Ponds Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

Ponds Deep Cleanser Cold Cream
Deep Cleanser Cold CreamDeep Cleanser Cold Cream

Mineral Oil, Aqua, Ceresin, Beeswax, Triethanolamine, Behenic Acid, Fragrance, Ceteth-20, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylparaben.

on 6/5/2017 11:23:00 AM

A classic need, my mother and her mother have likely used this for good reason. It removes makeup effectively, though in terms of deep cleansing not so much. I found that my skin broke out a bit when I used only this product, it may be a little too heavy for me. Though kuddos for lasting so long, I've had it in my bathroom shelf for at least 4 months.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This stuff could not be any better, at least on my skin. I use this and then a milk cleanser to remove any leftover dirt/makeup and the slightly oily film this product leaves.

WARNING: the trick with this though is that you HAVE to remove the cold cream COMPLETELY. Use a warm wet face towel or cotton pad and wipe all the oil and makeup off. Otherwise there will be mineral oil all over your face with particles of dirt and makeup and that is guaranteed to break almost anyone out.

It takes off all the residual makeup and any dirt or grime I may have had on my skin - when I go to apply toner with a white cotton pad there is never any trace of makeup. It even removes waterproof mascara without a hassle.

The best part is that after cleansing, my skin feels so hydrated and not stripped of oil. I have super dry sensitive skin so that hydration really helps minimize breakouts and skin problems. This stuff actually makes me excited to take my makeup off at the end of the day.
If you also have dry or sensitive skin I highly recommend this product and their dry skin cream also. Because of the great price I will be a lifetime buyer!

For reference: I have the rose-scented one, apparently there are different scents but I don't know how/if each are different formula-wise.

I love using this product to really get al of my makeup off at the end of the day. I follow it with washing my face so I have never had any problems with pore clogging or anything like that, just an excellent gentle remover for all sorts of makeup. Will definitely repurchase, can see why this product has been around for so long. For reference I have oily and acne prone skin and haven't had any breakouts that trace to this product so it's staying in my cabinet. Strong smell but I like it

on 4/22/2017 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Mine is in a different style pot to the picture but this stuff is amazing! I put it on with my fingertips and all over face. Then used cotton pads to remove, it took of all my makeup including mascara! I then used my muslin cloth in warm water to remove the residue. My skin feels lovely and soft and I didn't have to rub and it didn't irritate. I usually don't like any kind of eye makeup remover as it either feels too harsh, too oily or I have to run too hard. I don't usually like removing my makeup and then reapplying make up straight away as my skin needs to settle a bit. I didn't have that with this at all! I reapplied straight after and my makeup looks great. I had none of that with this and my skin feels lovely and soft!! All for about £3! I have oily skin and this has left it feeling lovely, I will definitely buy again. I will report back if I have any issues that others have experienced, I hope I don't!

on 4/5/2017 11:00:00 AM

Sweet mother of pearl this destroyed my skin!!!
Feels great at first, and smells great and is quite nostalgic. But the DMHM Hydratonin or whatever its called, is form of FORMALDEHYDE!! Maybe the old original formula was amazing, but this new formula is dreadful.
I have a rash all over my face and no matter how much moisturizer I put on its still dry.
Anything from Unilever company is crap.

on 4/1/2017 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I decided to try this product due to the good reviews. I felt like my cleanser was drying out my face and I wanted to try to this as people mentioned it's very moisturizing. I used it twice and that was all it took for me to get a deep under my skin breakout on my cheek.
I have combo, sensitive and acne prone skin.

on 3/29/2017 4:25:00 PM

Love this for taking off eye makeup! I've used it daily for the past month or so, and I've barely made a dent in my jar. I barely touch a microfiber cloth to the top of the product (for now because it's still full, and I don't have to stick my hand in the jar) and I get enough product to remove makeup from one eye, then repeat. It doesn't sting my eyes at all, and it's not as messy as coconut oil (which I also love). I got it at Walmart for I believe under $5.

on 3/21/2017 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have used this for years as part of a 2-step process for removing makeup and cleaning my face at night. I put this on my face, use some disposable cotton make up remover pads that are soaked in very warm water and wipe off all my makeup. I then wash my face because this will leave a residue layer on your skin. I then use a tiny amount of this on a q-tip to follow up removing any leftover eyeliner or mascara. Although it is not something you want in your eye, if it does get too near my eyes I find it less irritating than liquid eye makeup removers. Also it doesn't dry out my eye area or seem to add wrinkles.

I love this product because it is cheap, does not dry out my skin and removes makeup well. I can't imagine not washing it off my face though - it is a little greasy/filmy feeling but using it in my routine seems to keep my skin from drying out too much. For reference: I'm in my 40s, don't break out anymore, have dry skin and use lots of other anti-aging products. This is the only Ponds product I regularly use. I can't find the cucumber one near me anymore but it was nice for the summer - less thick and more modern, refreshing scent.

on 3/19/2017 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I hate everything! The fact that it's cold, it stinks like dirty lemons (I usually like citrus), and I hate it leaves you greasy. My mom also used this when I was a child and it is the worst memories- Remembering that my mother smelled like this cream when she kissed me goodnight!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I have no idea why this works as well as it does.. but it is the only thing I've found so far that manages to draw out deep dirt without stripping my skin. If you liked LUSH's ultrabland, but wished that it wasn't so damn hard to get off your face, you will love this.
How I use: I take off my full face of makeup (Estee double wear foundation and waterproof eyeshadow) with Bioderma, and then wet my face with a damp, warm facecloth and scoop out quite a bit of this and massage into my skin. Then, after about a minute I wipe it off with a hot facecloth. I also can and do use my clarisonic knock off with this, followed by a facecloth, and it works nicely.

My skin is really sensitive, red, and I've struggled with acne ever since I moved to a dry, polluted climate, and I rely on this to keep my skin looking smooth, bright, and non irritated. My acne goes down when I use this, and people have commented that my overall texture is smoother and brighter.

In the past I have used several trilogy cream cleansers, Olay foaming sensitive, Kiehl's, LUSH, and Lancome, and this is by FAR the best nighttime cleanser for removing all makeup and dirt. I do use a homemade toner or glycolic solution afterwards, but it is not completely necessary.