EltaMD UV Sport Broad Spectrum SPF 50

Elta Md Sunscreen

3.7

on 3/16/2019 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Ignoring the fact that my skin immediately turned red and irritated from the Octinoxate in this, it was everything I hate about Western sunscreen: heavy, greasy, never sunk in, and the scent made me kinda of gaggy. I had high hopes for this after reading so many glowing reviews, but it absolutely did not work for my dry, sensitive skin. Thank God I got samples before purchasing a full size.

on 8/17/2017 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I bought my first tube three years ago on the recommendation of my running coach, when I complained to her that my current sunscreen was reappearing during my half marathon training and giving me ghosty face as I ran. Not a great look. Since then, UV sport has become my go to sunscreen for sweaty workouts. Previously, I had been using a physical sunscreen on my face. This contains both chemical and physical sunscreen ingredients, but I'm not going to freak out about it because I have yet to find a physical sunscreen that doesn't reappear when I sweat.

UV sport is a fantastic product, especially if you have dry skin. It blends like a dream, doesn't leave a white cast, and does double duty as a moisturizer and a sunscreen. It doesn't break me out and I love that it's fragrance free. It also works great with my makeup and is the only sunscreen I take with me when I travel. The only con is that it might be a bit too moisturizing if you lean oily. These days, I use Elta MD's aero spray when I got to the pool, the tinted physical sunscreen for day to day, and UV sport for workouts. I'm a bit of a sunscreen junkie so I'll probably switch up my daily sunscreen eventually, but I'm sticking to this stuff for sweaty workouts.

on 9/7/2015 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I'm a sunscreen junkie who tans easily and looks for products that contain both UVA and UVB protection and don't irritate my sensitive skin. This was an okay product. Pros: High percentage of zinc (UVA protection); smooth texture that blends in easily; no white cast; no irritation; little to no scent; seems to do its job. Cons: Slightly greasy residue. I'd probably recommend this product for someone in an arid climate where the greasiness would be a more positive attribute; in humid areas, it's a bit unpleasant.

on 3/12/2014 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Leaves a little more white cast than the SPF 40, which was unexpected since the % of zinc is the same. This is a bit stickier and probably helped cause a small breakout after using it over a weekend of swimming. Reliable protection though, no burn after a full day in the tropical sun, only one application! Probably not going to be used anymore on my face any more, but I'll buy the 8oz pump for body use this summer.

on 5/14/2013 3:14:00 PM

I got an 8 oz pump container last year and used it all summer as a body lotion on exposed parts. Works great. Got another a couple of weeks ago so I'm set for this summer!

Too thick and greasy for me, albeit no white cast. It's still a chemical sunscreen though, so makes sense there isn't a white cast.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is pretty good but I only gave it 4 lippies because it's expensive and just a teensy bit greasy. Not nearly as bad as most sunscreens but not totally matte like Shiseido. I'll probably go back to Shiseido, but this is a great runner-up for oily skin types.

Things I like:
1. No irritation - no stingy/burning sensation at all.
2. Does not get into eyes and burn even if you put this on your eyelids!
3. High SPF.
4. Rave reviews from my derm, magazines and amazon.
5. Does not clog my pores or break me out.
6. Sinks in pretty quick.
7. No white cast.
8. Stays put, very water resistant and great for being active outdoors.

Things I don't like:
1. Sinks in 99% but leaves me just slightly tacky.
2. Price.