Michael Todd True Organics Blue Green Algae Toner

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Michael Todd True Organics Blue Green Algae Toner

Aloe Barbadensis (Organic Aloe) Leaf Juice, Ascophyllum Nodosum (Organic Kelp) Extract, Aphanizomenon Flos Aquae (Organic Blue Green Algae) Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid), Salix Nigra (Black Willowbark) Extract, Euterpe Oleracea (Acai Fruit) Pulp Powder, Sodium Chloride (Dead Sea Salt), Polysorbate, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Essential Oil, Sodium Benzoate, Glucolactone, Citric Acid, Lavendula Angustifolia (Certifed Organic) Hydrosol.

on 1/25/2014 11:01:00 PM

This stuff is awesome. Like someone else said, it works best to prevent breakouts from happening vs clearing old ones, BUT it does this so well, while also cleaning up any little dirt left behind overnight or the end of the day (I use this both times for good measure) - Essentially, if you have sensitive skin, it may sting a little, but in a "I'm working & doing my magic" kind of way and it goes away very quickly - It will also sting a little more after the use of makeup VS. a normal day at home without it, or for someone who doesn't use any heavy foundation. (Which again, imo, shows it's actually working) BUT if you still can't handle the sting, applying with less product will help a lot, though you may not get the same results.

Personally, I still break out here and there but the difference is that it's in a more "normal" way, whereas before it was a little excessive and difficult to manage. The product claims to moisturize but I find this minimal- though it does seem to normalize any flaking breakouts with the help of moisturizer. Also, a baby-smooth finish right after use is certainly probable.

My only con is that this will probably last me just under 2 months. (despite the large size bottle) ... As well as the dark packaging being very difficult to figure out how much you've got left/been using. Though this is my first "regular" toner that I've found worth continuing (I've tried maybe 3 or so altogether) so I'm not sure if that's normal...

And of course, the fact that it's almost 100% natural is really cool.

PS: The smell is a slightly medicinal/herbal lavender scent. Take that as you may :)

on 11/11/2013 12:38:00 PM

I've been struggling with severe hormonal acne due to PCOS. While I've recently went back on my BCP, I also added this toner to my skincare routine and I really think it's been helping with the acne. Right now my skin is drying out (normally combo/oily) and I have large, painful break-out spots on my cheeks and jawline/neck. I've been using this toner day and night and notice a significant decrease in redness, swelling and new spots.

My face feels refreshed and clean after using this. And even though my skin is dry during the winter months, I don't feel like this strips my skin and makes it feel tight or uncomfortable.

I think this is very similar to the Aubrey Organics Blue Green Algae toner that has been discontinued, so if you loved that one and were looking for a replacement, check this out.