Revlon Photoready BB Cream SPF 30

Revlon Photoready BB Cream SPF 30
Added Highlight :Mac Studio Finsh Concealer  NC30

3.0

on 1/2/2013 8:11:00 AM

I bought this because I thought it would provide better cover than most BB creams and it does. I have dry skin and have no problems with this feeling too greasy. I have not noticed an odor. It goes on smooth and feels light but gives me the coverage I want. I just use bit of powder on my nose and I'm good to go!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I generally like this product. I've been very against American bb creams since they first came out, they were all awful tinted moisturizers marketed as bb creams and it irritated me that they were using this marketing ploy. I've been using Korean bb creams for about two years now and it has been a staple product for me.

I set up the display for this Revlon bb cream in the store I work at, I tried out the tester and liked the consistency of it and figured "what the heck, I'll try it."

It has a thicker formula than Maybelline and is relatively lighter in color and less orangey than Garnier. I like that it has 30 SPF as opposed to 15. It starts off thick and then blends pretty well, it does leave an oily finish so it's best to set it.

I don't think that this product is as good as my Skin79 Pink Label, the Skin79 is by far superior. But if you are comparing it to the other American bb creams on the market, this is a win.

on 2/2/2013 7:28:00 PM

I purchased this in "Light" it was $10.99 in Ulta, had a 20% off coupon, so not too bad, was going to invest in Jane Iredale or Tarte versions, but decided to try this one first. My skin is very olive, and this Light has a bit of yellow in it, the Light/Medium looked too tan, I can always add bronzer if it's too light, this time of year it's fine, in the summer would have to go darker. This cream did a fab job of smoothing out my skin, with a nice matte finish, I have combo skin, oily in the T-Zone, dry on the cheeks, 6 hours later no shine, so I'm a happy camper. This BB is thick, but easy to spread, a little goes a long way.

I guess I'm one of the outliers that actually really likes this product. I have had fantastic luck with Revlon foundations in general (excluding liquid ColorStay), but I had low expectations for this. I don't buy into the whole "BB" trend, so I was just hoping it would be a thicker TM. I bought this in the lightest color, and it fits my NC20 skin well. (NOTE: If you are a Revlon CS Buff or Revlon PR Vanilla, this will be too dark for you). When I squeeze the bottle, a thick cream comes out. The consistency reminds me of Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer. I own LM TM, and I actually like Revlon's BB cream better since it spreads easier. It covers up my redness easily and moisturizes my skin very well. I top it with Maybelline Dream Matte and I'm good until lunch time. I'd say I powder twice with this throughout the day -- whereas I was powdering 3-5 times with Bare Minerals foundation. One big PLUS about this, is that it covers my HUGE pores quite well. My skin looks porcelain and I love it. Good stuff. Will repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I think this is definitely one of the better US drugstore BB Creams, but unfortunately I don't think it's going to be a Holy Grail product for someone with oily skin. My skin is oily but due to the cold winter weather, is slightly dehydrated, so I'm really enjoying this product this winter. When the humid summer rolls back around however, I don't think it'll get as much love from me as it currently is.
First of all shade match - I was very worried that the lightest shade would be too dark for me, as that has been the case with a few BB Creams I've tried in the past (Garnier & Dr.Jart WaterFuse for example) but to my delight the lightest shade is an ideal match for my very pale, neutral leaning warm undertoned skin (I'd be somewhere between shades N10 and NC15 if I wore MAC)
Next onto the price & packaging - I do feel that it's a tad on the pricey side for "drugstore", but Revlon is one of the more expensive drugstore brands in general, and their foundations are typically more expensive than any of the others.
I paid just under $11 USD at my local Walgreens. &The packaging, it's so sleek, I really like it! A silver tube with a flat black cap.
The product itself is SO soft! I wanted to rub it all over my hands so I would quit touching my face! I still can't believe how soft this stuff makes my face feel :) I also have very acne/clog-prone skin &was quite worried I may end up with a break out from this. Usually anything that feels nice, soft, and silky (like this) ends up giving me a mountain of clogged pores or a straight up acne flare up. So I patch tested this product on my forehead for almost 2 weeks before I built up the nerve to use it all over my face (I'm a wuss, I know lol) &Now I'm disappointed that I didn't try it sooner! I'm that impressed.
Like said above, my skin is oily, but I use a few BHA & AHA treatments a week which tend to dry out my skin ever so slightly, especially during the winter. When my skin is feeling especially dry(dehydrated), I apply this and any dry patches or flakes are gone. With that being said I do typically need to blot after 5-6 hours of wear. Which isn't terrible (it's not like, sliding off my face or anything like that, just a little extra oily, specifically in my Tzone area) -but an oily Tzone isn't something that is typical for me this time of year. Blotting is usually something that I only need to do during the summer/warmer months so that is why I'm thinking that when the humid Pennsylvania summer comes back around I won't be able to wear it very long at all without having to blot, which will in turn most likely turn me away from it in general.. BUT, that's totally OK because I really needed something lightweight & moisturizing for winter. It makes me crazy when foundations or TM's enhance any dry patches (even if my dry patches are self-inflicted from dehydrating my skin with AHA/BHA) But knowing that I can rely on this to diminish those dry areas that I have from time to time is refreshing to know.
It is a very light coverage product which is ideal for daily wear since at this time I only have some minor discoloration to hide. For days when I need a more polished look(medium-to-full coverage) I can layer this with another light-medium coverage product to get that effect (I've already used Clinique Perfectly Real Powder Foundation & Maybelline PureStay Powder Foundation over this.) Both successfully creating full coverage for me.
Overall I'm quite pleased and plan to continue use for as long as I can, or as long as my oily skin will allow without getting "messy" oily ;) I've been highly recommending this left and right, especially to those with dry or dehydrated skin.
In my personal opinion, PhotoReady BB Cream is definitely a hit from Revlon and I do plan to repurchase, even if I'm only able to use it during winter, it's nice to know that I have around for that purpose :)

