it and if I can't use it on my face, I could use it on the elbows, cuticles, and heels.
So I used it on my face. No makeup but always, SPF50 sunscreen. Just melted it on and let it sit as I got ready to shower, then rinsed it off in the shower. My skin felt as if I had put a layer of moisturizer on. I like the feeling- soft and supple. I like the texture, like really thick cream. I like the light scent, slightly citrus, slightly floral.
I will definitely try it to remove a full face of makeup (not eye makeup; I have to use a separate remover so I'm not rubbing and tugging).
Normally I'm not a fan of stuff for the face in jars, but since it will be rinsed off pretty quickly, I think it's OK, especially since the jar is not huge.
I can see this as my winter cleanser/year-round makeup remover, and CeraVe for my summer cleanser.
If your skin is prone to breaking out, this cold cream may not be for you. But if you have dry, sensitive skin you might want to try Pond's.

Update: Used Pond's to remove full-face makeup (I used a serum foundation). This time I also used a microfiber facecloth, dampened with warm water to remove the cream (I let it sit on my skin for a few minutes). To check that all traces of foundation were gone, I moistened a cotton pad with my rosewater toner-- and saw a completely clean pad. No foundation at all. For my skin, I would use a freshly laundered microfiber cloth each time I need to remove foundation. For removing my sunscreen (no foundation), I don't think I need the cloth, just rinsing in warm water is enough.

on 8/30/2018 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine

I love this product but I can’t always find it in the shops nowadays. Ponds are missing a trick. They should do a relaunch this classic with bigger jars and updated packaging.

on 8/20/2018 11:37:00 AM

I love this stuff! After trying everything under the sun - especially the really expensive brands! - and hitting a wall, i asked myself "What did my grandma use?" She had perfect skin and always lied about her age and everyone believed her! (After she passed we all found out she was actually 20 years older than she what she said her age was and we were all dumbfounded! True story! God bless her!) Ponds was the answer. Great at getting makeup off and super cleansing. A little bit goes a long way. Love the smell! Apply a small amount by rubbing it in, then use a warm, damp wash cloth to remove. Voila! Clean, smooth, soft, velvety, moisturized, healthy glowing skin! Thank you, Grandma! 😊

on 8/8/2018 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I use this every time I wear heavy makeup and foundation. I just massage a bit into my face and wipe it off with a damp cloth, and then I follow with a foaming cleanser. This doesn’t ever break me out or irritate, and it doesn’t make my skin overly greasy even when it’s on the oilier side. The only thing I don’t like is that the packaging isn’t the most sanitary, I would prefer in a squeeze tube or pump.

on 7/29/2018 9:33:00 PM

This product quickly became one of my favorites. I happened to be in the store one day and I cant remember why, but I decided to try it. I have always seen it and used to wash my grandmas face with it when i was little and we played 'spa day.' I use it to take off my makeup and to just clean my face when my texture has been off and my skin is dried out. depending on what my skin's texture and problems are, i would follow up with the burts bee's cotton extract sensitive cleanser. I always follow it up with a cotton square of witch hazel all around and my skin becomes so soft and smooth. I honestly want to kick myself whenever I fall off the waggon of using this before bed because I just love how soft it makes my face. you will not regret buying this. it is beyond versatile and honestly i even use it as a lotion sometimes haha