Jane Iredale Glow Time BB Cream

Filtered by skin type : Dry

4.2

Not tested on animals

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

i have caucasian skin that i suppose is olive with a warm undertone. In the winter I still look darker even though I am pale. Impossible to find shade that works for me. Why are Caucasian skin darker foundations damn orangey or damn chalky ? Becca Olive foundation while great coverage is so so chalky on Olive skin at least mine. Tooo light in color. I have been usng shade 9 BB cream for years and will never change. I have dry skin so the moisturizing cream texture makes application supereasy. No streaking and with primer Glow time stays presentable for eight hours. I have really dark circles and some discoloration and Glowtime covers them with a concealer under eyes after application. The shade itself is unique It looks darker in tube for some but on my face its perfect even in winter. No discoloration from neck I absolutely love this foundation it feels moisturizing on my skin and does not separate nor show pores. I do not need setting powder but I have started to use some just under eye area and around nose for winter paleness. Please if your skin tone sounds like mine dont let the shade itself make you run. The undertone leaves no orange and no gray its not warm its not red its kind of neutral but leaves a nice warm tone to skin. The overall effect is totally natural and not a matte finish. The finish is kind of dewy which is awesome.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my new HG foundation + sunscreen! So far my favorite has been Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation, but honestly VD is a little too drying. But JI Glow Time BB has as good of coverage + sun protection as VD but neither drying nor shiny/oily. It also has a better color match. Even the lightest shade "Opal" of VD was a little too dark/yellow/warm for me. Although I am Asian, since my skin is fair-light and cool undertoned, Glow Time "#3", which has a hint of pink, works a lot better for me. When it comes to coverage though, NOTHING outperforms VD. Period.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Originally I didn't like this product. I started out using BB3 which looked really heavy, settled in my lines, and just didn't look right. Turns out half the problem was that the color wasn't right. I contacted JI customer service and they sent me a generous sample of BB5. Now, I think these run light, as I wear Bisque in the Amazing Base, which should be MUCH lighter than BB5 according to their descriptions. But BB5 looks good. A good color match is a must. And then there is application. I feel like I was applying way too much, at first. After talking with their customer service and reading lots of reviews, I now use a few small dabs and blend with my fingers or a sponge and it looks really great. Very, very smooth and perfect.
After all the initial bumps in the road, this is now one of my favorite foundations. The coverage is great, I love the color, the SPF is perfect for daily intermittent sun exposure. It's not too glowy or too matte. And I think the tube will last forever with how little I actually need to use. I don't find this terribly thick or hard to blend. My skin is pretty dry but so far it doesn't dry it out any more or anything (this was a problem with JI Dream Tint tinted moisturizer. NOT moisturizing on me by a long shot!). In the winter, I think I can mix the BB3 that I have with the BB5 and it will work nicely (and use up the "too light" color). It is pricey, but really well worth it.
Edited to add: this BB is more than enough coverage for me on its own, but on days when I know I'm going to be needing to look extra polished, or working really late, I use a dusting of Amazing Base mineral powder over this. Looks absolutely perfect all day long that way.

I don't know, I love this stuff and at the same time I hate it. I am so torn, but for the price I think I need to move on and find something that I adore.

I love:
- That its a mineral foundation. Everyone who knows anything about skin (primarily my facialist) tells me I need to use good mineral foudation.
- Its FULL coverage. The name "BB Cream" is deceiving. This is a full on foundation that does great at covering my redness and skin imperfections.
- SPF is always a good thing
- Easy to apply and blend. The saleswoman told me to apply with my fingers, which I prefer.
- Packaging is cute and product is easy to dispense

I don't love:
- Biggest con is that I find I get shiny by mid morning. i blot and blot and blot, but by afternoon all the foundation is gone. I bought several different primers (including the Jane Iredale primer) and nothing keeps the product on! That's pretty much my only beef with the product.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Really like this with a fine dusting of the loose powder on top. I have red cheeks and little red blood vessels under my eyes. I am 41, and am always balancing that knife edge of under eye concealment and too much under eye concealment. (if you are over 40, you know ) I find this to be one of those product lines that eases those woes. I am porcelain with ruddiness. ( NW European) Darkest auburn/brunette and green eyes Skin is dry and flaky around nose not oily, and the rest is normal. I use an OIL moisturizer. Usually a single oil not a blend mixed with other ingredients. OR Ecco Bella has an herbal oil in a round jar that is also a good moisture backdrop. I put this on with my fingers one section at a time. I find that the BB3 is great with the light beige powder on top. (tap and swirl the powder brush so as to not look cakey) This lasts all day long. In winter I am BB1 and Ivory powder. I have to say that if you have any patchiness the BB1 is going to cling to it more than the BB3. I just make sure to use the washcloth in the shower and use the moisture first, and it is not a problem. I have been using this for a month now, and have had no issues with my skin. I use mychelle creamy pumpkin cleanser, and it comes off with ease. I can not wear foundations with alcohol, because of the sensitive sides of nose. This does not end up causing any sensitivity. It is also CRUELTY FREE! I am going back for more of this and the loose powder. I have heard good things about their circle delete. I am #2.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

The palest shade is very, very pale! Paler than all bobbi brown foundations, and mac ( duh) it's looks like mac fb c1 and white in a 1:2 ratio

It's pretty full coverage but not cakey or matte. I like the finish and coverage a lot! It transfers a lot, but I've never found a foundation that isn't grossly matte and doesn't transfer a lot so I don't care much. It def needs a touch up in the afternoon.

