Garnier Sleek and Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil Treatment

Garnier Sleek and Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil Treatment
Garnier Fructis Sleek & ShineSleek and Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil TreatmentSleek and Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil TreatmentSleek and Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil TreatmentSleek and Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil Treatment

4.5

Cyclopentiasiloxane, dimethiconol, parfum/fragrance, argania spinosa oil/argania spinosa kernel oil, prunus armeniaca kernel oil/ apricot kernel oil, linalool, hexyl cinnamal, citronellol, limonene, benzyl alcohol, geraniol, carrot oil/beta-carotene F.LL D53305/1

on 8/27/2018 12:58:00 PM

Longtime user of the Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Serum, thought I'd change it up. Leaves my hair very soft and shiny, easy to style. Wasn't sure about the fragrance at first but once it's in my hair it smells very nice. Bottle tends to get a bit oily but not a huge deal. Will repurchase.

on 5/18/2018 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I love this product for weightless control, but I hate the packaging. It’s hard to get a small amount out

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My hair is slowly recovering from one hell of a bleach job I put it through last summer. I also started the Keto diet about a six months ago and noticed my hair has thinned temporarily.

I have fine, straight hair and have trimmed off the bleach damage. It tends to be frizzy and poofy, but my loss of volume made me need to look for a new frizz serum. Biosilk weights it down now.

I've tried just about every high-end and low-end frizz serum out there, and wasn't impressed with OGX, Matrix, FrizzEase, Paul Mitchell or all the others. Either too expensive, or made my hair look dirty and greasy. I settled on BioSilk, but the price still miffed me.

I gave this a try, since the hair mask I recently purchased from Garnier was a hit for me. I also no longer heat style my hair, so I use this on damp, freshly shampooed hair. I was surprised! At $7 a bottle, it's absolutely perfect.

First off, the smell is delightful. Not fruity but clean and not overpowering. Second, the oil goes on looking heavy, but after a few minutes your hair drinks it up, quite literally! It looks weightless and shiny. Gives my hair a beautiful slip without weighing it down. I can even use it on dry hair at my roots to tame fly aways and it hasn't cause me to need to shampoo more often. I've also noticed my hair tangling has pretty much stopped, and I can retain a style overnight.

My only complaint is that it comes out of the bottle very fast, but I've used quite a bit on my ends, and its never made them look dirty. I think I'll be repurchasing!

on 11/30/2017 12:58:00 AM

Love love love this stuff. My hair is naturally curly / wavy and frizzy if I don't use product. This is the one product I keep going back to. I've been using it for probably 2 years now? I love it. It smells good and smoothes my ends and flyaways. I put it in when my hair's wet then blowdry. Works great every time and helps keep my hair smooth and soft.

on 11/5/2017 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I've had this oil for FIVE years and I am just now getting around to review it. Not sure what else I can say except echo the praises of this little gem of an oil. This was pretty cheap when I bought it, and I've started using it more and more lately but I only need a little bit (quarter size) to cover my ends that reach about two inches below the band of my bra (in short, I won't be running out of this anytime soon). Anyways, this stuff smells light and slightly woody, kinda like Moroccan Oil but a little bit sweeter. The consistency is about normal for a hair oil, not super runny but not thick. As always, I have to make sure I don't put too much of this in the palm of my hand or else my hair will turn super stringy. Once my hair dries it is so soft, but not too soft to where it slips when I try and put it up. Overall, a very nice (and cheap) find for a drugstore hair oil!

This is a really amazing hair serum for a pretty affordable price. I also own the Leek & Shine Anti-Frizz Serum and they equally well, just packaged and smell differently.

I found that the best way (for me) to use this serum is to use a dime sized product, spread it over my palms, and spread/massage it evenly through my half dried hair and gen proceed to finish drying my hair. I quite enjoy the scent as well - it is quite a bit richer and woodier/muskief than the Anti-Frizz serum but I honestly do not mind it at all. My hair feels so soft, moisturizer and tangle-free and I cannot stop running my fingers through it!

