FLOWER Beauty About Face Foundation

FLOWER Beauty About Face Foundation
image 1image 2image 3image 4

3.9

Water, isohexadecane, isododecane, glycerin, propylene glycol, alumina, cetyl peg/ppg-10/1, dimethicone, caprylic/capric triglyceride, silica, sorbitan isostearate, polyglyceryl-3 beeswax, hydrogenated styrene/isoprene copolymer, zinc stearate, sodium chloride, polyglyceryl-6 dioleate, sodium dehydroacetate, potassium sorbate, lauroyl lysine, stearalkonium bentonite, chlorphenesin, hexylene glycol, mannitol, disodium cocoyl glutamate, sorbitol, pca dimethicone, propylene carbonate, fragrance, glucose, sodium cocoyl glutamate, fructose, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopherol, sucrose, dextrin, urea, alanine, aspartic acid, glutamic acid. May contain mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I was super excited to FINALLY find a shade pale and yellow enough for my extremely pale, yellow skin... and super sad to discover that I can't use it.

First, the color range: I love it. In a sea of orange and pink foundations, the Flower makeup line is the only one that has offerings that look even remotely like my skin. Great for olive tones from Siberia to Nigeria.

Second, the texture: I hate it. I am BAFFLED by the reviews suggesting this for very dry skin. My skin tends slightly dry, and this makeup went on like chalk. Seriously. I have tried it with primer, exfoliating beforehand, using extra moisturizer... you name it. No matter what, it looks like chalk on my face and makes every little hair follicle or bump stand out in high relief.

If you are like me, coloring and dryness-wise, you can try Mac Face and Body in C1 (sheer, barely there coverage for a decent price) or Lancome Tient Idole Ultra 24H in 100 Ivore (very full coverage, expensive, shade isn't exactly right). And if you find a drugstore option that matches, let me know.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

L2! This is the best shade ever for my pale yellow skintone! It matches my neck and chest area too! It goes on slightly lighter at first but then blends in with my skintone like magic! Usually foundations end up looking orange of just a lot darker than my chest and neck area after I wear it for a few hours. This seems to look like it matches the rest of my body. This is the most yellow/golden fair tone I have ever used and I love it! Colorstay Buff is actually pink compared to this (what I tried before and the shade just looked so wrong on me even though the company says it's a warm/yellow tone. I need to get a backup in case the DC or change the shade! This totally works on my Asian skintone!

To Read all 77 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I have finally found my HG foundation! Drugstore brands are all I can afford right now and most of the fair/light shades seem to run pink (I have yellow undertones). L'oreal true match makes a few fair shades of foundation with yellow undertones, but that stuff seems to melt off of my skin in patches after a few hours, even with primer. Then I tried Flower. You guys, I can't even say how much I love this stuff. It comes in some VERY fair shades, some of the lightest I've seen. All with yellow undertones. I find I'm either lf2, lf3, or somewhere between depending on the time of the year. The formula is thin but has buildable, solid coverage with a slightly dewy finish. Very easy to blend concealer into. Does not seem to be fragranced at all, which is good. It has not set off my sensitive skin and doesn't make dry patches stand out. This foundation can settle into fine lines but I find that if you set it with powder right away that doesn't happen at all, not even at the end of the day. The bottle looks so pretty on my vanity with its rose gold accents, and I like that it has a pump (so sanitary!) and it is affordable but a little more pricey than other drugstore brands like covergirl or Rimmel.

Here's my foundation routine, the best way I've found so far to use this product: Prime with Rimmel Fix & Perfect, 002 followed by Flower About Face foundation (applied with RickyCare or Quo blending sponge), and then whatever concealer I feel like that day. I bake the areas that tend to crease (under eyes, and one line across my forehead) with True Match mineral powder, then after a few minutes I buff it out and lightly blend Flower's Powder Trip all over my face.

This lasts all day with one or two powder touch ups and looks natural. I actually love how it looks after a couple of hours because it gets dewy without looking greasy, just lovely and glowy, with no patchy melting!

So, even though it tends to settle into lines, you can work around it and look great all day. AWESOME for fair skin with yellow undertones, and sensitive/dry skin. Just the perfect foundation for me.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Always glad when I find a drugstore foundation that matches my casper the ghost skintone!

I've been using Revlon Colorstay normal/dry for years, but as I get older (I'm 48), I'm not crazy about the finish. At my age you don't want anything that makes you look older! This Flower foundation has a nice finish and while it doesn't last quite as long as Colorstay, it still looks good on me after 8-10 hours.

on 11/11/2015 1:58:00 AM

I really like Drew barrymores line and I remember hearing that this was suppose to be a higher quality drugstore foundation, so I decided to go to my local Walmart and buy some. My shade is LF4 and is a perfect match for my nc25 skin, because of the awesome yellow undertones! It's suppose to have a built in primer with it too, so I applied with a beauty blender the first time and my flat top kabuki for the next. If you want fuller coverage definitely go with a flat top or a buffing brush. I noticed this foundation was medium coverage; I personally didn't find it very buildable, but I didn't really need to layer it. Overall, I really like this foundation it wears really nicely on my skin. The only issue with this is that I found that it settled into my laugh lines, which is why I gave it 4 stars, but other than that it is a lovely foundation and I would recommend it!

on 10/17/2015 11:46:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this stuff. I bought the lightest shade, Shade 1, since I have very fair skin. I noticed it has very sheer coverage (though you can build it up to medium), and leaves a nice dewy finish. I've gotten a lot of compliments whenever I wear this foundation.

