Garnier Sleek and Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil Treatment

Garnier Sleek and Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil Treatment
Garnier Fructis Sleek & ShineSleek and Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil TreatmentSleek and Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil TreatmentSleek and Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil TreatmentSleek and Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil Treatment

4.5

Cyclopentiasiloxane, dimethiconol, parfum/fragrance, argania spinosa oil/argania spinosa kernel oil, prunus armeniaca kernel oil/ apricot kernel oil, linalool, hexyl cinnamal, citronellol, limonene, benzyl alcohol, geraniol, carrot oil/beta-carotene F.LL D53305/1

This is a really amazing hair serum for a pretty affordable price. I also own the Leek & Shine Anti-Frizz Serum and they equally well, just packaged and smell differently.

I found that the best way (for me) to use this serum is to use a dime sized product, spread it over my palms, and spread/massage it evenly through my half dried hair and gen proceed to finish drying my hair. I quite enjoy the scent as well - it is quite a bit richer and woodier/muskief than the Anti-Frizz serum but I honestly do not mind it at all. My hair feels so soft, moisturizer and tangle-free and I cannot stop running my fingers through it!

I know some people complain about the packaging making this a messy product. I personally do not experience this problem at all. The serum is thick enough to be runny and I find it very easy to control the amount I use.

Definitely a winner for me. Will repurchase and recommend.

OMG yes!!! I love this product!! I am on my 3rd or 4th bottle of it. I have been using it for a while now but it really helped my hair when I bleached it. I have bleached my hair before and it did not do as much damage to my hair. Earlier this year, I went to my stylist and she used a 50vol on my hair to ombre my ends. I had been using box dye in various chocolate cherry colors for a couple of years. The 50vol lightened it a little but it was nowhere near the blonde I wanted. So a couple months later, I decided to bleach my hair. I've done it before, I can do it again, right? Well, I forgot that the first time I did it, I used a 30vol to bleach. My stylist had used a 50vol on my hair and said that my hair wasn't damaged at all and she could have used a 60vol. So I figured, I can use a 40vol to bleach my hair. Big mistake. It wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't put my hair in a low bun while bleaching as this caused my hair to get really hot. It was so hot, I could barely take the hair tie out of my hair without feeling like I was going to burn my fingers! I guess you're not supposed to do that. I know that now but my hair suffered for it and because very damaged and gummy in the areas where my hair got really hot. The rest of my hair was fine but still very dry from the 40vol. I have used many products to help restore my hair: Infusium 23 leave in conditioner, multiple hair masks, Aphogee Protein treatments, olive oil, coconut oil, the list goes on. But I really feel like this product is what has made a huge difference. I use this after I wash my hair, when I braid my hair (I'm not using heat on my hair so to look like I actually styled it, I'll braid it and sleep with the braids to give my hair waves the next day), and use it on my hair when it's dry. My hair feels so much softer than it did and is not as frizzy. I do still have some areas of gumminess when my hair is wet but it is a lot better than it was and my hair looks so soft when it is dry now because of this. I now go through about a bottle a month but for the 7 or 8 dollars that it costs and the help that it has done, I will gladly continue to buy it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Update (7/22/2017): After my sense of scent changed, I liked the fragrance of the oil better. It's not bad. I think the oil treatment helps a little, but my hair is very dry so I need a stronger treatment. It's a good product. I think it's more suited for people whose hair is not as dry as mine.
- - - - - -
I would have given this a higher rating if I liked the scent. I dislike this scent and even after a while, I can smell a slight trace of it. It's cheap and it does make my hair feel softer. My hair is quite dry so it helps to apply lots of it before drying my hair. I'm not crazy about the dispenser. It seems to pour out too much at a time.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This argan oil does wonders for your hair as long as you use it sparingly. Lemme list out some of my pros and cons, and for reference I'm Asian but I have an ombre thing going on too, so my hair is fairly damaged from being bleached..

Pros: feels light, smells nice, is really cheap. One way I know of a product is good is if it make a my hair easy to brush through. My hair is super tangled and always difficult to brush through, but this makes my hair smooth and soft for up to 3 days!