I know some people complain about the packaging making this a messy product. I personally do not experience this problem at all. The serum is thick enough to be runny and I find it very easy to control the amount I use.

Definitely a winner for me. Will repurchase and recommend.

OMG yes!!! I love this product!! I am on my 3rd or 4th bottle of it. I have been using it for a while now but it really helped my hair when I bleached it. I have bleached my hair before and it did not do as much damage to my hair. Earlier this year, I went to my stylist and she used a 50vol on my hair to ombre my ends. I had been using box dye in various chocolate cherry colors for a couple of years. The 50vol lightened it a little but it was nowhere near the blonde I wanted. So a couple months later, I decided to bleach my hair. I've done it before, I can do it again, right? Well, I forgot that the first time I did it, I used a 30vol to bleach. My stylist had used a 50vol on my hair and said that my hair wasn't damaged at all and she could have used a 60vol. So I figured, I can use a 40vol to bleach my hair. Big mistake. It wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't put my hair in a low bun while bleaching as this caused my hair to get really hot. It was so hot, I could barely take the hair tie out of my hair without feeling like I was going to burn my fingers! I guess you're not supposed to do that. I know that now but my hair suffered for it and because very damaged and gummy in the areas where my hair got really hot. The rest of my hair was fine but still very dry from the 40vol. I have used many products to help restore my hair: Infusium 23 leave in conditioner, multiple hair masks, Aphogee Protein treatments, olive oil, coconut oil, the list goes on. But I really feel like this product is what has made a huge difference. I use this after I wash my hair, when I braid my hair (I'm not using heat on my hair so to look like I actually styled it, I'll braid it and sleep with the braids to give my hair waves the next day), and use it on my hair when it's dry. My hair feels so much softer than it did and is not as frizzy. I do still have some areas of gumminess when my hair is wet but it is a lot better than it was and my hair looks so soft when it is dry now because of this. I now go through about a bottle a month but for the 7 or 8 dollars that it costs and the help that it has done, I will gladly continue to buy it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Update (7/22/2017): After my sense of scent changed, I liked the fragrance of the oil better. It's not bad. I think the oil treatment helps a little, but my hair is very dry so I need a stronger treatment. It's a good product. I think it's more suited for people whose hair is not as dry as mine.
- - - - - -
I would have given this a higher rating if I liked the scent. I dislike this scent and even after a while, I can smell a slight trace of it. It's cheap and it does make my hair feel softer. My hair is quite dry so it helps to apply lots of it before drying my hair. I'm not crazy about the dispenser. It seems to pour out too much at a time.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

CONS:
1. Packaging hands down. If you are like me, i.e. generally over caffeinated and unintentionally careless, if you do not secure the lid with iron clad force and the bottlr tips, that shit is everywhere. You think this is NBD and youre immune from such amateur mistake? Ha, is what i say to you.
2. I dont feel like it heat protects nor do i think it claims to. I literally have no idea what this oil actually claims to do..i am ill prepared
3. No scent. I like nice smelling hair..this does not do that
5. Cannot. Not. Apply to day 2 hair.

PROS:
1. Hair is shiny AF.
2. My hair is mostly damaged tragedy and i can use alot of this without looking like a grease moneky. So long as its Day 1
3. Makes hair look healthier
4. No frizz
5. Inexpensive (5$ at WM) and works better than pricier products.

I use on damp hair before blowing out.
Havent found anything better, not for lack of trying though

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This argan oil does wonders for your hair as long as you use it sparingly. Lemme list out some of my pros and cons, and for reference I'm Asian but I have an ombre thing going on too, so my hair is fairly damaged from being bleached..

Pros: feels light, smells nice, is really cheap. One way I know of a product is good is if it make a my hair easy to brush through. My hair is super tangled and always difficult to brush through, but this makes my hair smooth and soft for up to 3 days!

Cons: the bottle is super messy and gets greasy and I'd rather have it in a spray bottle. The body shop sells a great argan oil in spray form.

Another con is that this isn't pure argan oil or even close to pure so there's alot of chemicals and additives. I typically try to use more natural purer oils, but if that doesnt bug you than in general this works really nicely