Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

3.6

on 4/20/2013 4:59:00 PM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I just bought this in the color Light and I love it. It provides more coverage than BB creams and is definitely more hydrating without being greasy. It is also much easier to apply than most BB creams, which tend to be on the dry side and more suitable for younger skin. I generally don't buy Clinique products but I'm happy I decided to give this a try. Will definitely repurchase.

I really wanted to like this product as I normally do well with Clinique, but it was impossible. This product was absolutely horrid for me. I have forced myself to use half the bottle as it was expensive and I wanted to give it a fair shake, but it's intolerable and has to go. The formula is SO thick - I had to mix it with my regular moisturizer in order to even spread it evenly. Otherwise it just kind of got stuck on my skin and left streaks. The coverage, even cut w/a light moisturizer, is extremely heavy and cakey. It's the only product I've used that actually rubs off and leaves makeup marks on any piece of clothing it comes in contact with, not even my long wearing foundation does that. Worst of all, it gave me terrible cystic acne. I'm 33 years old and have never had breakouts but I'm guaranteed at least one huge and painful pimple every 2 weeks on this. Sadly, an all over fail.

on 4/21/2013 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

So I've held off in writing how much I love this product for a whole week, I just kept thinking this must be too good to be true!

First off my shade (fresh peach) is an exact match for my skin tone - normally i have an absolute headache trying to find the right shade and end up using a touch of bronzer to darken slightly or buying two foundations and having a good mix daily. This is a perfect my skin but better.

It feels light on my skin and hydrates throughout the day. My skin gets dry by the afternoon and begins to look dull - this just glosses right over than mid afternoon skin slump, without making my face look like I have dipped my face in a vat of oil. I knocked one mark off as I do have to use a tiny amount of translucent powder to set as it does take a little while to set itself.

It offers great buildable coverage. Not enough to cover some of my worst acne scars but it really evens out my face - add a wee spot of concealer (BB concealer kit) here and there and my skin looks flawless.

Add all the above to the fact that it has SPF 30 hidden away inside and I'm a very happy girl. Will definitely be repurchasing!

on 7/10/2016 1:15:00 PM

I am in love with this product. I recently had a horrible eczema breakout on my face. I had been using Bare Minerals serum foundation in the winter and Bare Minerals complexion rescue for warmer months. I never got quite enough coverage w the complexion rescue but it was nice for days when I was off work and didn't need long term coverage. Anyway...after my eczema break out, my doc put me on a Cerave only regime and my skin would just not even deal w the Bare Minerals any more. I then tried 6, yes 6, different bb, cc and regular foundations. Stila All Day Wear was very nice, but a little too matte for my taste. On a whim I tried the Clinique CC and holy crap, it is perfect for my Dry, Combination skin! It is good coverage (I use my finger tips to apply and beauty sponge a little extra around nose and under eyes) and has a perfect dewy look that lasts all day without getting too shiny or slick looking. I do use Lorac's "I'm so Sensative" primer and some setting powder on T-zone. I highly recommend this product....I have not had one issue w it irritating my eczema...it has actually made my skin plumper and more even toned. It doesn't settle in creases either...which may be I use a primer.

on 1/2/2016 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I'm a very pasty-white girl with very cool undertones and I was looking for something that would even out my skin and slight acne scarring without the heft of a real foundation. I'd been using Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB Cream for a few months in the summer before I bought this and I loved it, but Retin-A makes my skin flaky in places so I wanted something more moisturizing. This has worked well - it does sometimes settle in flaky bits, but is movable enough that I can just layer more moisturizer over it and blend it in. Its consistency is easy to blend and I don't have to be as exact as I do with regular foundation because it's light and matches my skin tone perfectly, so I can be as lazy as I want (and am.) I would recommend having a good concealer to use alongside this - the coverage isn't nearly enough for under my eyes - but overall, if I set it with loose powder, it stays in place and looks good most of the day.

