L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

Magic Skin Beautifier BB CreamMagic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

2.4

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I bought this in Deep from CVS (Why is the color selection so small? It's 2015!) and I was really disappointed.
First, I didn't expect it to have shimmer. Nothing on the packaging implied that it would be shimmery, so I immediately did not care for it, since I prefer my skin to have a matte finish.
Second, for a "deep" shade, it came out really really light. Like, too light. With that the and the shimmer, I thought it was moldy makeup when I first put it on my hand!
Third, when I blended it on my hand, it felt really coarse, but then I read on the back that it has beads, which does not bode well with my sensitive skin. I wasn't going to risk coating my whole face with this.
As a BB Cream, this kind of sucks. BUT! This does work great as a highlighter. I put a little bit on the tops of my cheekbone, and the bridge of my nose. It gives my matte finish just a small hint of a glow if I'm feeling a little sparkley that day. :)
If you're like me and like a matte finish for your face, I'd avoid this. If you want a highlighter to last you an eternity because there's literally 30 milliliters of product, go for it!

on 7/26/2015 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Got this in Deep, which is the only option for brown skin. It comes out white and has to be massaged into skin with fingers. Kinda patchy, but a damp sponge will help. Way too much work to apply this. It works better as a primer.

on 11/14/2014 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this and i like it. I like it for days where i just want to even out my skin tone. I also at times use it as a base before applying my foundation. Its better than other bb creams I've tried, it keeps my blush on all day, it does get a little oily but not too excessive, I do like it and I would recommend it, even if it's just used as a base.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

I've been using this product for over a year and i think it's a pretty good bb cream.

I bought this in the color 'light' which normally i wouldn't buy something light since my skin is brown (Latina, think a tanned Jessica Alba color) but i had received a sample in a magazine in the shade of light and it worked perfectly for me.

The first time i wore this my coworker made a comment that my skin looked luminous. Win! I find it evens out my skin enough to perfect it slightly; i wear concealer on my undereye dark circles on top of the bb cream. Of course being a bb cream it is light coverage, which is perfect for me. I have worn it with both casual day makeup and glam night makeup; it works for both.

My only complaints would be the packaging and the longevity.

When air bubbles get in the tube the product starts pouring out! So much has been wasted that way because way more than i can use comes out.

As for the longevity the product has oxidized and become too orange to use. I wish i could recall how long it took for that to happen.

I will repurchase this, unless i find something even better.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Made me look a bit like Edward Cullen in the sunlight. Hated it

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Okay, so I decided that since it is summertime to jump on the BB cream bandwagon. I've used L'Oreal products in the past and was impressed. I chose to buy this particular BB cream .

I'm going to start with what I liked about it:
1) Unlike other BB creams, this one has color-matching technology which means it comes out white but once applied to the face, it perfectly matches your skin tone and undertones. It sure beats buying those that are supposed to be within your skin range and they end up looking unflattering. FYI, I bought the Deep shade.
2) I have oily skin and I heard that after a few hours, it would turn oily skin into a grease ball. I'm happy to say that it didn't happen to me because it controlled my oil. I did take a few precautions by setting it with translucent powder and setting spray. (Better safe than sorry, right?)
and lastly, 3) I also have acne-prone skin and it didn't break me out at all! In fact, none of L'Oreal's face products have ever made me break out.

Now onto what I didn't like:
1) As I mentioned previously, I have oily skin. As I was applying this product to my face, I noticed that it contained sparkles. The biggest struggle people with oily skin have is shine/oil control. So applying a product with sparkles seems counterproductive to me. It would work with someone with dry skin because it would give their face a nice, dewy glow.
2) This product had no coverage whatsoever. None, nada, zero, nothing!!!!!!!!! I know that BB creams in general don't have as much as say foundation, but I was hoping it would deliver just a little for me. Alas, it didn't do it for me. My acne scars still showed through and I had to use concealer on top of it. I was hoping it would at least make them look not as noticeable but you could see them anyway. I think if you don't have as many blemishes as I do, go for it.

In closing, I felt like this product was pointless to use because I still had to use another product to get my skin to look as flawless as possinle So if you have dry skin and/or nearly flawless skin, I say go for it. However, if you have oily skin and don't like sparkles or you have a lot of blemishes to cover, stay as far away from this product as possible!!!

on 6/15/2013 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

So I bought this a few weeks ago, really excited for this to be my "go-to summer foundation", this has by far been the worst bb cream I've ever bought. It's supposed to "form to your perfect color" or whatever, when I put this on it gave me absolutely no coverage what so ever! I see it work so perfectly for people on YouTube, the color actually develops, there's some coverage but with me it just covered my face in sparkles. Perhaps I'm applying it incorrectly but this is definitely a garbage product for me.