Ponds Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

Ponds Deep Cleanser Cold Cream
Deep Cleanser Cold CreamDeep Cleanser Cold Cream

Mineral Oil, Aqua, Ceresin, Beeswax, Triethanolamine, Behenic Acid, Fragrance, Ceteth-20, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylparaben.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I bought this to try out as a 1st cleanse/remove makeup. It's a thick white cream. It goes on smooth and very thick. It has a grandma type smell that's fairly strong but didn't overly bother me. It does an okay job of removing makeup, it doesn't touch water proof makeup. But it's a beast to get off. You can tissue it off but then you leave tons still on your face. I have to wash my face twice to get it off. Even after that it leaves a residue which to be fair is moisturizing, it just makes me concerned that any skin care I follow up with won't absorb into my skin through that layer it leaves. I ended up throwing it out because it didn't do what I bought it for all that well and I couldn't come up with another use for it. I could be a moisturizing mask but I didn't want to deal with either sleeping in it and getting it all over my pillow or trying to remove it and not being able to use other skin care after it. I went back to my sleeping mask and my Clinique take the day off balm.

on 7/2/2018 9:21:00 PM

Pros
- Amazing at removing make-up and sunscreen
- Definitely made me feel very retro/cool using this
- I don't need to use water to clean my face
- My face feels super moisturized afterwards and the next morning!

Cons
- Not for someone who prefers "squeaky-clean" skin
- I am SUPER sensitive to fragranced products and cannot stand the smell of this (apparently this was recently reformulated, the smell is super chemical-y)
- The way I've used it (putting a layer over my face and wiping clean) is the most effective way, but you need a lot of product to clean your skin
- I dislike the open top and the fact you need a spoon scoop

Tbh I've only used the cold cream a couple times, but every time I get headaches from the strong smell. Again, I am someone who is very sensitive to fragrance. But, if you are okay with fragranced products, I really recommend this! I wish I could keep using Pond's cold cream cleanser because my skin loved it, but unfortunately my nose did not...

on 5/28/2018 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have combination skin and this is a little to heavy for my skin for daily use. It doesnt clog my pores but i can get a little greasy towards the end of the day. What i do love about this is that, it removes all of my makeup and doesn't dry my skin out. I use a wet washcloth to remove and then use my Basis bar soap. I would use this more in the winter when the cold dry air saps moisture out of my skin.

on 5/20/2018 6:45:00 AM

Would steer clear of this product for life. It is so waxy that it’s impossible to wash off the face . I wished they came in a oil version rather than a wax version . It did not feel calming on my skin too .

on 5/12/2018 10:23:00 PM

I cant understand the raves on this product. It doesnt remove my makeup nor does it remove easily... i only us it because i ran out of my oil cleanser

on 5/12/2018 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I started implementing this old school product into my routine after not having used it for over 10 years and wow. What was I thinking using anything else?

I absolutely LOVE this product. It has transformed my skin. I regularly get hormonal, cystic acne and since using this product, I have seen a dramatic decrease in my breakouts. In addition, when I do breakout, something about this product helps them come to a head and heal faster. I know that once I wash my face and use this product, by morning my spots will have reduced in size.

I've also noticed a reduction in my fine lines around the eyes and forehead. My skin looks smooth, radiant and I am so happy with the results. I was using retinol, but now I don't find that I need to. (I will occassionally use retinol on bad cysts or breakouts still.)

It took a few months, I'd estimate about 2, before I saw the reduction in my acne. So give it some time if you're not seeing an immediate improvement.

My routine is to first wash my face, then apply the cold cream, and using a warm wash cloth, lay this over my face and gently remove the product. I rarely need to rinse off any excess using this method. I don't find it as effective if you use it first and then wash your face. I think it removes too much of the Pond's.

on 5/2/2018 2:44:00 PM

I really like this cleanser even tho I have acne prone skin, it melts off everything on your face, this one can easily remove the most longwearing liner whitout tugging your eyes, the only problem for me is that it gets inside my eyes when I use it for taking off mascara, it gets stuck on my lashes and I have to wash them quite hard if I really want zero residue left on them. Wouldn’t recommend it for eye makeup if you have long lashes. Rinses really easy off my skin and leaves a soft feeling afterwards. I keep using it but not for removing my mascara anymore.

on 4/21/2018 9:26:00 PM

I love this product as it is the best and only way I have found to remove stubborn eye makeup. I have dry skin in parts, so it is very moisturizing. my only complaint is that the company tests on animals.

on 4/1/2018 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

holy crap, this product revolutionized my skin!

a little background on my skin: i had no fuss skin with minimal pimples my whole life. then, when i got into college, all of that started to change and my skin got drier and saw acne troubles for the first time. because i had no clue where to start with skin care, i have spent that past two years testing out different cleansers, treatments, toners, etc. my face never really seemed to get better.

the one thing i had kept consistent was that i took off my makeup with baby wipes. i had done it since i first started wearing makeup and i continued until two weeks ago. on a whim at target, i decided to buy this after hearing a lot on the internet and changed out the baby wipes for pond's cold cream. in just a few days, my skin was clear of ALL blemishes, acne scars, and it was RADIANT. my skin was starting to look scarred and dull, and now, i look fresh-faced and glowing all the time. i have never been more confident in my skin than when i started using this product. this is an absolute miracle worker for me.

on 2/23/2018 12:48:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I was trying to choose between this and the banila co pink tube to remove my makeup. The problem with ponds is that it is not available in my country yet. :(
In the end i was able to wait for my parent's trip to Hong Kong and asked them to buy this. The price is definitely worth it! Used this for a few times and i am impressed it can take off my roller lash mascara and other products with close to no effort! Never turning back on this product!