My only issues:
-Without a setting powder, this transfers really easily. I personally use the It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores with this and it stays put really well.
-All the shades run toward the yellow end of the spectrum. As someone with pink undertones, I'd really love it if they added more shade selection.
-It claims to have a primer built into it, but I had to use my own primer to help smooth out dry patches with this foundation.

All in all, it really is a lovely foundation and I would totally buy it again. But seriously, Drew Barrymore, more foundation shades please!! As it is, this foundation is great for pale people but not very, very fair people (like myself). Shade 1 is a little dark on me, but I can make it work.

on 9/25/2015 1:18:00 AM

I'm really impressed with this foundation. The main reason that I wanted to try it was that I had read that a couple of shades ran incredibly yellow which is not something I've been able to find in the drugstore until now. For reference, Revlon Colorstay in Buff is mostly light enough, but even that is a too pink for my face. Same with the L'Oreal True Match....W1 was too light, but W2 was too pink/peach. I got the Flower About Face in LF2 and it is perfect!! Very fair and not at all pink/peach...a very yellow toned foundation.

This is an amazing everyday/daytime foundation. It is light coverage so it won't really cover acne or extreme redness, but it does a great job of evening out the skin tone and covering light sun spots/darker areas. It doesn't at all look like you are wearing too much makeup or a mask which is how I sometimes felt with Revlon Colorstay. It has more of a satin finish...definitely not matte, but I wouldn't say really dewy either. Probably not good for people with oily skin, but I always tend to get oily on my T zone when I wear any foundation and this really wasn't that bad...nothing a little bit of powder a couple of times a day can't take care of and it didn't crease up or get cakey like some foundations do when the oil starts to come through.

I took off a lippie because when you apply it, it stays kind of sticky unless you use a powder. For me this isn't a problem since I always set my foundation with a mattifying powder anyway, but if you just want to throw on foundation and go that might be a little annoying to wait and then have to powder. It also doesn't last quite as long as I would like, but I'm comparing that to Colorstay which claims to last 24 hours while the About Face one does not. It's also pretty pricey for something found in Walmart...about $14 after tax. Though, until I find something better for this price or cheaper I'm definitely not going complain.

Overall, if everything in the store runs too pink on you and you don't need heavy coverage...try this foundation!! I'm definitely going to repurchase!

on 9/19/2015 1:03:00 PM

I'm pretty impressed with this foundation! On my skin I wouldn't say it has a fully matte finish; more of a satin/dewy finish which is lovely. It looks like skin, and doesn't settle in to any dry or lined bits on my skin. It lasts all day, after setting with a facial spray, and doesn't feel uncomfortable or mask-like as some other drugstore foundations can.
It separates a little in the bottle (I'm pretty sure I saw avocado oil listed in a decently high place on the ingredients list, so that could be the reason) so I recommend a good shake before using it. It is a VERY lightweight, almost watery foundation with light-medium buildable coverage. I found it was best applied with a denser foundation brush (I used my RealTechniques Expert Face brush and found it gave me the best results) it's easier to build with that and you get more coverage. I also used my beautyblender for the days where I just want to even out my skin tone rather than cover anything. Due to the oil content I probably would steer clear of this if you have oily skin.

Overall, I would repurchase. It's basically the same price as a L'Oreal foundation (in Canada) with a better colour match for my skin and less of a "foundation" feel. Disappointing that there are no testers, but I took a chance on LF4 which works well for my NC20 skin tone.

Also: I know it says fragrance free, but there is definitely a scent to this foundation. To me, it smells a little like cookies....or something. Some kind of baked good, I can't quite put my finger on it.

I loved this foundation at first. It had great coverage and while there was no oil control claim if I used a mattifying primer and powder (Rimmel's Stay Matte Primer and Powder). The staying power is decent as well. However, the finish is sticky and a little hard to blend. Also, be careful when applying this product! At first application it may not seem like it's covering much but after it settles into the skin it actually covers quite a lot. The only real problem I had with this is that it broke me out. I always know when a foundation is bad for my skin because the area around my mouth and forehead breakout. I'm quite saddened because I loved this foundation. I would definitely try it out just be wary of it breaking you out!

Okay, this is a great drugstore foundation! L4 matches my NC25 skin perfectly! I think a lot of the shades are yellow-toned. Most foundations make me really oily after a few hours. This surprisingly doesn't. It must have a built-in primer. My only complaint is that it is really sheer. I prefer light coverage foundations but this really doesn't have much pigment. So far it hasn't broken me out and I break out soooo easily. I apply it with my RT sponge. It doesn't cling to dry patches. And it's not tested on animals!!!! Thanks Drew Barrymore!