Revlon Photoready BB Cream SPF 30

Added Highlight :Mac Studio Finsh Concealer  NC30

2.9

on 4/30/2016 8:23:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hate me- I have nice skin. I'm 57 years old and the wrinkles are starting to "show". I prefer a tinted moisturizer to spackel but they are becoming more difficult for me to find. I also don't like to spend a lot of money on a product and then discover it is not working for me. I carry all of my cosmetics in a medium sized pouch that fits in my purse.

This BB cream has slightly more coverage than a tinted moisturizer. It blends nicely and feels like I have done something good for my skin. Not greasy or heavy at all. The color is good (I'm fair). It doesn't have any detectable fragrance. I have not had any reaction to it and my skin is slightly sensitive. I wear it daily and it is also the foundation of choice for an evening out.

It will probably go off market because EVERY time I find a product I like it is discontinued.

on 4/2/2016 8:33:00 AM

The only good thing about this product is the packaging :( It's so disappointing, after 2/3 hours it slides off my face I've tried leaving it set for various amount of times, with primer, without primer, powder no powder , everything ! It leaves a nice sheen on my skin when allowed to set for 20 minutes but this defeats purpose of bb cream I think. It just doesn't stay on my face. Wouldn't repurchase which is a shame because I do like the consistency of the product and I love the packaging.

on 11/10/2015 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I agree with a lot of the reviews here re: the dewiness of this product. To me it feels a lot like a sunscreen when applied--i.e., it can look borderline greasy when first rubbed on, but once it sinks in, it is super moisturizing and gives a nice glow/sheen to the skin.

As a result, it's probably not suitable in the summer months for those of us, myself included, who tend to get oily--or at least it's not suitable without a hefty primer/powder, which sort of defeats the purpose of using a BB cream.

However, it has been looking *absolutely lovely* on my current slightly-dry autumn skin, and I will definitely continue using it into the winter, when my skin gets its driest/flakiest. I have to change up my skincare seasonally anyway, so makeup tends to follow suit. It has light coverage that is almost imperceptible, doesn't cling to flaky patches, and lasts a decently long time. It also blends beautifully; I just apply with fingers, because using a damp sponge/Beauty Blender would make it way too "wet." (And a little goes a long way--if you end up overapplying, just buff it in with a brush and you'll be fine.) My shade, Light, is also a great color match for me, especially since a lot of the drugstore BB's I've tried tend to pull orange on me (not because they oxidize, they're just...orange).

The packaging is great. Squeeze tubes FTW, and I love that you can see the shade of the product through the tube.

This is a really solid drugstore BB, which I will definitely repurchase if I don't find anything better. Just don't expect it to be matte, since it is anything but. And get it on sale with a coupon if you can!

on 1/17/2015 8:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this product looking for a natural look and minimum coverage as I like to have that natural not caked on look. This product was awful. It was greasy and didn't cover at all just left my face shiny. I applied it to one side of my face to see if there was a difference and the only difference was that the side I had applied the product to looked really greasy with no coverage at all. Took this back for a refund.

I honestly did like this product when I first bought it and it wasn't too pricey either... But about a month later, somehow water or something got into it and it's completely watery and gross now. When I turn the bottle to the side I can just see the water in there and it's so weird. I don't know if I did something with it or if it did this naturally but right now it just look disgusting. If anyone else has this problem please tell me. Overall I would recommend it but only if the water came because of me.

on 11/13/2014 4:39:00 PM

Bought this in the light shade because I wanted a bb cream with spf & it was rated as one of the best on Paula's choice beautypedia. The shade itself was awesome, I'm Irish pinky & fair & it matched me but gave nice warmth (bought it towards the end of summer). Except I'm thinking now I may have to buy something else, not sure if it's because of the sunscreen but the product has separated and gotten completely watery. No big deal because it wasn't overly expensive and I got good use out of it during the summer months. I get skin problems in the winter anyway so it may be too sheer for the upcoming winter season. I might use the shade to match me for another foundation though.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I typically have no issue with using the regular formulated colorstay foundation, but I was nervous considering I have never been able to use a moisturizer without it breaking me out.
That fear was further heightened when I popped the top and went to use it and it smelt EXACTLY like the L'oreal ideal moisture facial lotion/spf that broke me out and clogged my pores the absolute worst even though it was "oil free" and "non-comedogenic".
I was happy with the coverage, I bought this just because my regular colorstay is full coverage, and I wanted something I could slap on and feel like I look decent. Isn't that the point of a BB cream?
Things to know:
1. It definitely needs to be set with some kind of powder, otherwise you're going to be shining bright like a diamond. & You'll need to re-powder every few hours. Which isn't that big of a deal considering I have oily skin anyways and would need to do this with or without.
2. Surprisingly doesn't break me out.
3. My skin still looks like skin, doesn't really look like I'm wearing makeup but my skin does look obviously "better". Which is exactly what I'd want in a bb cream.
4. I notice my dry areas are more hydrated.
5. I feel like this is the only product I've ever used that kind of made my pores disappear which is a plus.
6. There is a decent amount of product and it is thick. It's not watery and a little does go quite a bit a ways.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Worth a try if you have dry to very dry skin. This is the first concealer I've ever used (and I've tried A LOT trying to solve this problem) where I didn't require an oily moisturiser (and I literally mean oil- like rosehip oil or similar) under it to avoid it sitting like dry plaster on my face. It provides light coverage so I found myself using quite a few dabs - I can see myself running through a tube much faster than I would a foundation. I�m just so astonished it doesn't look "cakey" on my skin. I've used Dior Capture Totale- which retails for $145 a bottle in AUS, Loreal True Match and a host of others and always found I had to add a tonne of moisturiser first to make it look dewy or not "stick" to my skin and look dry. Perhaps there are better bb creams out there, but I am pleased with this one. I agree with another reviewer who said if you're pale don't get "Light" but get the next one up "Light Medium". Light, while it does match fair skin, makes me look almost ghost-like. L/M isn't an exact match for light skin, but it adds only a little bit of extra colour without any yellowing or even the dreaded "oranging" effect. Like another reviewer said- with their helpful pics- after 3-4 hours it does tend to leave an oily or shiny reside on the skin (so I removed one lippie) but it isn't bad enough to discourage me from wearing this. Break out the testers and have a play!

EDIT: This product is just too greasy! I bought quite a few tubes before admitting it just went greasy and shiny too fast. I stopped using it and won't be going back again!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I didn't like this product very much. I found it to make my skin very oily and shiny, I also found it leaves streaks. Though, it does give alright coverage. I wouldn't but this product again.

I absolutely love this BB Cream!! Ice been wearing it everyday since I bought it! I combine it with a touch of my Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation & I get a smooth semi dewy, semi matte finish. My skin looks so smooth & airbrushed but I always use a primer before applying. Makes a HUGE difference!! This bb cream will definitely be my go to cream for summer!!