Garnier Sleek and Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil Treatment

Garnier Sleek and Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil Treatment
image 1image 2image 3image 4

4.5

Cyclopentiasiloxane, dimethiconol, parfum/fragrance, argania spinosa oil/argania spinosa kernel oil, prunus armeniaca kernel oil/ apricot kernel oil, linalool, hexyl cinnamal, citronellol, limonene, benzyl alcohol, geraniol, carrot oil/beta-carotene F.LL D53305/1

on 5/27/2016 10:31:00 PM

I'd been using the Biolage Exquisite Oil for the ends of my long hair for the last couple years because someone generously bought it for me. I really liked that the oil added shine and moisture without making my hair greasy, dirty or weighed-down. Once it ran out, I couldn't justify shelling out for it with all the more affordable hair oils that had come out since the initial oil boom and so picked this up as an alternate. I'm very happy with it. It has a pleasant, neutral scent and a thin formula that doesn't weigh hair down or make it feel or look dirty. It adds moisture and a little bit if shine to my ends but is lightweight enough for me to forget that it's there. This $5 bottle of oil will last awhile because a little bit goes a long way and it works just as well as the more expensive hair oils. Definitely recommend it.

This is good stuff. I have very damaged hair that I dye light blonde at home. It tends to require a lot of strong conditioner and leave-in products to look adequate.
I only started blow drying my hair on the regular about half a year ago. For most of this time I was using the Garnier Moroccan Sleek Oil along with Alba Botanica Very Emollient Leave In Conditioner and Tresemme Split Remedy. I honestly didn't think that much about the Garnier (just got it because of the reviews) and thought the Alba leave-in was doing the heavy lifting, until I recently ran out of the leave-in. I was worried that my hair would be a fuzzy mess without it. Last night after washing my hair, I blow dried using only the Garnier and no other styling products. I was amazed that my hair still felt extremely silky and smooth, actually better and not as weighed down as when I was using the Alba leave-in as well. At work today, like a freak I could not stop touching my hair. It even looks a little bit shiny, which if you have very damaged hair you are well aware that this is hard to achieve.
I do think the Tresemme Split Remedy is a worthwhile addition - my ends look a little more parched than when I used the Garnier and Tresemme stuff in tandem. But I could definitely get away with only using the Garnier oil from now on.
Moral of the story: don't start using multiple products at once. Introduce them one at a time and probably try them in isolation to see if they're actually doing anything, or maybe even making things worse. Other moral of the story: this product is very cheap and does its job even if your hair is completely fried. I've purchased a backup bottle.

To Read all 189 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this in the shower & add it to my Kenra Deep Conditioner for added conditioning & to my cheap Tresseme Conditioner to further soften my legs when I shave. Every now & then I'll use this as a finisher when I style my hair to control frizz. Never leaves anything feeling oily, just soft & beautiful.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this on a whim. It does make my hair soft but it does nothing for the tangles which doesn't surprise me because oils usually don't. It is a good product though. I bought it because my hair gets puffy when it's humid. So it does do what it says it does. The product does come out of the container pretty quickly so be aware of that. There is one thing that is like to warn you about though. This product smells like really overbearing old lady perfume. If you get head aches from smell I would not recommend it. THE SMELL CAUSES HEADACHES.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Love this! I have very dry, colour treated, coarse Asian Hair and this product has made my hair soft and shiny! I find this product gives me nearly the same results as my Biosilk serum for the fraction of the cost. Although the Biosilk softens my coarse hair slightly more. The difference is not drastic enough for me to pick the Biosilk over this. Since this is so cheap I don't mind being generous with application. Keep in mind, I have very long, thick and coarse hair so if I'm generous with application it doesn't weigh my hair down. I would advise fine hair ladies to use a tiny bit. The only issue I have with this product is the packaging. Its pretty easy to squirt out too much. I would recommend this for women that are looking for a cheaper alternative to Biosilk serum!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love this oil and hope it never gets discontinued! My hair tends to get frizzy and dry along the lengths of it, and this is such a lifesaver. I use it at night, and in the morning on days where I don't shampoo (I wash my hair every other day and use dry shampoo on alternate days-roots only). A little goes a LONG way, and it makes my hair so soft. HG product!

on 2/5/2016 12:31:00 AM

I`ve made this purchase thanks to you, MUA ladies, and I owe you one for that. This oil really is pretty amazing considering the price, the performance, the ingredient list. I mean, it actually made my hair look just as good as my Morrocanoil Argan oil does, and it costs a fraction of the price!!! I even like the smell of this better than Morrocanoil. What a nice little find!

on 1/5/2016 5:53:00 PM

I can't say enough about how wonderful this product is! I've been using some sort of oil in my hair for the last 9 years or so to help protect against heat damage, sun damage, and just to give a little extra shine.
I've gone through many different oils, serums, sprays, and leave in conditioners. I've spent anywhere between $5 - $95.
Granier SLEEK & SHINE is literally the best and cheapest around. I mean, if it were $95 I'd still buy it!
It leaves your hair feeling silky and smooth with a beautiful shine without weighing your hair down. It extends my haircuts by at minimum a month (due to split-ends). And, it smells nice. I'm always getting compliments on just how silky and shiny my hair is.
This is THE BEST oil on the market!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love this serum because it tames frizz, and absorbs fully into the hair. It is possible for this to make you hair look greasy, but I found this serum to absorb very well. Tames frizz and protects ends like a charm. I've used this for months and it worked. At that time I was not using a clarifying shampoo, and it did build up--so definitely clarify your hair once in a while if you're using this. I also really liked using this when I didn't want to spend the cash on the chi serum, this is a great dupe for many higher end serums. It doesn't add as much shine, but the frizz control and softness is amazing.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I really love this. I'm a huge Moroccan Oil fan and have used another similar oil that I loved just as much from Dermorganics. This is supposed to be a similar product but I actually find it to be a little different yet I love it just as much. In my opinion, this more of a serum than an oil. Still an oil but leaning more serum-like than oil-like because I don't really find that using this when my hair is wet or damp does much. I prefer to use this when my hair is completely dry before styling. Whereas I used Moroccan Oil when my hair was wet but didn't like using it in my dry hair (it's more oil-like). Makes straightening easier and makes it look much more professional and sleek. This gives my hair a lot of shine without being greasy, smooths and softens my hair and overall just makes my hair look and feel so much healthier without weighing it down at all. I have quite thick, somewhat course hair and this absorbs so nicely. Texture is neither too thick or thin. The smell is divine, it's quite sweet yet exotic and slightly floral and the scent stays for a pretty decent amount of time. This product has changed the way my hair looks and feels and I think I'm just going to be purchasing this from now on instead of Moroccan Oil.

Popular Hair Treatments