Cons: the bottle is super messy and gets greasy and I'd rather have it in a spray bottle. The body shop sells a great argan oil in spray form.

Another con is that this isn't pure argan oil or even close to pure so there's alot of chemicals and additives. I typically try to use more natural purer oils, but if that doesnt bug you than in general this works really nicely

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

CONS:
1. Packaging hands down. If you are like me, i.e. generally over caffeinated and unintentionally careless, if you do not secure the lid with iron clad force and the bottlr tips, that shit is everywhere. You think this is NBD and youre immune from such amateur mistake? Ha, is what i say to you.
2. I dont feel like it heat protects nor do i think it claims to. I literally have no idea what this oil actually claims to do..i am ill prepared
3. No scent. I like nice smelling hair..this does not do that
5. Cannot. Not. Apply to day 2 hair.

PROS:
1. Hair is shiny AF.
2. My hair is mostly damaged tragedy and i can use alot of this without looking like a grease moneky. So long as its Day 1
3. Makes hair look healthier
4. No frizz
5. Inexpensive (5$ at WM) and works better than pricier products.

I use on damp hair before blowing out.
Havent found anything better, not for lack of trying though

on 12/25/2016 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is a good hair oil...It doesn't leave my hair oily...It really does a good job on my dry ends and the sides of my hair where my fine hairs seem so dry....I use it daily right now.

on 11/21/2016 9:16:00 PM

So far so good. I have dry, damaged fine hair so can't use any heavy smoothing products. Coconut oil is great as a mask pre-wash but this Argan Oil product smooths without weight. I even put some in dog's hair and it worked very well.

This is good stuff. I have very damaged hair that I dye light blonde at home. It tends to require a lot of strong conditioner and leave-in products to look adequate.
I only started blow drying my hair on the regular about half a year ago. For most of this time I was using the Garnier Moroccan Sleek Oil along with Alba Botanica Very Emollient Leave In Conditioner and Tresemme Split Remedy. I honestly didn't think that much about the Garnier (just got it because of the reviews) and thought the Alba leave-in was doing the heavy lifting, until I recently ran out of the leave-in. I was worried that my hair would be a fuzzy mess without it. Last night after washing my hair, I blow dried using only the Garnier and no other styling products. I was amazed that my hair still felt extremely silky and smooth, actually better and not as weighed down as when I was using the Alba leave-in as well. At work today, like a freak I could not stop touching my hair. It even looks a little bit shiny, which if you have very damaged hair you are well aware that this is hard to achieve.
I do think the Tresemme Split Remedy is a worthwhile addition - my ends look a little more parched than when I used the Garnier and Tresemme stuff in tandem. But I could definitely get away with only using the Garnier oil from now on.
Moral of the story: don't start using multiple products at once. Introduce them one at a time and probably try them in isolation to see if they're actually doing anything, or maybe even making things worse. Other moral of the story: this product is very cheap and does its job even if your hair is completely fried. I've purchased a backup bottle.

on 5/27/2016 10:31:00 PM

I'd been using the Biolage Exquisite Oil for the ends of my long hair for the last couple years because someone generously bought it for me. I really liked that the oil added shine and moisture without making my hair greasy, dirty or weighed-down. Once it ran out, I couldn't justify shelling out for it with all the more affordable hair oils that had come out since the initial oil boom and so picked this up as an alternate. I'm very happy with it. It has a pleasant, neutral scent and a thin formula that doesn't weigh hair down or make it feel or look dirty. It adds moisture and a little bit if shine to my ends but is lightweight enough for me to forget that it's there. This $5 bottle of oil will last awhile because a little bit goes a long way and it works just as well as the more expensive hair oils. Definitely recommend it.

on 11/19/2016 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I absolutely love this stuff! I have only used it once but with great results. What I did was add it to my hair after I coated it with a deep conditioner. My hair was so easy to detangle, TONS OF SLIP, and it was so silky with a healthy sheen after it dried, I have never had this result with any at-home deep conditoning product. I have to give all the credit to Garnier Morroccan oil. This and the Marvelous oil are wonderful products. The health and appearance of my hair has dramatically changed since I started switching up these products in my routine. I'm a very happy girl.