Garnier Sleek and Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil Treatment

Garnier Sleek and Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil Treatment
Garnier Fructis Sleek & ShineSleek and Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil TreatmentSleek and Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil TreatmentSleek and Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil TreatmentSleek and Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil Treatment

4.5

Cyclopentiasiloxane, dimethiconol, parfum/fragrance, argania spinosa oil/argania spinosa kernel oil, prunus armeniaca kernel oil/ apricot kernel oil, linalool, hexyl cinnamal, citronellol, limonene, benzyl alcohol, geraniol, carrot oil/beta-carotene F.LL D53305/1

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I would have given this a higher rating if I liked the scent. I dislike this scent and even after a while, I can smell a slight trace of it. It's cheap and it does make my hair feel softer. My hair is quite dry so it helps to apply lots of it before drying my hair. I'm not crazy about the dispenser. It seems to pour out too much at a time.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

CONS:
1. Packaging hands down. If you are like me, i.e. generally over caffeinated and unintentionally careless, if you do not secure the lid with iron clad force and the bottlr tips, that shit is everywhere. You think this is NBD and youre immune from such amateur mistake? Ha, is what i say to you.
2. I dont feel like it heat protects nor do i think it claims to. I literally have no idea what this oil actually claims to do..i am ill prepared
3. No scent. I like nice smelling hair..this does not do that
5. Cannot. Not. Apply to day 2 hair.

PROS:
1. Hair is shiny AF.
2. My hair is mostly damaged tragedy and i can use alot of this without looking like a grease moneky. So long as its Day 1
3. Makes hair look healthier
4. No frizz
5. Inexpensive (5$ at WM) and works better than pricier products.

I use on damp hair before blowing out.
Havent found anything better, not for lack of trying though

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This argan oil does wonders for your hair as long as you use it sparingly. Lemme list out some of my pros and cons, and for reference I'm Asian but I have an ombre thing going on too, so my hair is fairly damaged from being bleached..

Pros: feels light, smells nice, is really cheap. One way I know of a product is good is if it make a my hair easy to brush through. My hair is super tangled and always difficult to brush through, but this makes my hair smooth and soft for up to 3 days!

Cons: the bottle is super messy and gets greasy and I'd rather have it in a spray bottle. The body shop sells a great argan oil in spray form.

Another con is that this isn't pure argan oil or even close to pure so there's alot of chemicals and additives. I typically try to use more natural purer oils, but if that doesnt bug you than in general this works really nicely

on 12/25/2016 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is a good hair oil...It doesn't leave my hair oily...It really does a good job on my dry ends and the sides of my hair where my fine hairs seem so dry....I use it daily right now.

on 11/21/2016 9:16:00 PM

So far so good. I have dry, damaged fine hair so can't use any heavy smoothing products. Coconut oil is great as a mask pre-wash but this Argan Oil product smooths without weight. I even put some in dog's hair and it worked very well.

on 11/19/2016 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I absolutely love this stuff! I have only used it once but with great results. What I did was add it to my hair after I coated it with a deep conditioner. My hair was so easy to detangle, TONS OF SLIP, and it was so silky with a healthy sheen after it dried, I have never had this result with any at-home deep conditoning product. I have to give all the credit to Garnier Morroccan oil. This and the Marvelous oil are wonderful products. The health and appearance of my hair has dramatically changed since I started switching up these products in my routine. I'm a very happy girl.

on 5/27/2016 10:31:00 PM

I'd been using the Biolage Exquisite Oil for the ends of my long hair for the last couple years because someone generously bought it for me. I really liked that the oil added shine and moisture without making my hair greasy, dirty or weighed-down. Once it ran out, I couldn't justify shelling out for it with all the more affordable hair oils that had come out since the initial oil boom and so picked this up as an alternate. I'm very happy with it. It has a pleasant, neutral scent and a thin formula that doesn't weigh hair down or make it feel or look dirty. It adds moisture and a little bit if shine to my ends but is lightweight enough for me to forget that it's there. This $5 bottle of oil will last awhile because a little bit goes a long way and it works just as well as the more expensive hair oils. Definitely recommend it.

This is good stuff. I have very damaged hair that I dye light blonde at home. It tends to require a lot of strong conditioner and leave-in products to look adequate.
I only started blow drying my hair on the regular about half a year ago. For most of this time I was using the Garnier Moroccan Sleek Oil along with Alba Botanica Very Emollient Leave In Conditioner and Tresemme Split Remedy. I honestly didn't think that much about the Garnier (just got it because of the reviews) and thought the Alba leave-in was doing the heavy lifting, until I recently ran out of the leave-in. I was worried that my hair would be a fuzzy mess without it. Last night after washing my hair, I blow dried using only the Garnier and no other styling products. I was amazed that my hair still felt extremely silky and smooth, actually better and not as weighed down as when I was using the Alba leave-in as well. At work today, like a freak I could not stop touching my hair. It even looks a little bit shiny, which if you have very damaged hair you are well aware that this is hard to achieve.
I do think the Tresemme Split Remedy is a worthwhile addition - my ends look a little more parched than when I used the Garnier and Tresemme stuff in tandem. But I could definitely get away with only using the Garnier oil from now on.
Moral of the story: don't start using multiple products at once. Introduce them one at a time and probably try them in isolation to see if they're actually doing anything, or maybe even making things worse. Other moral of the story: this product is very cheap and does its job even if your hair is completely fried. I've purchased a backup bottle.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this in the shower & add it to my Kenra Deep Conditioner for added conditioning & to my cheap Tresseme Conditioner to further soften my legs when I shave. Every now & then I'll use this as a finisher when I style my hair to control frizz. Never leaves anything feeling oily, just soft & beautiful.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this on a whim. It does make my hair soft but it does nothing for the tangles which doesn't surprise me because oils usually don't. It is a good product though. I bought it because my hair gets puffy when it's humid. So it does do what it says it does. The product does come out of the container pretty quickly so be aware of that. There is one thing that is like to warn you about though. This product smells like really overbearing old lady perfume. If you get head aches from smell I would not recommend it. THE SMELL CAUSES HEADACHES.

Popular Hair Treatments