on 8/6/2013 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I HATE HATE HATE the feel of foundation (& I really hate it when u can tell a woman is wearing foundation bec its not the rt shade and u can see the line of where she has stopped applying it) so when BB & then CC creams came out on the market I was in heaven lol. I find that this gives a bit more coverage than a tinted moisturizer but doesn't have the "icky caked on" feeling of a foundation. I have freckles and they still can be seen when I'm wearing this but nowhere near as dark and it covers big pores. Unfortunately I do have 3 small acne scars that I do not find it covers alone so I still use a bit of concealer there. I saw a bunch of women complain that this product, which I wear in very light, is "too pink" but that is a big + for me as most BB creams (this is the only CC cream I have tried so far but I think what I'm about to say works for both BB and CC creams) are either WAY to dark and/or too orange!!!! I love the shades of this CC cream. And its one of the few that is truly light and matches my skin tone. The main reason I gave this a 4 not a 5 is that I honestly don't find that this covers better than any of the 3 BB creams I use and it is a bit pricey considering that. I wouldn't find it too pricey if it covered better. That being said I would buy this again mainly bec of the shades. As I've stated it doesn't turn my pale skin orange and their very light really is VERY light. Just a few post scripts....i have oily skin and this product feels, smells & really goes on nice. it hasn't made me break out, it doesn't make me look greasy and I love that it has a full spectrum SPF of 30, most are around 15.

on 11/19/2015 5:02:00 AM

I love this product! It gives me a very fresh look, but stays very natural. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, which is another pro.

on 8/23/2013 9:52:00 AM

i am so disappointed because the texture and look of this product is amazing!! BUT something that is in the cream makes me break out in eczema spots. My skin is not normally sensitive but this is the first time i've ever used a product with hyaluronic acid in it and i think that's the culprit. :-( Better luck next time....

on 7/2/2013 12:35:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I really like this. The second lightest is a good color match and better than some of Clinique's other foundation color choices. Usually, I go for the lightest color, but in this case it was too light, which shows there are a lot of choices. It's a little dark for winter though, for me. Loved it all summer. What I love is that it does not turn pink or orange or fade. Nor does it look caky as the day wears on, because it is dewy. It comes out of the tube very thick. The coverage is medium. You wouldn't want to apply it too thick, so you might want a to use some SPF underneath, though it has 30 spf. This does't have oil, but oilier types might prefer the BB. .The CC wears well on dry skin.

I have a fair amount of red on my nose and near it and it doesn't cover that, as advertised, but it's illuminating and diffuses the redness a bit. It's not meant to be heavy coverage, but better than you might expect and better than a tinted moisturizer. But it feels lighter a bit weird. .i have not tried other CCs, but it is heavier than any BB. A little goes a long way. Dab on the your hand and rub it with your finger and it will warm up and spread easier. Best to apply with fingers. If you don't warm it up first it is a chore to spread. It can look gloppy and thick.

Down side: It's expensive, though you get a lot and it should last a while. It's a bit of a job to apply. Takes a while for the color to set, so it's hard to test in the store. Get a sample or wait a few minutes. Does blend well though, so no disasters, but the palest is quite pale.

Update: My skin was getting less dry, so I switched to the BB. I like that too a lot better. That has more powdery, matte finish, but doesn't cake like actual powder does on me. Spreads easier too. This comes in more shades.

on 5/25/2013 12:30:00 AM

I absolutely love this product! I started using estee lauder BB cream last year, which I also love but this takes it a step further for glowing skin. I am 41 with fairly good skin and I found foundation too heavy. This covers the redness in my cheeks and circles under my eyes, as well as some small age spots on my cheeks. With the BB cream I have to apply moisturizer, concealer, and setting powder as well as matte powder on my t-zone. I only apply the CC cream with setting powder and my skin is dewy and luminous without looking oily. I have received many compliments over the last few weeks and been told more than once that I'm glowing. It is long lasting although I do have to put a little powder on my t-zone or blot after a few hours but it's still much less work than what I have to do with BB cream. Great summer coverage!
Edit: This product was great for me when I had a bit of summer colour on my face, but have looked too pale over the last few weeks and started using the BB cream again. Will go back to it next summer.