beautyblender Solid Cleanser

Filtered by skin type : Dry

3.3

Sodium Palmate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Water, Glycerin, Coconut acid, Titanium Dioxide, Palmitic Acid, fragrance, Sodium Chloride, tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Oh my gosh, this reeks of lavender--not my favorite scent because it gives me awful headaches, but I tried the product out anyway. It made absolutely no difference in the way my brushes felt after cleansing (although it rinses easily--I tend to use too much soap when washing them), except for that persistent smell. The price is outrageous, and bar soaps (which is what this is) are prone to bacterial growth (especially when they remain damp in a container), so that's the third strike. I've been cleaning makeup brushes for more than three decades now with most of the recommended or popular cleansers, and have come to the conclusion that as long as you wash and rinse thoroughly and air-dry the brushes fully, it doesn't much matter what you use. Cheap or expensive, natural- or synthetic-fiber brushes--clean is clean. I use clear dishwashing soap on brushes I use with liquid products (it gets every trace of even long-wearing foundation out) and unscented hand soap (Seventh Generation) on all the others. They come out great. If a brush feels rough after several washings, I massage a drop of hair conditioner (I've used many and find that it doesn't matter which as long as you use just a little) through it after washing and rinse thoroughly. Voila! The brush is like new. Please forgive my rant, but I hate to see companies rip off consumers with products like this. BTW, I clean my BeautyBlender with dishwashing soap and it comes out clean and soft. I suppose you've guessed, if you've read all this (and thank you for sticking it out), that I won't repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this but it's overpriced for what it is. It's a round bar of soap inside a plastic container with a little mini soap dish. It's "just okay." It does cleanse the Beauty Blender and other similar sponges just fine. It's not fabulous or miraculous, it's just okay. It's very expensive and not worth the money. For $5, I would repurchase. It's not worth much more than that. Gentle hand soap or baby shampoo would do the same thing for way less money.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I don't have a beauty blender or sponges, but thought having this on my vanity would make me more inclined to clean my makeup brushes regularly. I don't like it at all. It's messy and doesn't get the makeup out of my brushes well at all. I'm returning to my tried and true DIY brush cleaner (dish soap + olive oil) and threw this away.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

i got this in a 100 point perk from sephora and also in my fantastic.four kit i bought. i love this for cleaning both my beautyblender and my brushes. does a great job and definitely cleans them thoroughly and leaves my brushes soft.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I almost hate to write this review because this product is simply great, but the price is simply ridiculous for what it is and it is the only thing that keeps me from purchasing it. I rec'd this as a 100pt Sephora perk. It gets my sponges and brushes cleaner faster than Dawn. I don't have to spend a ridiculous amount of time rinsing out the soap like I do when I use Dawn ( I use barely a 1/2 drop) in the palm of my hand. Now when I say cleaner...I mean like new spotless. I did 2 sponges and 4 or five brushes in less than five minutes, I kid you not. But really....$16.00 for a bar of soap for my makeup sponges/brushes is irritating to me. 10/13/2015 EDIT: Siiigh, so I did end up buying this on sale. It's just so freakin' good. At the moment I'm using it ONLY on my BB, and using Shea Moisture African soap (which quite honestly doesn't as good a job as quickly) on my brushes until I use it up. Once that is gone I'll make a decision as to whether the BB soap will be my go-to cleanser for everything or not.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I hate this product is so expensive for a brush cleaner but it does indeed work! I do not own a beauty blender but I do own some quality brushes. I noticed first time I washed them (old method) it took extremely long and they weren't even clean. With the beauty blender solid cleaner cleaning time was cut in half and they seemed cleaner. Overall product does work I just have some concerns about how long this is gonna last because you don't get much for your money and the cost. I'm still on the hunt for something cheaper possibly.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

a round bar of soap with a case for $20. yep, I feel I got massively ripped off buying this. To me, it cleans just as well as a bar of soap. I bought this after hearing reviews that it would be gentler on the beautyblender than a regular soap, but it turns the water pink just as much.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools