Jane Iredale Glow Time BB Cream

Filtered by skin type : Oily

2.5

Not tested on animals

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I was excited to try the BB Cream, thinking it must be fantastic for the price I payed. I was so disappointed. It was so thick and settled into every little wrinkle. My husband told me I looked like I should be in a casket for viewing!! Really it did remind me of that. I'll stick with my Loreal or Rimmel.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this while visiting a spa, still in a haze of bliss and determined to be treating my skin to the "healthier" options. I was looking for something with more of a glow than my regular double wear that I could use every day but still had a bit of coverage.

When I saw the glowtime I thought great. It has spf, coverage and would give me a glow. All good. The assistant recommended BB6 for me. I also ended up buying the amazing base as a setting powder. Not sure this was the best advice from the assistant as I've since discovered this is a foundation all of its own. But I just used a light dusting to set the BB.

The first thing that struck me was the thickness of the product. A pea sized amount was recommended. So i dotted it on my skin and duly blended using my real techniques expert face brush. I have quite a bit of hyperpigmentation so I found that a pea sized amount well blended is not enough. I had to go back over the worst areas and stipple over these areas.

The colour of this is quite yellow which is great for minimising redness. You have to be careful to blend very well. It does give a lovely glow to the skin and I must say I looked younger and fresher with this.

However after a little while (about an hour) I found that this started to feel very oily on my t-zone area. I found I needed to blot very regularly in order to keep shine at bay and to stop the foundation seperating. By the end of the day it had disappeared form my t-zone but remained everywhere else. Not ideal really.

This may work for me if i used the jane iredale primer and the matt finishing powders but to be honest I was not impressed enough to part with more cash in the hope of making this product work. I think there are plenty more products that can do what this product offers at a more affordable price.

I have a bugbear about these companies like bare minerals and jane iredale in that you cannot just seem to use one product from their lines. If you but one you seem to have to buy a whole range of products to make it work. I had a bad experience of this with bare minerals too a few years ago. Spent an absolute fortune and ended up with a load of products I just couldnt use.

While I'm on a roll another bugbear about these products - they are designed and advertised to be great for acne and rosacea skin types. I went to the jane iredale site for application tips. Not one demo of covering acne or rosacea to be found. Just models with. flawless skin. Not a great inspiration for those with problem skin to invest i think.

All in all I think EUR 104 was enough to part with for what is after all a mediocre product in my opinion.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Okay do love this product and being a beauty therapist, product junky and counter manager myself I do believe this is a really lovely addition to any girls make up bag who is looking for nice natural products that don't harm the skin or cause break outs. And if used correctly could take the place of many foundations. However! I would highly recommend adding this product to a lighter version of a BB cream as it is so thick and full that it can look cakey if applied incorrectly and can be difficult to work with.
I currently use this product in the number 7 added with my kiehl's BB cream in the medium colour I think it is (I have previously done a review on this product if you want the full name for it). I add the tiniest bit of my glow time to a glob of my kiehl's as that's all you need. Because my glow time is the wrong colour for me when tanned it works well with my kiehl's to make it darker then I use my number 7 on it's own to correct my under eye area as it is stark enough on it's own I think to be used as a concealer!
Pros-
Skin loving ingredients
Not too oily for the product type (I do set this with a setting powder)
It lasts forever as you only need the smallest amount! (I have had mine for a 1.5 years and still going ! )
The coverage !!
The packaging (lovely big tube!! With lots of product)
Cons-
Price (although you do get a lot of product and it lasts for ages so can't really complain)
It can be hard to work with if used purely on it's own.
The coverage can be a bit heavy (if used in correctly)

Over all would 100% by this again!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this at the Nordstrom Spa in downtown Seattle and they walked me through various ways of applying either for full coverage (apply without blending with any lotion) or light coverage. For a matte, polished look I use the face powder by the same brand. My skin is nether oily or dry from it's use and it hasn't caused any breakouts. For application I use the pink beauty blender sponge.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm an Iredale fan, but not because of this BB Cream. I use their PureBase pressed powder in Satin and it's the Best pressed powder I've used (and I compare with Bare Minerals and Cover Fx).

First off, ''Glow Time'' is not a BB Cream. It's a full-fledged FULL coverage foundation. It will cover everything, which is a plus, but with major drawbacks. The poor choice of color, combined with opaqueness and poor blendability, restricts the number of potential contented users. If, by chance, you are a perfect match for one of their 6 shades, then perhaps you will like it. But you have to be experienced in applying makeup, because it dries quickly and needs to be spread out with a foundation brush.

But even then, you will need to have no pores and no dry skin. As most of us gals have either oily skin (thus pores) or dry skin (thus dry patches), or both, this further restricts the possibility of this foundation suiting you.

