Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

3.1

on 2/18/2016 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I don't have major problem with my skin so far, and my skin is quiet strong when it comes to trying out different products (very insensitive) so I don't really use foundation.
The only base I use for my face is this CC cream.
I used a Korean BB cream before (even before the craze about BB cream started). So this review is based on my comparison between my old BB cream and this Clinique CC Cream...

This CC cream has more human like color when applied . When I used my BB cream long time ago, I always looked ghastly gray at first that I actually need to wait quiet a while for it to oxidise before going out. This Clinique CC Cream does not leave a ghastly gray cast when applied and when it oxidises, it gives a very natural, healthy looking skin.

It has a low - medium coverage. Good for people looking for just an everyday base make up (I mostly use it just to even out my skin tone, not to cover up major blemishes / marks because this product might be too weak for that purpose)

Thick consistency - Compared to other CC cream that I have tried, this one has a tiny bit thicker consistency. Because I like a runnier consistency for my cc cream (because it's easier to be spread around), I usually mix it with my Clinique moisturiser first, and then put spots of it on my face and dab it away with my damp beauty blender.

Would buy again in the future ! I am actually on my 3rd bottle right now :)

on 10/12/2015 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

this product is the worst. the consistency is way too sticky, its hard to blend. my face get oily very quick, and it doesn't make the face matt, it creases a lot on forehead, nose and under eye area. maybe it will work on dry skin. it is horrible to me, definitely not going to purchase this again.

on 7/26/2015 7:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I started using the Clinique CC Cream because I was looking for something that will moistuize and protect my face from the sun. I chanced upon this and saw that it also helped with fading blemishes and evening out my skin tone so I thought it was definitely worth to try.

As far as moisturizing and sun screen, i think it did it's job. It kept my face hydrated all day. It also really helped in evening out my skin tone by fading blemishes. I noticed that my blemishes (from pimple scaring, I sometimes pick on them, it's a really bad habit) 'disappear' MUCH faster than before.

The only thing I wished it would do is to mattify my face. It's not for really oily people. When I first put it, it makes my face dewy (the good kind) but 2-3 hours later, I would already need to blot my face.

In terms of how long a bottle will last, well, it lasted me for a year since you only need a pea-size for your entire face. I used it almost everyday.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I was so excited when this product came out because the shade ranges extended to include deeper skin tones. However when I applied the cream it was difficult to blend and eradicated any dewy finish my moisturizer & primer created.

The finish was dull, matte and seemed to age my skin. It felt like a layer of pancake makeup sitting on top of my face. Covers spots/acne well, has a very odd scent on the chemical-like side. Happy I got a sample instead of purchasing the full size.

on 5/10/2013 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

My girlfriend gave me a sample of this CC Cream and I liked the texture and it was easy to blend into my skin, however it did not cover my red areas well.

I have a bad case of rosacea and acne scars around my cheeks and chin. This CC Cream has 6 shades but none of the shades suited my skin tone. The lasting power is pretty good but I did not like the way the felt on my skin. I find this cream more of an advanced tinted moisturiser than a proper CC Cream.

Skin: Other, Tan, Warm

For reference I'm NC40 and wear the MediumDeep shade of this product. Straight out of the tube, these colors run d-a-r-k but once applied they sheer out very nicely and are quite forgiving. To be fair, I've only worn it one day so I don't want to jump the gun and remark about performance. I know many women have been waiting to try this and are questioning what shade to get so I wanted to rush post a preliminary review which I will update when I have a better feel for how it holds up.
Stay Tuned!
UPDATE: 4/19/13 - I've worn this CC cream several times over the past week and gotta say that I love it. The color match is really pretty good - maybe a super teensy smidge dark but the shade lighter than this is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too light so this is the correct shade for me. This CC cream looks natural, holds up beautifully and I get a full 10+ hours wear without any noticeable fading or oxidation (though to be fair, my skin is on the dry side so I can't speak to how this will be for oily/oilier skin types). I also love Bobbi Brown's BB cream just as much (see separate review) and don't know if the benefits of one outweigh the other. This is a solid performer!!

on 4/3/2013 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin. Clinique's Superbalanced foundation is my everyday foundation, but it doesn't last all day and needs several touch ups. I wanted something I could easily wear on days that I don't get home for 10 hours.

I ordered medium deep, which matches my skin well. In cooler weather, I need a thin layer of moisturizer under this. In the summer, I can skip the additional moisturizer. I apply this with my fingers and blend. I dust powder over top and it lasts all day with blotting once.

Pros: oil-free, color matches, SPF 30, light coverage that looks natural, lasts 8+ hrs. (with blotting), looks good in photos, not cakey, doesn't break out my skin

Cons: does feel tacky at first, does need powder to cut down the shine on my oily skin

**Edit: I love this for the summer! I wash my face, apply this, add powder, and finish with a little blush. Very easy to wear.