Physicians Formula Matte Collection Quad Eye Shadow in Canyon Classic

Physicians Formula Matte Collection Quad Eye Shadow in Canyon Classic

4.5

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I was surprised by how often I end up reaching for this. No, there's not a lot of wow factor here, but for daytime and a natural look, I love it. I mix the top two shades on my eyelids, then use the lightest shade on my browbone and use a hint of the darkest shade in my creaseline. The formula doesn't quite compare to pricier brands, I must say, in terms of pigmentation and texture, but it works for me most of the time and is definitely worth the price. (A lot of the high end companies' shadows contain carmine or are tested on animals, which rules them out for me.) Also, I'm not out and about outside -- mostly indoors -- so that may make a difference.

on 6/9/2017 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

Sorry, I just don't get the hype/love for this. I have a lot of eyeshadow and think I have a pretty good handle on what's really good. So...

PROS
--Good for sensitive eyes

CONS
--Dry and lacking pigmentation
--Barely show up (and I'm pretty pale)

Granted, I like some oomph to my eyeshadow, so something this insipid and boring just doesn't work for me. If you like very subtle colors and have sensitive eyes, this might work for you. I keep this around to use on brows.

on 10/18/2016 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

What a great find! It's been years since I bought eye shadow from a the drugstore but I'm so glad I impulsively purchased this little quad. The shadows are soft, buttery and blend beautifully. The colors are all matte and the pigment is muted which is exactly what I wanted because I needed some subtle shades for the workday. What I really love is that I can apply in a hurry and not mess up. These shadows are so soft and blendable that they are virtually mistake proof. The colors might turn up a little brighter on a fair skinned person, but I have medium-tan olive skin so the shades are very muted on me. The light brown shades are very cool so just for the fun of it I tried using them to do some light contouring and it turned out lovely. The lightest shade can also be used as a highlighter on the cheeks although I didn't like that quite so much because while I don't want super sparkly highlighter I do like a little bit of sheen. Overall this palette is totally worth the money and above average for drugstore eyeshadows. I would repurchase for sure.

I purchased this eye quad pallet at Rite-Aid and got it with a buy-one-get one free deal they were having on Physicians Formula makeup that week. These colors are great and create a polished professional look for every day wear. The color lasts all day on me with no need for touch-ups. I would not use this for a more glamorized look, however for every day classic makeup it's one of the best I've ever found in a drug store. Would definitely buy again!!

What a great matte eyeshadow quad this little gem is! I love it and use it almost everyday, very nice cool toned taupe/gray and the highlighter very natural cream color, they go on pretty well and last all day if worn with a primer, they really remind me of my Urban Decay Naked Basics 2 pallet which I also love and use regularly, for a drugstore brand this is really a great quality quad and I will keep on buying it as well! If you love matte eyeshadow and prefer a natrual look and do not wear frosts/glitter or shimmer due to age I'm 48 so this eyeshadow is a must have! It's an awesome product and worth the price!

on 11/12/2016 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this product twice, and decluttered it twice because I don't understand the hype. The shadows are buttery, but on my skin tone (NC37), they don't do anything for me. Probably a good quad for lighter skin tones. No complaints on the texture or blendabilty, just the color selection.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is one of my Holy Grail products. I use it for a quick, soft and natural eye shadow look, and then use the darker/ash toned gray pan on my eyebrows. It's a little powdery, but I don't mind because it looks so nice once it's on. It blends really easily and is extremely useful because of the colors included.

on 6/29/2016 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

These colours just look so beautiful with my hazel eyes I have not found such a perfect eyeshadow quad that enhances my eye colour and hair colour so beautifully. Staple makeup item!!!!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Great drugstore find that I finagled a way to get for about $1.50 when CVS was having a sale on Physicians Formula. This is a brand I rediscovered after finding my current favorite drugstore highlighter (maybe product altogether- the Custom Shimmer Strips 3-in-1 Palette in Natural Nude) amongst their shelves.

The drugstore does some things very well, but matte eyeshadows are not one of them. Aside from Wet n'Wild's Brûlée and Panther, I honestly can't name any quality ones off the top of my head. This little palette, "Canyon Classic", contains four nice neutral daytime colors that can kick off a subtle natural eye makeup look in a short amount of time.

You have your nice pale beige, two browns (light and medium, rather neutral), and a cool medium-dark gray. Admittedly I'm not a huge fan of gray eye makeup, but it's nice to have a matte gray on hand regardless. The two browns are my main jams- they make excellent transition/crease shades for a number of looks. The pale beige is a dead ringer for WnW's Brûlée, which I already have and love, but it's good to have it in a palette.

These are pigmented, blend very nicely and there was no fallout. I think these could've benefited from my wearing a primer under them, so I will be doing so next time. The pale beige lid color could have been a little more long-wearing, and the packaging a bit more sturdy, but overall these are good quality eyeshadows and the entire palette used together is perfect for everyday "I'm not wearing makeup" makeup.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I had these shadows years ago and loved them. Later on, I could not find them anywhere and just moved on to something else. Finally, I found these at Ulta, but the only ones they had were broken! One day I had to purchase some Dermarest (GREAT eczema lotion!) from Walgreens.com and I found these quads. I bought this one, the Quartz, and the Nudes. They were about $6 each on sale. Finally, matte shadows! I can't find any good mattes in the stores these days and on a tight budget I cannot afford the dept store brands. The Canyon and the Quartz work beautifully, Quartz being more bluish-purplish-pink toned and the Canyon with the blue-gray and light brown/tan/cream shades. The Nudes were not for me- too warm toned and sienna-brown in color, but would be great for a redhead or if you love warm tones. They all blend smoothly, you can use them wet or dry and in many combinations. If I had one wish for them it would be that they were just a bit less dry, but my skin is really dry even on the eyelids, so you may not find this to be an issue. I have green-blue eyes and look better in cool tones and these really make my eyes stand out, esp. when used with black liner. Very wearable and versatile. If you found a good thing twenty five years ago and it still looks great, then why look any further. The tried and true products are always going to be keepers for me!