Matrix Total Results Amplify Volume Shampoo

Matrix Total Results Amplify Volume Shampoo

on 9/6/2016 6:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This shampoo is pretty misleading in how it is labeled vs. how it performs. For starters I have very fine, wavy to curly hair and I usually use AG Colour Savour shampoo. When I tried this shampoo, all other aspects of my routine stayed the same except this. The Amplify shampoo first, does not really amplify. Which is fine because I find many volumizing products drying. It is also a silicone free shampoo (which I don't really care about but some may). So if you are buying this for volume...DON'T. This is a shampoo for "normal" hair. It actually leaves my uber fine waves oily at the roots faster than when I use my AG. The Amplify will not protect your color, does not even lather that well (it does contain sulfates though), has sodium chloride (for those avoiding that due to treatments) and was just an all around disappointment long term. I say "long term" because, yes, I did have decent freshly washed hair. This product would be a solid average 3 lippies for me. But I am bringing it down to 2 lippies because I would not want someone in desperate need of a volumizing shampoo thinking this is going to perform how the label indicates...it will not. It is just a shampoo, no extra volume or days between washes here.

on 8/24/2016 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

After using a sample size I fell in love with this shampoo & I purchased a full size bottle. It smells fresh & clean and it cleans my hair very well. It gives me volume and it doesn't weigh down my hair. I noticed my hair is less frizzy and it leaves it very smooth, in fact I don't need to use my de tangling spray. I use it with the conditioner.

To Read all 9 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/16/2015 7:41:00 AM

This is pretty good stuff on my rather limp and coloured hair.
Its not the most volumising, but those that are better at giving me more body tend to strip the colour out, whilst those that are designed to keep colour in are always far too moisturising so make me really flat & greasy.
This is a good compromise at a reasonable price, and I even like the smell!

on 12/10/2014 7:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Snagged a bottle at my local salon for $8 (2 for $15 - so I got the conditioner also). For fine hair this won;t weigh you down. no issue so far and my hair is fine, slightly dry, aging and color treated. Smells fine.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have fine to medium textured hair that is finicky about shampoos. This one leaves my hair feeling clean and balanced. It truly adds shine and volume while being gentle, smells pleasant, and lathers well. I have tried many shampoos over the years and this one works for me every time.

Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Citric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Fragrance, Sodium Benzoate, Salicylic Acid, Polyquaternium 10, Panthenol, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, Benzyl Alcohol, Green 3 (CI 42053), Yellow 10 (CI 47005)

A very average shampoo. Seems to clean fine without weighing down my fine straight hair. Yet no volume observed. So if you want just a basic shampoo, go for it. If you expect some volume, I would not recommend it.

on 11/29/2013 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have short, fine hair that gets weighed down if you even look at it. I color the roots (light blond) 3 times a month and that has damaged my hair. I trim my hair every 3 weeks so it looks healthy. I used this shampoo while staying at someone's house and was impressed enough to take some home. I keep it in my rotation. I use the Treseme Platinum line (HIGHLY recommend!) and this...I alternate because while the Treseme does a fabulous job at fixing damage, it can weigh my hair down a little...I also rotate with John Freida's Full Repair line and this. I haven't tried Matrix conditioner yet,

on 1/15/2013 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really like this shampoo so far. It gives me volume but still leaves my hair soft and shiney. My hair is fine with oily roots and slightly dry ends from highlighting. Its hard to find a shampoo and conditioner that gives me volume but still leaves your hair soft and healthy feeling. This shampoo and matching conditioner does a pretty good job of both. It is going into the rotation.

on 11/4/2012 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I like this!! It does not make thé hair heavy, smells really nice and fresh and is really of good quality, concentrated! I bought this with the conditioner in the same line cause they have discontinued my old favourite John Frieda Luxurious volume here....

I have REALLY, really, thin fine hair, that usually is extremely flat and "oily"....

Yes, I'd repurchase... :)