I have pale, somewhat normal to dry skin and I live in Texas. I spend a fair amount of time outdoors. I walk to and from work so I need to look professional and be sun safe at the same time. So the one thing that I immediately love about this is how great and unburnt my skin looks at night when I wash this off. So the 30 SPF broad spectrum sunscreen is a big hit with me. I have never had a foundation or tinted moisturizer look so good and block so much of the sun before. I hope that this 30 SPF or higher becomes a trend with other products as well. When I got it at Walgreens, it was the last one left in any color and I was lucky it was the light shade that I wanted. I did a quick look around and noticed that for the most part, the face products with SPF seemed to be selling better than the ones without. I got this in early July so that was probably why I saw that trend.

The product itself is a bit oily on my skin but I am okay with that since I think it gives me a dewy look. It gives somewhat sheer to light coverage which is the kind I like the best. This coverage evens out my skin tone but I still need a concealer for the problem bits. Right now, this is my best product that I have found for my face in several years. I'm 46 and I just wish this had been around since I was a teen, I can only dream about how young I would look if I had always had this high of a SPF on my face and body everyday.

I have finally found a drugstore bb cream that makes me look amazing in one simple step. I am a male model and ive been trying to find the perfect makeup products that would make my skin look amazing but at the same time like there is nothing on it. As a male i feel like my face products need to be somewhat better than most females because i cant have my face looking like i have makeup on it. the goal is to look naturally perfect and this does just that. A lot of people keep saying it makes them look oily, but i actually find with a simple mattifying primer, or a light dusting of finishing powder keeps this looking semi matte and perfect on me all day. doesn't feel like a mask, and protects skin amazingly with the high spf. No sparkles like the other photo ready products thank god. i am Edward Cullen pale and this matches my skin perfectly without making me look dead, or adding to much color.

on 4/30/2016 8:23:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hate me- I have nice skin. I'm 57 years old and the wrinkles are starting to "show". I prefer a tinted moisturizer to spackel but they are becoming more difficult for me to find. I also don't like to spend a lot of money on a product and then discover it is not working for me. I carry all of my cosmetics in a medium sized pouch that fits in my purse.

This BB cream has slightly more coverage than a tinted moisturizer. It blends nicely and feels like I have done something good for my skin. Not greasy or heavy at all. The color is good (I'm fair). It doesn't have any detectable fragrance. I have not had any reaction to it and my skin is slightly sensitive. I wear it daily and it is also the foundation of choice for an evening out.

It will probably go off market because EVERY time I find a product I like it is discontinued.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I am so frustrated with these reviews! Many of these people clearly have not used an authentic/real BB cream from Asia. Real BB creams are thick and are not liquid-y like foundation. You do not use a brush to apply it, but your fingers, to get a smooth coverage - brushes will just give you a flaky, dry look. Now, on to the review...
I think I have finally found a good North American BB cream. The consistency is just right, nice and thick, but not super goopy-thick. It applies perfectly using my fingers. It smooths out, and provides a light coverage with one coat, and a light-medium coverage with 2 coats. I find that this BB cream works very well with moisturizing my face during the day. My skintone is around NC30 and the shade 'Medium' matches perfectly. I recomend this product to anyone who wants to try out a good BB cream. Now, only if the price wasn't so high in Canada...

I had high hopes for this BB cream as in general I've had good experiences with Revlon foundations. I purchased the fairest shade possible in 'light' and it was too dark and orange for my complexion. For reference I wear MAC NC15 and in a variety of Revlon foundations I wear Buff, Ivory, or Vanilla. I'm disappointed that Revlon would exclude the fair from being able to wear their latest new release.