As I bought a color that was wrong for me, and have both pores and dry patches, this was a terrible choice for me and I regret very much that I bought it from a spa that is loath to take returns. Still, I appreciate the absence of skin irritants (it does have silicones, which are not irritants per se, but I read on this forum that some find them bothersome). I also appreciate the SPF. For that reason alone, I give it two lippies.

CAUTION : You will need a heavy-duty cleanser to get rid of this. It does indeed work as advertised as water-resistant. If that's what you need, then you may have found your HG, but for daily ''normal'' use, that's another problem with this product because even though it might not be irritant to sensitive skin by itself, the arduous process of taking it off might very well irritate your skin. It made mine more red than it had been in a few weeks. I used minence's clear skin cleanser as usual, and it was still ALL there. No kidding! Then I SCRUBBED with a handtowel with more minence cleanser, and painstakingly it started to come off. I never scrub my skin and I don't use makeup-up remover either, usually for lack of a need for it. THEN, as there was STILL much visible ''BB cream'', I made myself a kaolin white clay mask. Absorbent properties of clay would surely do away with the rest of the cream, I thought. I waited 10 minutes, took off the mask, then indeed looked makeup-free (and it was a relief as the ''BB cream'' had given my skin horrible fake texture!).

The next morning, I gently washed my face with minence Stone Crop gel wash to remove nighttime oil/sweat. Then I sat in front of my mirror. That's when, thanks to full daylight, I saw there was STILL a spot on my face where the darn BB Cream stuck!!! I had to massage the area with pure argan oil to have it come off and I could see the yellow/orange very clearly on the tissue I used.

If you cleanse with oil, then this might not be a huge problem, as the argan oil seemed to be able to take it off my skin. Still, I'm miffed the spa assistant did not mention this. Anyhow, for those who have found this product to cause breakouts, I believe it's because it might not come off fully at night, not because any of its ingredients are bad or comedogenic.

Bottom line : do try it out in a store, but apply it on your full face to see how it appears on your skin texture and how easily it comes off at night. I would not recommend buying this before trying to wash it off at least once.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Its "ok". I bought this as a recommendation from my esthetician. I've used far better BB creams that are much cheaper, Skin 79 brand is very good and I'll probably go back to that, but I'm going to continue using it for two weeks just to see if it helps my skin. It looks alright on smooth, clear skin. But if your skin is a little dry or breaking out the coverage is strange and awful. That's the only way I can describe it.

Also, I think it made me more oily and it comes off very easily even when I put on a layer of powder. The color is odd, much more yellow than other BB creams, that typically have a gray or purple kind of cast. Though it did mellow into an ok shade after application. But yea, for the price point I expected a lot more.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Awful. Not sure if this, or that gawd-awful Nerium product, was the culprit behind my worst breakout in years. Regardless...this product sits in pores, making them look even bigger. It accentuates dry, flaky spots. It is difficult to spread, although it is easier to do so immediately after applying moisturizer. Awful.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

EDIT: NEVERMIND. Have been using this off and on for a year and I JUST figured out that it's the cause of my sporadic breakouts. Because I wasn't using it consistently, I couldn't figure out what was causing me to break out so badly. But lately I've been using this more and more, and the more I use it, the worse my skin gets. I'm talking breakouts like I haven't had since my teens-- I had to start using Proactiv again! I finally threw this in the trash and within a week my skin was 90% better. I'm actually ANGRY at this product and at the people at Jane Iredale who won my trust with their pressed mineral foundation and then threw this silicone bomb at me. Garbage. Absolute garbage.

I bought this as a happy accident- I was actually in my salon looking for a slightly darker shade of pressed powder for summer when they showed me this new product. I ended up getting both the Smooth Affair and this BB cream and I have to say, all three used together (primer, bb, pressed powder) creates an airbrushed, natural look that I've never been able to achieve before. Other reviewers have noted that there's not a huge color selection, but the great thing about this product is that it sort of adapts to your skin tone after a few minutes. I've been wearing this daily for several weeks and it looks just as good five hours after I put it on as it does twenty minutes after. I will say that I'm super oily and this definitely doesn't do anything to help that; I'm used to blotting throughout the day, though, so that's not really a big deal. Another thing- reviewers keep mentioning that a little goes a long way? Yeah. A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY. Think half a pea. Just a teeny, teeny bit. I apply this with my fingers (it seems to melt better and spread more easily this way) and anything more than the smallest amount will look cakey. Oh! And this doesn't break me out AT ALL. That's how I found Jane Iredale in the first place- EVEYTHING breaks me out except Jane Iredale and Jan Marini, and this product is no exception. I really love it.