Tarte BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Tarte BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

3.7

Sunscreen ingredients: titanium dioxide 4.55%, zinc oxide 3.50% -Titanium Dioxide -Zinc Oxide Other ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Mica, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Stearic Acid, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Alumina, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Diamond Powder, Iron Oxides.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros:
- it feels like a dream (very silicone) when I apply it to my face
- there are 4 shades (fair, light, medium, tan)
- it blends seamlessly into the skin if your skin isn't too dry (not sure how it works on oily skin)
- SPF 30

Cons:
- it directly cracks up on every single dry patch that I have and accentuate skin texture. I can seamlessly blend it on my hand, but I can't do that on my face
- once dried it looks very powdery and cakey all over the face
- coverage is minimal

Terrible product. Won't repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

PROS:
- SPF30 sunscreen
- Can be worn alone as a tinted moisturiser
- Soes blur imperfections like age spots and discoloration
- Doesn't look like foundation
- Soft velvet matte finish
- Super light yellow based "Fair" shade for porcelain skin (NC10).
- Pairs well worn over or mixed with an oil serum (I mix mine with Red Raspberry Seed Oil as it is reputed to have SPF 28, so I don't lower the SPF)
- Unscented, Gluten-Free
- Does not irritate my sensitive skin
- Does not clog my pores much

CONS:
- Works as a tinted moisturiser but doesn't work well as a Primer. Rolls into rubbery little balls and comes off in patches when worn over any moisturiser or under any foundation I pair it with. Even if I wait 10 minutes (works with facial oil only).
- Makes my skin look as dry and cracked as a lizard. I have to blend in facial oil with it or it is unusable. I can't even use it on the backs of my hands they look so old!
- Hard to get the last 1/3, I had to cut mine open to get the last 10 days out of it :(
- Expensive, does not get included in Tarte's foundation sales
- Oversold, is not a "treatment" as labelled

on 2/19/2017 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Oh my! Where has this product been all my life and why had I never heard of it? This product is amazing. It evens out my skin tone and then I just set it with a light powder and I look 90% better. On days when I want more coverage I use concealer and then this product. It does cling to dry spots so I always moisturize right before applying and this solves that problem. I have oily combination skin and sweat a lot loving in the south but this holds up all day. It is NOT full coverage but it does cover and even out your skin tone enough so it looks natural.

on 12/14/2015 9:27:00 PM

It's so interesting how these reviews are all either one lippie or five! Okay, I really thought this stuff was awesome at first -- it gave me a smooth and velvety feel, made my skin look practically perfect, didn't break me out overnight, didn't smell like sunscreen... I really thought I had found the answer. I rarely get along with primers, BB creams, or sunscreen but this somehow rolled them into one and came out awesome!

My only small complaint was that I would have preferred a fair-light shade that wasn't quite as yellow as the light one.

However, the point was moot. I should have known better than to try a product with all that silicone. It hasn't worked for me in the past, and it's not working now. Three days in and I am breaking out all over -- at age 62! And I did my darnedest to clean it all off at night. This is the product that finally convinced me that it really was the silicone.

But I gave it a three because it's a product I would love to be able to use.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This has been my to go bb cream since I discovered it last year. I prefer bb creams since I'm not big on foundation. The texture is somewhat mousse-like which I find to be fantastic. It goes on smooth, provides perfect coverage and it allows my skin to breathe. It does a great job at blurring imperfections, minimizing pores without looking too done up. I do occasionally get a few nasty zits so I like to use a concealer only on those spots. Another bonus with this cream is that it does not clog my pores.
It lasts fairly well during the day. During colder months I do like to mix a drop or two of Josie Maran's Argan oil to it for a dewy finish. Also, I find the variety of colours available to be great. Not many other brands offer such a diverse colour palette as far as bb creams are concerned. I've used Clinique's CC cream earlier and Estee's bb cream. However, I won't be returning to them as long as Tarte continues to make these.
The colour 'medium' suits me pretty much throughout the year, I had to opt for a shade deeper in medium-tan for when I had prolonged sun exposure spread over a few months.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I loved this product. I first bought the travel sized package at Sephora and I loved it so I bought the full size after I ran out. I use the BB cream almost everyday because it is so light and feels like nothing on my skin. The cream is so smooth and I apply it with a foundation brush or a beauty blend and it blends perfectly with my skin. I have in the light shade and at first in seems really yellow but like I said it blends really well into my skin and looks really natural and light weight once its on. It is my go to makeup product and I love it for everyday makeup.

