3.9

$37.00 on Sephora
Shop Now

Reviews

6 months ago

The Tarte tinted primer has just the right amount of coverage for me, I can wear as regular daily wear without foundation. It is lightweight on my oily skin, doesn't cause breakouts and blends easily into my skin tone. I don't like to wear a lot of products, so it works as a great all-in-one to even my skin tone, moisturize and the SPF 30 gives sun protection.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairRed

EyesHazel

from

8 months ago

So I have repurchased this about four times already. Guess that means it’s HG status. My skin is very oily and I have scars I need to cover. This definitely keeps the oil down and the coverage is amazing for a BB cream/primer. I am surprised to read all the reviews about this being sheer. I always look to full coverage foundation and this definitely checks all boxes for me. Only con is I wish it came in a pump. Overall A+++. Also I am light-medium neutral in color and shade light is perfect. In the winter I combine fair and light together. It’s expensive but when you find an HG it’s worth every penny! Hope this helps.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

I've been using this product for almost an year now. It is a good product if you want light and natural coverage with SPF. It goes on very sheer and is not really buildable. The ingredients in this bb cream are very safe (as shown on https://www.ewg.org/skindeep) and hasn't irritated my acne, however, it does not help control oil at all. It's also not great if you have textured skin (dry patches) because it tends to settle into imperfections and accentuate them. Overall, I find this bb cream to be great for people who have pretty good skin already and want a 'my skin but better' kind of look. Although it is not the best thing out there, I actually really love this product because I like to keep my makeup looking as natural as possible.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Fine

EyesBrown

2 years ago

This was my go-to product as an all-in-one primer, sunscreen, and light coverage base. It is lightweight with a lovely, feathery-smooth finish. If using once daily as a tinted moisturizer, it lasts 9 months to a year (it's concentrated, so a little goes a long way). Unfortunately, it isn't sold in the country where I live--this is the main reason I'm not using it. It's a bit better in summer than winter, as it can cake on dry spots and look a little too powdery on winter skin. Pros: smooth finish, great base for blush and highlighter, SPF coverage. Cons: a bit chalky, draws attention to dry spots.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesGray

2 years ago

Not quite a primer, it has tint. Not quite a BB cream, too sheer. Got this to use under my foundations lacking sunscreen and to also up the spf in those that do. If you have ever used a silicone-based primer, then you can understand what I mean when I say it spreads and feels just like a silicone based primer. If you don't, then I suggest you try to sample it and see if you'll like the feeling. Because there is no water as one of the main "base" ingredients, it spreads very silky and then sort of settles in and sets. I chose the shade "fair" and it's almost white, a tad too light for me to wear on its own, and the shade "light” was too peachy. It adds a little bit of radiance to an otherwise matte foundation... I have been wearing it under the tarte 12-hour full coverage foundation (rated only spf 15) and I can notice the difference as the full coverage foundation is otherwise dull, I like this combination the best. I also wear it under the tarte hybrid jel (no spf) which is primarily why I got it, but it feels a little heavy, so I don't wear it that often. I give it one lippie off because it is so very heavy on the 'cones... if I try to apply more than a tiny amount it feels heavy and makes me itch around my nose. I'm not sure exactly how much of this I should be applying to get the SPF 30 either. I'm going to have to give it more time to make a decision on whether or not I'd repurchase it.

About reviewer (315 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

3.0

3 years ago

I purchased this product on sale in the color "light". My usual shade in Tarte foundations is Light Neutral. My skin is oily, with some deep smile lines and large pores (more like craters) in my T-zone. I also have fine wrinkles on my chin and around my lips (don't smoke, kids. Seriously.). Pros: 1) Extends the protection of my SPF 50 sunblock. 2) Blends easily into skin 3) Smooths skin fairly well. Cons: 1) Oily skin can affect wear time. 2) Sheerer than most BB creams I have tried. 3) A Minimal range of colors Review: As stated above, I have active, oily skin with a lot of texture. I initially purchased this product when I was on a BB cream kick; somehow I thought my ruddy, acne-marked skin could be balanced out with these lightly colored products. I'm still trying to figure out BB creams. Do I use them like foundations, or like tinted moisturizers? Should I apply them under over my sunblock? I chose to use them over sunblock, and more like a foundation rather than a part of my skin care routine. As a BB cream, this did not work for me. It's so sheer that when I applied it onto my florid skin it disappeared. It's so emollient that building it up just left my skin super-moist and my oily skin made it break up almost immediately. I can't get any kind of coverage from this product in order to even out my skin tone. As a primer, however, I have decent results for a few hours. I can smooth it over my cheeks, press it into my T-zone, and apply a powder foundation or a face powder over it and I get a smooth, almost poreless look to my skin. I have to use this with an oil control primer spray and finishing spray (Skindinavia Oil Control Primer Spray and Oil Free Finishing Spray), however, to get any kind of extended wear on it. Because it's summer and wretchedly hot and humid, I get maybe two hours of coverage from this before it starts to break up on my chin and cake around my nose and in my smile lines, and settle into those fine lines (I'm serious. If you smoke, quit. Even if you vape, quit. Once those lines develop they don't go away.). In short, if you have normal or combo skin this may work for you. With my florid, textured, oily skin, I only see this extending the protection of my sunblock and giving me minimal help as a primer. There are better products out there with lower price points. It's okay, and I'll continue using it until it's gone or it goes bad. I just won't be replacing it.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairOther, Straight, Fine

3 years ago

I love this product, I originally thought that the CC+ by It Cosmetics was my dream foundation/base, but this BB primer is the best thing I've ever put on my face. I have very oily skin and this stuff keeps me fairly matte for a good amount of time before I get a dewy finish. I set this BB cream with the Rimmel Match Loose Powder and I am so matte which is as dream for an oily girl like myself. I love the feeling of a velvety primer and this is definitely a velvety feel all day. I love this!!! Which it had a pump in the packaging but not everything can be perfect.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesGreen

1.0

3 years ago

Pros: - it feels like a dream (very silicone) when I apply it to my face - there are 4 shades (fair, light, medium, tan) - it blends seamlessly into the skin if your skin isn't too dry (not sure how it works on oily skin) - SPF 30 Cons: - it directly cracks up on every single dry patch that I have and accentuate skin texture. I can seamlessly blend it on my hand, but I can't do that on my face - once dried it looks very powdery and cakey all over the face - coverage is minimal Terrible product. Won't repurchase.

About reviewer (667 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

3.0

3 years ago

I don't know about this one.. it feels very silicony and has minimal coverage. I tried it on it's own w/o foundation once and it separated like crazy and looked horrible after 5h. As a primer under my foundation it smoothens my skin but doesn't make foundation last longer. I hoped I could use this on it's own in the summer for sheer coverage due to the spf30 in it but that ain't gonna happen, as a primer it's just average. I find it to be too expensive for what it is so wouldn't repurchase but I'll try to use it up anyway cause it's okay under foundation. Nothing special in my opinion.

About reviewer (110 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Relaxed, Fine

2.0
from

3 years ago

I normally love all things by Tarte but I regret falling into the hype about this BB Cream. Yes it has good sun protection, a decent shade range and lovely minimalist packaging. However, for me, I find that the product sits right on top of my skin and doesn't blend well at all.Even with a Beauty Blender, it leaves streaks on my face. It feels very silicone-y and greasy and transfers onto my clothes; even when setting with a powder. At $47 CAD, I feel like the product should preform much better in terms of settling into the skin. I won't be repurchasing.

About reviewer (109 reviews)

Age30-35