L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream
Magic Skin Beautifier BB CreamMagic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

3.5

on 8/16/2016 5:34:00 PM

I love this bb cream, it has a smooth light feel to it and light coverage for your face
it starts out white but as you blend it into your skin it bends into your skin and gives a nice glow! like it a lot!

on 4/11/2016 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I LOVE THIS BB CREAM!
It makes my skin look flawless & soft.
I love how it comes out white but then matches your skin tone like magic lol.
I actually stopped using foundation because of this product! I'm absolutely in love with it!

on 3/16/2016 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I use this in Fair daily for a foundation. It evens out my skin tone, and doesn't look heavy. Love this!

on 2/20/2016 12:08:00 AM

I got a foil packet sample of this from somewhere and really liked it. It comes out white with shade matching beads. However when I went to buy the full size at the drugstore and applied it. I absolutely hated it. I got fair and it was way too orange for me. Ended up giving it away to my friend.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Wow I am pretty much on my own with this one. It does run dark. First, I bought light because I am NC20-NC25. It was way orange so I exchanged it for fair. It's perfect. It covers my imperfections very well and makes my pores almost invisible. It's very matte on me. I see NO shimmer. Blends quickly and easily. I go over it with pur minerals and my skin looks better than it ever has! Actually fuller coverage than I initially wanted but now I'm in love.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

It needs to be said that this is amazing. I. Love. This. Stuff.

My little sister used to wear it in high school and swore by it, but my skin, with its acne, oily and red goodness, was not having anything to do with light coverage. Sadly, not much has changed skin-wise.

For reference, I'm NC15, oily, acne-prone, scars and redness.

I began using this as a primer under my foundation. It added a touch of radiance, calmed down any redness so that it wouldn't peek through my foundation, and kept my makeup on. Sweet deal. As a bb creme, I have to say it is wonderful. Light coverage but you really see a difference once you put it on. It's kind of like a "my skin but better," with no trace of makeup whatsoever. I simply set it and go.

I don't know how the other shades work, but light matches me fine because of the whiteness which turns to my shade with "color matching microbeads." The ingredients are far from natural, I can't pronounce anything on the back, and I have heard microbeads are bad for the skin. No breakouts yet, but it's something to watch out for.

The price is a little steep for drugstore. It's $17.00 at my local Shoppers. Not crazy, but it still irks me a bit since it's literally just a light base.

The packaging is sturdy. A simple squeeze tube, so it's also hygienic. Getting product out when it's almost finished is a breeze.

Overall, 4/5 because of the price and the wary ingredients. Everything else is great!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

First time using a BB cream. I often tend to come late to the party, what can I say? ;-)
Being this is my first bb cream, I am kind of truly new to all of this, so I will just give my thoughts on the performance, feel, etc..as I cannot compare it to other bb creams..So I will just detail my overall experience.

This did basically nothing as far as covering blemishes (which I did not and do not expect a bb cream to really cover blemishes anyway). I got this in the shade light and to my surprise it comes out of the tube stark-white (again, I am new to the bb cream world, so I was fazed by this for just a sec then realized the product is more about how it makes the skin feel versus how it looks). Definitely lightweight, as expected. It did/does make my skin feel soft, so that is nice! It also seems to blur my pores..?

I did not use any moisturizer nor any primer nor any other face product prior to or after applying this, as I wanted to test this in it's full actual performance, not aided by nor deterred by other products.

I do not detect a scent with this, and it does not irritate my skin, which was a bit of a concern, as my skin can be sensitive. Did not make me break out or itch or anything.

However, it made my skin look..ruddy/muddy looking..? I can't describe it..I want to say it almost gave my skin a green cast (??) but I do not see how that is possible..? But it definitely left my skin looking an odd shade/tone, for whatever reason. I almost felt like I had alien skin (sorry I really do not know how else to describe it, and that is how I felt when I first applied it). HOWEVER, it seemed to settle down on that muddiness/green tone after about 15 minutes or so. Still, it definitely left my skin a tone I am not used to, again, just an odd tone that I am not used to.