I love it though, almost HG for me.. almost!

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I started using Jane Iredale compact powder several years ago. I think I am allergic to parabens and mineral oil following many years of sun tan lotion use when sailing. I am sure it was an accumulative issue, but have no desire to try them out again. I absolutely loved the powder. It is light, but covers well, giving me a good SPF coverage and being portable to boot.

Now in my 50's I felt I needed more coverage, and decided to take the plunge and get a BB cream as I was going to Australia for 10 days. The idea was a foundation-like product with good SPF which would not upset my skin.

Well I hated it, really hated it. It felt thick, non-mobile in terms of spread ability. I felt like I had this thick plastic mask on. The only good thing is that I did not burn.

On returning to NZ, I went back to the compact again and was very happy to do so.

However, I felt the powder was beginning to make me look older, sitting on top of my skin or in the creases. Time to make a change.

I tried the BB cream again, and once more hated it. Not giving up, though, I watched several videos, including Jane's on how to apply it. I also went to my stockist to ask advise and discuss dislike of the product.

The secret, is definitely in the application. I was advised I could add it to moisturiser to make it more malleable and that it is indeed supposed to be very thick. The idea is once applied, it does not move!!!

I now use a pea sized amount which I put on the base of my thumb. I let is warm up on my skin and apply tiny dots on my face and spread it out on newly moisturised skin. I use the pads of my fingers and work quickly and gently, as if I am applying a light oil. I work in sections, so it does not have time to settle in any one space as a blob.

The only downside is that it tends to make a dry area by my nose more noticeable, but I add a little concealer here to hide this, as suggested by my stockist.

Overall I have begun to like this product and would advise anyone trying it to either have a beautician show them how to apply it, or look at the video tutorials. Whether I would repurchase is open to debate at this stage, but I am hoping by Summer I have become proficient enough in its application that I do.

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I have only been using the bb cream3 for a short period, but am very impressed so far. It covers my rosacea redness extremely well, and I like that it serves as concealer, sunscreen and supplements my moisturizer. It takes a few minutes to settle into my skin, but is virtually invisible. The price is comparable for similar quality products, and, since you use so little per application I do not anticipate having to purchase more than once or twice per year. I noticed that some reviewers had issues with breakouts and/or difficulty removing the product effectively. I cleanse with a Clarisonic oscillating brush, and it cleans my face (I am 60+ and on the dry side) gently and thoroughly.

I LOVE this BB cream! I have never tried one until now! Beautiful, buildable coverage and gives you a healthy glow! I use the Jane Brightening Primer underneath, and then the Pressed Base over top with a spray of the Balance Antioxidant spray and it looks beautiful! My skin never looked so healthy! And with such amazing ingredients too that will help my skin. Loving breathable, mineral make up.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Edit: This is no longer my holy gail. Now that winter has rolled around, the awful weather has put my makeup to the test and this does not hold up on a cold day. It caked up and made me super dry and flaky (which was gross) despite using an oil serum and heavy moisturizer before application. I suspect this has to do with the dimethicone that's fairly high on the ingredient list. I was a little disappointed to read that but was willing to look past it since JI is cruelty-free and the other makeup is fabulous. I own a lot of their stuff and love it, but this foundation just doesn't do it for me in the winter months, so I had to toss it.
______________________________________________________________________

Holy Grail! Not only does that color match (NC20 - 25 for reference), it looks amazing, feels amazing, doesn't break me out, and it's made with a bunch of crazy good for your skin ingredients. The only negative about this stuff is how expensive it is. But if you know if you're shade you can find it on ebay for about 15 bucks less than what you would normally pay, which is around 50 bucks.

I can't describe how in love with this foundation I am. Coverage can be adjusted depending on how glowy you want to look. I have super dry skin so I have to moisturize with rose hip oil first, then a cream moisturizer, and then the bb cream. The result I get is smooth, healthy skin all day long and I don't even have to set this with a powder. For those women with oilier skin, you would probably want to set with a translucent powder or blot during the day.

If you were on the fence about this, you absolutely need to try it!! I highly recommend the entire Jane Iredale Line. Just as a side note, I've tried just about everything else of theirs and I love everything about them (minus the price, of course).