Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

3.5

on 12/21/2015 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have mixed feelings about this one.
I had been using this in the summer. And it was brilliant. My skin was somehow hydrated and it felt really good on the skin. But as the weather got colder, this cc cream got worse and worse. First of all, it changes its colour as the day passes and becomes really dark. Secondly, it made my skin super oily. It stays in place almost perfectly, but makes me oily. Thirdly, it caused me breakouts after using for a month. Yes, my skin is very sensitive, but it was created for sensitive skin, as a consultant said to me, so wth.
I would not recommend this cc cream for girls, who have sensitive, acne-prone, oily skin. I would recommend Clarince Skin Illusion ;)

on 10/12/2015 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

really overpriced
it's very oily, but not in a dewy way. it's like an orange coloured thick and gooey suncream (a cheap one at that)
it never blends in and stays oily throughout the day
both my friends swear by it but they have severely dry skin
it broke me out so bad :(

on 8/1/2015 8:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Got a 10ml sample of this, thank god I didn't purchase this product. It goes on quite oddly - had to blend for a long time but it set into a satin-like finish.. Also it is definitely not for oily skin - powdered a lot. Didn't like how greasy it felt on the skin.

UPDATE

Tried it for the second time and to be honest, one thing I HATE about this product is the smell - it's so strong, I can't stand it. It made me break out too.

on 7/26/2015 7:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I started using the Clinique CC Cream because I was looking for something that will moistuize and protect my face from the sun. I chanced upon this and saw that it also helped with fading blemishes and evening out my skin tone so I thought it was definitely worth to try.

As far as moisturizing and sun screen, i think it did it's job. It kept my face hydrated all day. It also really helped in evening out my skin tone by fading blemishes. I noticed that my blemishes (from pimple scaring, I sometimes pick on them, it's a really bad habit) 'disappear' MUCH faster than before.

The only thing I wished it would do is to mattify my face. It's not for really oily people. When I first put it, it makes my face dewy (the good kind) but 2-3 hours later, I would already need to blot my face.

In terms of how long a bottle will last, well, it lasted me for a year since you only need a pea-size for your entire face. I used it almost everyday.

on 6/6/2015 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Gives me beautifully even skin, covers well. Also makes me look like I've dipped my face in a bucket of oil. This is definitely not for someone prone to oily skin.

on 2/13/2014 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I don't use it regularly, only when I feel that my skin not in a glowing condition. This cc cream helps me to get that glowing back and it blends perfectly. This ain't felt thick either. This is my favorite!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I picked up a sample size of this as a 100 point product from sephora. It's too thick and greasy for me. I gave it time to set on my skin before applying my foundation and I did not like the texture and result. I have combo/oily skin so this didn't work with my skin type. Thank god I didn't purchase the full size.

on 8/6/2013 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I HATE HATE HATE the feel of foundation (& I really hate it when u can tell a woman is wearing foundation bec its not the rt shade and u can see the line of where she has stopped applying it) so when BB & then CC creams came out on the market I was in heaven lol. I find that this gives a bit more coverage than a tinted moisturizer but doesn't have the "icky caked on" feeling of a foundation. I have freckles and they still can be seen when I'm wearing this but nowhere near as dark and it covers big pores. Unfortunately I do have 3 small acne scars that I do not find it covers alone so I still use a bit of concealer there. I saw a bunch of women complain that this product, which I wear in very light, is "too pink" but that is a big + for me as most BB creams (this is the only CC cream I have tried so far but I think what I'm about to say works for both BB and CC creams) are either WAY to dark and/or too orange!!!! I love the shades of this CC cream. And its one of the few that is truly light and matches my skin tone. The main reason I gave this a 4 not a 5 is that I honestly don't find that this covers better than any of the 3 BB creams I use and it is a bit pricey considering that. I wouldn't find it too pricey if it covered better. That being said I would buy this again mainly bec of the shades. As I've stated it doesn't turn my pale skin orange and their very light really is VERY light. Just a few post scripts....i have oily skin and this product feels, smells & really goes on nice. it hasn't made me break out, it doesn't make me look greasy and I love that it has a full spectrum SPF of 30, most are around 15.

on 6/3/2013 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing. My skin is somewhat oily, especially in the T-zone, with red patches and some acne/scars. It completely smooths all that out, yet is not as thick and is definitely not "cakey" like the foundation I was using.

Ever since I got this product, I have been getting compliments like, "Your skin is glowing," "I can't tell that you ever had acne," "Your skin looks beautiful," etc.

It seems to stay on all day, although if I touch or rub my face during the day, I find it helpful to reapply the CC cream midday.

I have been using it only a few weeks, so I can't tell how long the package will last. All I know is that I need very little to cover my whole face. Because I don't need to use foundation on top of the CC cream, this product makes getting ready in the morning so much faster!

I will definitely be buying this again, and have been recommending it to everyone!

on 5/18/2013 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was browsing the makeup/skincare section at my local department store looking for a good bb/cc cream that I can easily put on by itself. I was quite intrigued by Clinique's moisture surge cc-cream as I have oily and dehydrated skin, with uneven skin tone (i'm slightly pinkish on my cheeks).

The SA was kind enough to offer to use the cc-cream on my whole face (they ran out of samples). The shade she used was Natural. To my surprise, after application, my skin tone was even, my acne scars are less obvious and my skin looks so much better!

To be honest, when I was trying out the Clinique cc-cream, I had already purchased a BB cream from Laneige. I was so impressed by this cc cream that I returned the BB cream immediately!

Pros:
- Decent coverage. The shade matched my skin tone perfectly. It gave me a very natural look and it doesn't look cake-y!
- Easy to apply and absorb. It does not require much blending unlike my previous Bobbi Brown BB cream.
- Can wear the cc cream on its own.

Cons:
As I have oily skin and live in an extremely humid place, I needed to blot my t-zone after 3 to 4 hours. But in comparison with other bb creams & primers, this cc-cream has adequate oil control. I think people with dry or normal skin should have no problem with this.