REVLON ColorStay Makeup (24 hour formula)

REVLON ColorStay Makeup (24 hour formula)
ColorStay Makeup (24 hour formula)ColorStay Makeup (24 hour formula)ColorStay Makeup (24 hour formula)ColorStay Makeup (24 hour formula)ColorStay Makeup (24 hour formula)

3.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Tribehenin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Bisabolol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Alcohol Denat., Alumina, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Methicone, Laureth-7, Magnesium Sulfate, Silica, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylene Brassylate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, PEG-12 Glyceryl Dimyristate, Salicylic Acid, Silk Powder, Sodium Citrate, Dipropylene Glycol, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Serica (Silk), Tetrasodium EDTA, Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

I have pretty good skin so usually can make most foundations work. I bought CS in 150 Buff only because I recently discovered I have olive undertones (game changing revelation! :D), and pale olive foundation shades are hard to come by. Plus, I’m a foundation junkie.
So, the shade matched me decently (it’s not yellow enough for me, I can make it work though), but the formula, oh my! It sits on my skin in such an ugly way, settled into fine lines I didn’t even know I had. It looked like I’ve put on some cheap face paint.
As for long lasting claims... well, it doesn’t last as long as ELDW (but nothing lasts as long as ELDW, right?). The wear time is decent, though I didn’t really care to notice- I was distracted by how unnatural and mask-like my skin looks once I put this foundation on.
I’ve tried it with different primers/ moisturizers/ powders. Each time it emphasized every tiny imperfection, looked cakey- plain ugly.
Also, I have a sneaking suspicion it makes me break out. I’ve noticed the increase of closed comedones, and it’s the only base product I incorporated into my routine recently.
I won’t repurchase and will use it only for swatching purposes.

One of the better drugstore foundations...Medium coverage, doesn't exaggerate pores/lines....will definitely repurchase

on 6/12/2018 3:32:00 PM

While I still use this foundation regularly, I miss the old formula from back in the 1990s and very early 2000s. The coverage WAS better and longer lasting and looked more natural despite being medium to full coverage. I still use this foundation because I find it to be one of the few that don’t break me out, lasts longer than others, and doesn’t transfer.

Colorstay WAS my HG, but I’ve been on the hunt for well over a decade since they changed the formula.(Both high end and drugstore.) Maybe one day Revlon will bring back the original formula, along with a bunch of other great past items like the New Complexion Foundation and loose powder from back in the early 90s!!

on 5/28/2018 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

This foundation has a great satin finish and its very long wearing but I ended up decluttering it because it clogs my pores SO BAD. Gives me whiteheads too. I have the same issues with the Estee Lauder Double wear line. I know this for a fact because I've re-tested it many, many times.

The coverage of this is light to medium. The color selection is sad for people with yellow/olive undertones. In one layer it looks like a natural satin finish. On a second layer it doesn't look as natural.

The ones that don't seem to break me out are Loreal Pro Matte foundation and Clinique Stay matte for reference. FYI I fall around NC 42 and the closest match in Color stay was Golden Caramel, which is a tad too orange on me, but just a tad. The shade before this one looks too light/ashy.

I miss the old formula so much. It was truly fantastic matte and literally was the est long wearing foundation ever. Back in 2005 this was the best foundation. I am so disappointed by this new flex like formula.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My skin: normal to dry, very sensitive, dehydrated.
I've bought Revlon ColorStay Foundation for Normal/Dry skin in shades 240, 220 and 200. None of them is matching me, but a combo of 240 + 200 can give a somehow decent result.
240 is a yellow based shade which is, unfortunately, a little bit too dark for my winter skin, 220 is very pink, 200 is neutral and way too light for me, mixing 240 and 200 gives a decent color, but I can't make it into a perfect match.
Shade aside it looks good once I put it on, but in about ten minutes it becomes powdery. I've tried to apply it with my fingers, with a brush, and a Beautyblender. Somehow Beautyblender gave the worst results. It just doesn't work with a wet tool.
The foundation doesn't need to be set with powder, it stays where I put it and lasts all day long. It doesn't settle into a fine lines or wrinkles. It's the first ever foundation that did not irritate my eyes. It doesn't transfer to my phone. I don't get any shininess in a T-zone while wearing it even with a shiny moisturizer underneath.
Though in several days of wear, it dried out my nose and now it's cracking, it made all the dry parts of my face drier than they were before and my skin starts to flake.
From the personal experience, I think the ColorStay Normal/Dry foundation will work awesome on the Normal skin, but it isn't suitable for dry or dehydrated.

on 1/5/2018 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hi Ladies :)

i find it very difficult to find a foundation that works on my oily skin. i have literally tried EVERYTHING possible. Ive used Nyx, Rimmel , ELDW, L'Oreal, Maybelline, and nothing worked

ELDW worked for a while to control the oils however my forehead and cheeks got very oily at around 11 am and i used a good powder with it, and TBH its quite an expensive foundation. i wanted to try out the Colorstay and bought my supposed match, which was too pink however i could fix the undertone issue :)

i used the foundation and powdered as normal, and guess what? no oiliness what so ever during the day

i did not have to powder or touch up a thing the entire day which i am glad for as i hate carrying powder in my handbag

this has now become my favourite above ELDW and i will definitely repurchase !

i just wish they would make more yellow toned colors to suit everyone's needs

on 10/6/2017 2:09:00 AM

I have combination skin - my T-Zone is very oily and the rest of my face is quite dry. The foundation goes on nicely on the dry areas of my face, but sometimes it will not stay on my nose and on the skin under my under eyes no matter how hard I try. I usually bring out the concealer in this instance and that does the trick but in terms of the "colourstay?" The colour won't even apply!

Apart from this dilemma, it is very good. Would not purchase again because it doesn't cope with oily skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Since when is this a dupe for Double Wear?!
They have absolutely nothing in common. This foundation does not have enough power to stay on the skin without making it greasy within the first 5 hours. It`s nothing more than a product that only sits on your face, covering certain spots and giving you that "I am wearing a ton of foundation today" kind of look. If you`re looking for an efficient and cheap foundation, this is not it. There are other Drugstore brand which do a much better job.
Revlon is just an overrated brand with easily replaceable products and this foundation is a perfect example.

on 8/23/2017 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

ETA: 10/2017 - tried this again - (combo/oily version) and here I am, not even 3 hours of wear - and I had to blot with 3 (!!!!!) blotting sheets to take away my shine already. I even used a primer AND setting powder and applied this with a brush. For oil control, this isn't working for me. I may try without a primer tomorrow - but this prevents shine as long as any other foundation I've tried (Rimmel, NYX, CG, WnW). If NOT using a primer doesn't help the shine (maybe my primer is making me oily?) I debate about repurchase, just because this DOES seem to handle my pores a bit better than other foundations. Not shine control, but pore-filling/blurring for oily, large pores, yes.

ETA: 9.5.2017 - stopped using this because it was so darn hard to completely get off my skin (even with makeup wipes). Just not worth the extra irritation to my skin. Back to HG NYX Total Control foundation.
---------------
I first reviewed this foundation in 3/2017 and had issues with it burning my skin because the Salicylic Acid in it was conflicting with the topical benzoyl peroxide I had on my skin. Trying it out now - it does NOT bother my skin at all.