Ponds Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

Ponds Deep Cleanser Cold Cream
Deep Cleanser Cold CreamDeep Cleanser Cold CreamDeep Cleanser Cold Cream

Mineral Oil, Aqua, Ceresin, Beeswax, Triethanolamine, Behenic Acid, Fragrance, Ceteth-20, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylparaben.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is one of my 2 favorite cold creams for makeup removal and a general daily cleanser along with Jergen's All Purpose Face Cream. I started using cold cream about a year ago and my skin had changed dramatically. This one is my overall favorite. It has a pleasing old timey rose scent and is smooth and soft and creamy and not too oily. It takes off makeup effortlessly as well but I do always follow using it with micellar water normally by Garnier and a makeup wipe if I am using it to take off makeup, occasionally I get Ponds makeup wipes as well but I don't buy the same kind of makeup wipe all the time but I have several favorite kinds and Ponds is a favorite. This is the skin secret of many women since a very long time ago and is recently mine as well, and I hope using it will make me look as good at 50 as I do now at 22.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I nearly always laugh when I read a review where a complaint is the "unhygienic jar packaging". If this is such a concern why do people buy products packaged like this? And how hard is it to scoop the product out with a spatula or other small utensil (a teaspoon maybe)? So the packaging isn't a problem for me but I was shocked at how heavily fragranced this is. The first time I opened the jar I had to stop and check where fragrance landed on the ingredient list. All that aside, this is one heavy duty cream. Like many other reviewers, I use this as a makeup remover because it does an effective job of that. Slap some on dry skin, massage around with your fingers and wipe away with a hot microfibre cloth to remove all traces of makeup. You will see it, and the film from the cream all over your cloth so be prepared to have a lot on hand until laundry day. I do follow with a true cleanser afterward because I do not want any traces of mineral oil left on my skin (first ingredient on the jar). Okay, I probably should have read the list of ingredients before purchasing which would have stopped me dead in my tracks. I have other makeup removers I love but I'm a product junkie and like to try different things every so often, especially after reading reviews on MUA. In addition to mineral oil and fragrance this has alcohol and parabens in it. That explains why my skin started to get clogged pores after using this. I know it's only on my skin for a minute and then washed away but there is no other explanation for why all these tiny white pimples were popping up on my face when I haven't changed anything else in my routine. Yeah, stopped using this right away.

If you can tolerate it and do not react negatively I think it is a good makeup remover, albeit a bit greasy/messy. But if you are prone to clogged pores or maybe conditioned your skin to using only paraben-free, etc. products then I would stay away from this stuff.

on 1/16/2017 7:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I'm 57 and have tried so many cleansers and makeup removers and this is hands down the best! And very affordable. I apply this to dry skin and massage well. Then I use a warm, damp microfiber cloth to remove the cream and rinse well. I then use Cerave cleansing bar to remove remaining cream. (The cold cream feels a bit "greasy" and after removing with the washcloth it leaves a bit of a film. I sometimes will leave as is when I feel I need extra moisture and it works well!). Leaves my face baby softvand no breakouts whatsoever. I will never be without this little jar on my counter!

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

This stuff will change your life! I've never had a cleanser work this good. Just rub some across the entire face and wipe it away with a wet washcloth. It even takes off my 24 hour makeup effortlessly without tugging at the skin. It's very moisturizing too! I love it and I don't picture myself buying another cleanser or makeup remover ever again. I also shaved with this and it worked great.

on 12/28/2016 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have the world's most clog-prone, acne-prone & sensitive skin. I use this on a dry face with my fingers & really work it in to loosen up all of that longwear foundation & mascara. I then use a damp white washcloth to remove the cold cream & ensure that I can see all of my makeup come off. I once rinsed off the cold cream with just water & felt as if the cold cream never really came off. There for I always use the washcloth method & then cleanse with a regular foaming cleanser to ensure that all of my makeup & cream is rinsed off.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

So i discovered this stuff about a year ago. I have had horrible acne for most of my teenage years and all of my adult life. It wasn't until i went to beauty school that i learned my skin was dry and sensitive... meaning no benzoyl peroxide. taking that out of my routine helped but i was still struggling with my skin. I finally did some research and realized that i need to cleanse with oil, not soap. I then settled on good old ponds cold cream.. MY SKIN IS CLOSE TO PERFECT NOW. with the exception of the occasional pms zit. I do a mask with it every other day and it is the only way i cleanse my face. At night i use it to remove my makeup, wipe it off with a warm towel .. and then repeat. I also do it once in the morning before i put on my cetaphil moisturizer. It will solve any skin problem you have. dry skin oily skin etc. your skin will be soft either way. it will also bring your zits to a head and if you leave it on long it enough the puss with even start to ooz out. oil attracts oil. remember that!! LOVE THIS STUFF. It also good for your hands and cuticles!!

This works exactly as promised -- it melts my makeup off, even my waterproof mascara, without needing to rub at it. Unfortunately this product leaves a greasy layer all over my face which requires a second cleanser afterwards and just feels gross. This product also broke me out :( I wouldn't recommend for blemish-prone skin.

on 11/27/2016 7:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is the best makeup remover that I have ever tried. I have dry skin and I am really bad at removing eye makeup, especially mascara. This cream does wonders. Sometimes I use it as moisturizer. Can't believe how cheap it is!
Please buy this and give it a try

I've been using this as my eye makeup remover for over ten years.
I have highly sensitive eyes. Every eye makeup remover I have ever tried has made my eyes burn.
Clinique? Nope. Aveda? Nope. Estée Lauder? Nope. You get the idea.
I wear Too faced's better than sex mascara and it takes it off just fine. You don't have to rub, it just glides right off.

Highly recommend.

on 11/9/2016 10:20:00 PM

This is my absolute HOLY GRAIL of moisturizers! As a person with naturally very dry and sensitive skin, this leaves my face feeling so incredibly soft and supple. It also can be used to wipe away makeup effortlessly. I put it on before bed every night and wake up feeling amazing. Only costs around $10 as well and that will last you at least a few months. Highly recommend for anyone with dry skin!