One bonus for me is I get no transfer with this, as expected with a bb cream. It is nice to change clothes or use a tissue (thanks summertime allergies) and not see a transfer of makeup. So, while that was expected, it is very nice.

Very lightweight, obviously, which is why I purchased it for summer.

Overall, I would re-purchase. While it does make my skin a bit of a different tone than I am used to (again, not bad once it 'settles'), the pros for me outweigh the cons.

PROS:
Lightweight and does not feel heavy
Skin feels soft, smooth, supple and even moisturized with this (again, nothing else worn when testing this)
Does not conceal blemishes but does even skin tone out nicely and quite evenly
No transfer to clothing
If I sweat, I do not have to worry about makeup streaking
Actually seems to blur pores somewhat
Actually lasted longer than I expected during the day
Did not break down as the day went on

CONS:
No coverage at all (I had blemishes while testing this)
Gives skin a slightly different tone than I am used to

Obviously, looking at the whole picture, this pretty much performs as expected for a bb cream. Slightly not happy about the tone/cast it gives my skin, but I can overlook that for the few short weeks I may wear this during the summer, and the tone once it settles is not bad. Great for wearing on weekends or lounging around the house or when company calls and comes over at the last minute and you do not want to do full-face makeup but still want 'something'. Also great for things like trips to the zoo in the summer, things like that, where you might not want or need a full-face, heavy-duty makeup, but still want to look 'presentable'...if you know what I mean....

Would re-purchase.
It does not knock my socks off, but it does pretty much what was expected.
I can live with the slightly different skin tone it gives me when compared to the pluses of this product. Not interested in trying other bb creams, as I mentioned, my skin can be sensitive, and at least this one works nicely enough and pretty much does what expected/anticipated. And hey a different skin tone can be......interesting!! ;-)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

My skin- very oily, shiny within an hour after washing if bare skinned. Uneven, somewhat pink on the nose and cheeks. Larger pores on the center of my cheeks only. I grew up with super bad acne but has calmed now in my late 20s. So, this stuff is my favorite cover up type product. I've been using it for id guess about five years now. I'm not a fan of regular foundation as they appear unnatural and cakey, so this is a better choice and I love it. It works very well to even the tone of my skin and covers up blemishes fairly well. I'm not a fan of concealer, the less steps, the better. I use the fair shade which is just slightly too dark for me in the winter. My favorite thing about this is how well it controls oil. I once missed a small spot on my nose and later in the day I could see the small beads of oil there but the rest of the nose looked matte. It's not at all moisturizing. I use neutrogena combo skin lotion first, this bb cream, and usually a powder foundation. I find this stuff has good staying power, holds up for about eight hours. The tube lasts me about four months with daily use. Because of the beads, when you blend it into your skin it has a slight exfoliating effect. My skin actually started to improve in condition when I used this. For me, this stuff is a great price and my favorite!

on 3/29/2015 2:34:00 AM

First, let me start by commenting on the sheer stupidity of the beads in this product. They are a total gimmick and add literally no value to it at all -- why not just have the product show its end color to begin with? Other than that, I like the color (I use fair), and the coverage. It blends nicely (probably because you have to break the beads up), but I wish it had spf and was cruelty-free.

on 1/23/2015 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I really like this BB Creme for days where I wear a tiny bit of makeup. The fairest shade is actually light enough for my pale skin. I apply a thin layer of this to my face, and I barely notice anything. But what I do notice is my pores look a little smaller, my skin looks a little smoother and slightly less red.

I could add more product for more results, but I love this BB creme because I can apply it without a mirror and it takes such little time to blend. It's kind of mistake proof.

It has a nice smooth finish - not too shiny or too matte. I don't need to add powder or worry about touching up. I can apply it and forget it.