beautyblender Solid Cleanser

Filtered by skin tone : Tan

4.4

Sodium Palmate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Water, Glycerin, Coconut acid, Titanium Dioxide, Palmitic Acid, fragrance, Sodium Chloride, tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I got this for free while purchasing my original beauty blender on a cruise to stockholm last year. Still lasts me and probably until 6 month from now. Quite durable and stronger than normal soaps. The soap bar alone costs 16e on land, not sure if I want to spend that much even if this cleans beauty blender really well everyday. And make up brushes but I'd rather be using make up shampoo by kicks.

I bought the Dr bronner's soap just in case this runs out as a replacement. Been hearing raves of the dupe. Let's see if it's all that worth it. Its just a little cheaper in finland afterall.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Love this -- only taking off a lippie cos for not so much product, you're paying a pretty penny.
That being said, brushes are an investment and anything that alleviates some of the anxiety of cleaning a pile of them is worth it!

-pleasant smell
(some may not even notice it - I noticed that it didn't have an obnoxious, migraine-inducing chemical smell that I've experienced with another brush cleaner)
-makes QUICK work of cleaning HOT MESS brushes
(the beautyblender you've waited a week to wash after applying Kardashian amounts of concealer.. or that bronzer brush in the back of the drawer that you justify doesn't need to be washed often 'cos it's only touching your neck and collarbone..)
-removes the "big production" out of the cleaning process
(this one is kinda priceless if you're like me and associate dread with cleaning face brushes)

*Cleaning out under the sink one day, I found a LUSH shampoo bar that I'd been given and never used. The container reminded me of the BB Solid one so I got a wild hair up my you-know-what and decided to see if I could clean some brushes with it. It worked great but I will say that the BB cleanser did the job more quickly and I venture to bet would do the job much more efficiently for heavily soiled brushes. But for brushes that just need a light cleaning, the LUSH bar is another great option.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This stuff is incredible for cleansing the beautyblender sponge. I tried the liquid beauty blender cleanser, and not only did it smell awful, it didn't thoroughly clean my sponge. I tried hand soap and other brush cleaners, but they all left behind foundation stains as well, even after lengthy cleansing which took forever to rinse out. I don't know what it is about this formulation, but it WORKS, and fast. Just wet your beauty blender, rub the areas with stains into the solid cleanser, squeeze the sponge to create a lather and rinse. Best of all, this rinses clean quickly (you won't be rinsing suds forever like if you had used hand soap). I will always have this on hand, and will try it on my brushes as well.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I purchased this solid cleanser along with my beauty blender because A. they were right next to each other lol and B. I knew the beauty blender would be difficult to clean with my regular brush cleanser. I have tried it all - face washes, hand soap, shampoo, `brush cleanser` etc. I typically use the Purity Cleanser by Philosophy to clean my brushes (thats what we used to do when I worked at Sephora). I definitely think using Purity as a make up brush cleanser is a very expensive way to clean your brushes especially if you're cleaning them weekly/monthly. I find that I have to use a lot for my brushes especially my bigger brushes like my foundation/powder brushes. I have the Sigma Brush Cleaning Glove which I absolutely love and it definitely helps cut down the time it takes to wash my brushes but it still is very time consuming so I find myself putting it off. Then make up gunks up and I use very heavy duty long wearing make up.

I will admit, I thought it was a bit absurd to pay 20$ for a super small block of soap and was skeptical. I used it on my beauty blender after it had lots of gunk built up. I use super long wearing foundation and concealer so it is definitely time consuming to get all of the make up out of a brush - so getting it out of a sponge is a whole different story. Much to my surprise this little block of wonder cleaned my BB 12 times faster than my purity cleanser. I don't know what it is about it but i didn't even dent the soap and it got my BB back to pink. There wasn't a trace of foundation left! I was so impressed that I tried it on my Sigma F80 which is a very dense foundation brush. I am not sure if it was because I used my Sigma Brush Cleaning Glove or just the solid cleanser or perhaps a combination of the two but in under a minute my F80 was completely cleaned and it was even white again! I have never had a cleanser EVER get the stain of the foundation out of my MU brushes completely. And in half of the time ! I didnt even dent the soap. It is very potent and I can see this lasting months and months. Best brush/BB cleaner I have ever tried!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Does this work? Yes. Is it worth the money? No. I have found that Dr. Bronner's works just as well at the fraction of the price.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools