3.6

$99.00 on Sephora
Shop Now

Reviews

a month ago

Very pretty scent! I saw a lot of comparisons to Flowerbomb, which I also love. This reminds me more of one of the Miss Dior perfumes though. They change formulas so often I'm not entirely certain which one.

About reviewer (315 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

a month ago

La Vie est Belle is my signature scent so you know up-front that this is a favorable review. Things become ubiquitous when there is greatness to them and that is the case with this magnificent perfume by Lancôme. I guess you can say I like the basics; basic like a string of pearls, a well-tailored black suit, and tasteful black leather stilettos. This is the type of "basic" that I perceive of La Vie est Belle. The composition opens with an enveloping sweetness that somehow manages a concurrent delicacy; like a dancing ballerina, she seems frail but her bones and musculature are strong and true, vibrant and ready. Don't mistake her dexterity for mere frivolity; on the contrary: feminine, sweet, rich and decadent, if you're looking for a candied personal scent cloud, give LVEB a go. This composition is very artfully, masterfully, and deliberately engineered to be precisely what she is. I heard a YouTube reviewer say in description of this fragrance, something like "La Vie est Belle is basic but it's basic done to perfection". I concur with her wholeheartedly; this treasure has conquered me completely and I say that without shame, dazzled by the sheer beauty of this simple, yet iconic fragrance. If she loves you (as she loves me - my chemistry, that is) - she will love you passionately and completely. Fragrance: Still a 10/10. Performance including projection, sillage, and longevity: 10/10 Value: Superb. To me, worth so much more than present asking prices, I'm grateful to have fallen for this attainable, simple, basic beauty. LVeB is very well suited to glamorous women of all ages. I am eternally mesmerized.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

10 months ago

This perfume smells amazing. It has staying power like no other. It is a rather strong perfume so if you're not into that or have a sensitive nose you might want to stay away. It smells sweet and decadent but it does mellow out to a nice patchouli note. If you aren't into gourmand fragrances then this isn't for you. Its a very youthful smelling fragrance but I think any age can wear this as its also a very feminine scent. All in all I would give it a try if you're in the market for something new.

About reviewer (97 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

a year ago

This perfume has lasting power and strength, second to none. Lasting power like no other perfume I’ve ever sampled. I love vanilla-like scents and I’m always a fan of that extra touch of patchouli in my perfumes! Very good lasting power too, excellent job once again lancome

About reviewer (68 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Other

2.0

a year ago

Not a showstopping or especially unique fragrance. To me, it smells like V&R flowerbomb but more fruity. A fruity flowerbomb, if you will. I like that it’s feminine, pretty, and fairly strong. It’s certainly not a weak scent, or displeasing by any means. It’s simply not my favorite, as I don’t find anything special or memorable about it. It doesn’t evoke an image; it’s difficult to see exactly the woman this fragrance is made for, because the scent to me is a little scattered. Most times, a great fragrance really paints a picture and you can see the exact type of woman that it’s made for. You either identify with it, it speaks to you, it lures you in, or it... simply does nothing. Falls flat. In one word, this fragrance is: boring. Absolutely boring. It’s pretty, it’s fresh, it’s like a million others out there. There is nothing memorable, provocative, unique, special, or enticing about LVEB, in my opinion. As I am certainly all of those things, and I know you ladies out there are as well... this perfume gets a hard pass. It’s a touch too sweet, a touch too boring, and way overpriced to be smelling so unremarkable. Don’t settle for LVEB.

About reviewer (79 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

a year ago

I cannot say enough good things about this perfume. I have literally had people CHASE me down to tell me how good I smell and ask what I'm wearing. I've been chased down in Walmart, chased down while crossing the street etc... and I'm not exaggerating. I've even had clients ask me what I'm wearing so they can buy it for their wives/girlfriends. Of course, every scent smells different on every person but on me, this is what I have been re purchasing for many many many years and will continue to do so.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

a year ago

Several months ago I wrote a scathing review of LVEB, accusing it of being the ultimate in generic, formulaic "mall" scents. I mean, how many candied fruitchouli scents do we need, especially for >$100 a bottle? I'm back with a different take on this perfume, because I've kept using my little bottle of LVEB... and it's really grown on me! Ever since I smelled Angel on my beautiful neighbor, I tried and tried to make that fragrance work for me, but on my skin it has always smelled like sweaty armpits + stewed prunes. Coco Mademoiselle has many of the same notes as Angel, and it smells good on me, but I just find it trite and overly squeaky-clean. As it turns out, LVEB is "my" perfect Angel! It's clearly an Angel derivative, with the whole vanilla-caramel-praline-patchouli drydown and fruity topnotes, but it actually smells heavenly on me and gives me that sugar/patchouli contrast I so love about Angel. Angel was a groundbreaker and is daring to this day-- and I'll always love it from afar. Some may argue LVEB, by contrast, is sanitized and annoyingly synthetic. I get that, but I cannot deny that it smells GREAT on me and makes me feel good all day. If I have to smell a bit generic and recognizable, so be it. Some things are popular for good reason. BTW, the InStyle/Perfect Scents dupe of LVEB sold at Walgreens and CVS is really quite close to the original. It wears more lightly, which some may even prefer. I wear the "imposter" version to work and the real thing at bedtime and on dates :)

About reviewer (229 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair, Not Sure

HairRed, Other, Other

2.0
from

a year ago

My sister purchased it several years ago simply because she loves every single perfume with sweet notes which is not my favorite at all. I sprayed a little bit on my wrist and once I sniffed I had a headache and stomachache. To sum it up this perfume is way too much sweet and more likely to be idolized by a teenage girl. I gave it two lippies only because I liked the packaging, the bottle design, the color it and the small ribbon which is tied around the bottleneck. Notes: my favorite perfumes are Chance-Chanel Coco- Chanel No5-Chanel N22-Chanel Coromandel-Chanel Cinnabar- Estée Lauder Youth Dew- Estée Lauder Aromatics-Clinique magie noire-Lancome

About reviewer (112 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair

HairOther

EyesOther

1.0

a year ago

I cannot stand this perfume, it is really cloying and sickening. Very strong and sweet - in a bad way. It make me nauseous.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

1.0

a year ago

Ewww.... I can't tolerate this one. I get cotton candy. That's it - starts there and ends there.

About reviewer (97 reviews)

Age56 & Over