My skin can get dry patches in the winter in between my eyebrows and abound my noes and if you apply too much on dry patches it becomes really noticeable and thats the one thing I don't like about it. However I just apply just the slightest bit when that happens and it is fine. If oyu have really dry skin this is not the product for you.

Overall I loved this BB cream and its one of my favs

on 2/17/2015 9:40:00 AM

I bought the mini of this on a whim (Oh, Ulta...your grab and go section near the register kills me!) in Light and was totally blown away. I am usually a tinted moisturizer with concealer user (Sonia Kashuk & Laura Mercier) but have tried a few BB creams and been pretty underwhelmed.

I was thinking that this might be a good primer if I feel like looking a little more polished than just TM can provide, and was pleasantly surprised to see how even the coverage was from this alone. My one complaint with the BB creams I've tried (especially Smashbox) is that they made my pores MORE noticeable, and mine don't usually look that bad/prominent. This was velvety in feel and coverage, without looking cakey. I could easily use this and skip my concealer (for a "gee you look great even without makeup" look) or add concealer/powder on a day I want to look more finished.

For frame of reference: I have normal to dry skin and don't need heavy coverage (I use a little concealer on redness around my nose). The silicone slip feel/look might not appeal to those with oilier skins, but I found it to have the balanced dewy-but-not-greasy look I shoot for. The light was a good color match for me (I use Nude in the Laura Mercier & Linen in the Sonia Kashuk). I often find that "Fair" shades are too light or pink and "Light" shades are too dark. Fairly Light in Bare Minerals is one of the best color matches I've found, and the Tarte Light is looking to be the closest match I've found in a BB/TM.

So...would I buy it again? Right now I'm leaning toward a yes. My hunch is that this will be a good winter staple for me, but might not stay on well in warmer weather. As much as I love playing with makeup, I like a daily routine that doesn't *require* a million products to look decent, but I'd be willing to touch up during the day with some powder if this proves to be as great as it has been in the first few days of use.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is great bb cream for normal-oily skin. It stays on well, provides medium coverage, and blends imperfections. I love using this by itself with a little cream blush on top on days when I don't have time to do a full face of makeup. It also works well as a foundation! I wouldn't recommend for dry skin. It clings every easily to dry patches. You don't necessarily need a primer underneath this, but using one is just an added bonus. I would atleast use a moisturizer as a base. My only complaint is that some of the shades have an orangey tint to them. Odds are, if you're on the oily side like me, you'll love this!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Received a deluxe sample and attempted to use this on several occasions. It's winter so my skin is drier than average, but this "BB" primer accentuated the dry areas and accentuated previously invisible pores.

I'm surprised and disappointed that it's a very matte finish on my skin, seeing as many others seemed to achieve a natural to slightly dewy finish with this product. On the upside, the coverage is quite good; this product covers most of my PIH spots and light redness. On the downside, it's drying, accentuates pores and fine lines, and has a very silicone-like feel.

I may keep the sample to try in the summer, but I wouldn't purchase this. I cannot comment on breakouts as I used this on isolated days, several weeks apart. It did not irritate my skin (and result in instant blemishes), but I would think that as a silicone-based product it'd negatively impact my skin over time.

I do like Tarte, but this product made my skin look worse and did not enhance it.

This is my holy grail foundation! I'm really pale so it's hard for me to find a foundation that matches my skin but this one does. It also has SPF which my fair skin loves and has natural ingredients that don't irritate my skin. My only negative is the price, $35 is a bit much.