Neutrogena Clear Face Break-Out Free Liquid- Lotion Sunblock SPF 30

Neutrogena Clear Face Break-Out Free Liquid- Lotion Sunblock SPF 30
Clear Face Break-Out Free Liquid- Lotion Sunblock SPF 30

3.7

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (2.5%), Homosalate (5%), Octisalate (4%), Octocrylene (3%), Oxybenzone (4%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Dimethicone, Silica, Styrene Acrylates Copolymer, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Ethylhexl Glycerin, Steareth 100, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Polyacrylate, Steareth 2, Dimethicone, Chlorphenesin, Polyester 7, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Bisabolol (L-Alpha), Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Diethylhexyl 2 6 Naphthalate, BHT, Xanthan Gum, Mannan, Capryloyl Glycine, Trideceth 6, Sarcosine, Cinnamomum Zeylancium Bark Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Cedrus Atlantica (Blue Atlas Cedar) Bark Extract

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I've had great results with Neutrogena's sunscreens and this one is no exception. It goes on nicely and once it settles in, it's not shiny or greasy. I have the SPF 30+. It feels good, wears well, and doesn't leave a white cast. I haven't experienced any irritation, but then I don't have sensitive skin (although my skin gets oily). It does smell faintly of sunscreen but mostly goes away over time. One of my favourite sunscreens.

A bit pricey, but then I got mine on sale. Additionally, the cap does have a tendency to get a little messy especially since the product is pretty runny.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

What a terrible product.
It's my second sunscreen from Neutrogena, unfortunately again a miss, way worse that the first one.
I used it only one day and there is no way I will apply it again.

Pros:
- it's not shiny, even when reapplied
- it's invisible
- it's dream to apply, liquidy texture makes it spread very easy

Cons:
- upon application, it stings (I thought of washing it off, but in about 15 minutes my skin calmed down)
- in about one - one and half hours of wear my cheek started to itch and some voluminous rashes appeared (I used it only on one side of my face to compare it with my go-to but very drying sunscreen from Etude House) I took Zirtek and reapplied it after 3 hours of wear
- right after reapplying I went out and spent a couple of hours in the park (sunny late afternoon). When I came home I immediately noticed two dark spots (almost parallel wide lines) on my cheek about an inch from my mouth. I do have freckles, especially in summer, but now I also have two dark lines that made out of combined freckles! It looks like I have a dirty face or a bad scarring.

I've never experienced anything like that on my face, I put sunscreen daily... Terrible product! Stay away!

on 7/29/2017 6:33:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Best sunscreen I've found to date that is TRULY non-greasy, non-heavy, non-oily -- lives up to it's name (NO BREAKOUTS CAUSED BY THIS). Thank God I found this, was beginning to give up hope on EVER finding a usable daily sunscreen...
Lost a lippie simply due to the fact that it makes my skin tingle a bit right after putting it on (reaction?) -- although it's temporary and totally dissipates once the product is set. This also isn't a moisturizer at all, so if you have dryer skin, I suggest putting a LIGHT moisturizer on underneath this. Anyone with combo or oily skin can just use this product on it's own (and use a good moisturizer at night when you go to sleep to keep your skin balanced). Seriously, best product for a DAILY sunscreen I've found t date.

on 4/25/2017 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Finding a good, usable sunscreen that won't cause breakouts for oily acne prone skin is not easy. Specially at the drugstore (another one to check out at the drugstore for oily/acne prone skin is Cetaphil derma control pf 30).
I've tried many and this one in particular is an excellent sunscreen for my skin type, losing a lippie only because some potentially irritating extracts where used (cinammon/cedar bark). When I last repurchased though, I noticed that there where 2 different packaging for Clear Face Spf 30, and they had different ingredient listings. In one the cedar/cinnamon bark ingredients where high in the list and in the other near the bottom. If the ingredients are listed according to amount present, definitively go for the latter.

This comes out of the tube a thin, white lotion. It spreads out well enough for an easy application on face and neck, and dries to a weightless, demi-matte transparent finish. It feels matte, but it has a VERY slight luminosity which is virtually impossible to eliminate from chemical sunscreens anyway.

This broad spectrum spf comes in spf 30 and spf 55 (spf 55 has the cedar/cinammon bark near top of list) If I'm not mistaken. I have both. If you have sensitive, or acne prone skin I'd reccomend you definitively buy the SPF 30 version. I found the one with higher spf irritating (stings) and I had to use it up on my neck and chest because I couldn't tolerate the burning/stinging on my face. I'm wearing the spf 30 version on my face at we "speak" with no problem :) .

I wanted to add that if you have acne prone skin, with a medium to deep skintone, and you cant find chemical sunscreens that dont sting your face, look for sunscreens with a mix of chemical and mineral filters, like Clinique City Block spf 40, or the Cerave Spf 30 with retinol one. If you find one wich is high Zinc mixed with some chemical filters you are golden. Mineral spf tends to have a cast (white/beige/pink/purple casts), but if you look for a mix of chemical and mineral, and tinted versions, this is lessened a lot.

I find mineral (and mixes) sunscreens clog my pores somewhat around my nose and chin, but on the flip side are not irritating. You will have to experiment with sunscreens to see what ratio of chemical to mineral or which ratio of zinc to titanium dioxide, or plain zinc with oxtinoxate will work for you. To deal with clogged pores using salycilic acid (or other fat soluble acid) daily at night helps, as well as products with niacinamide.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I have oily, acne prone & sensitive skin. So I thought I had found a sunscreen that would work for me & it states won't break you out!!
Pros: Light Weight
Not greasy
Blends Well

Cons: My face broke out two days after I started using it, not only my face but my neck as well. It took me a week to figure out why I was getting blemishes all over my face & I wanted to believe what the product stated. I stop using it and my once red inflamed blemishes are finally healing.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love it, used it for many years. Will become greasy if combined with moisturizer, so I use a serum in the morning instead. I'm pale so I don't experience a whitish cast. It also mixes well with color concentrates (I use green, but you could darken it for different skin tones.) Great primer for under foundations too since I don't use primer. Doesn't break me out which is great.

on 4/30/2016 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I went a long time without wearing sunscreen because most of them were too heavy and greasy on my face. Even "dry touch" products felt mask-like and siliconey. Neutrogena Clear Face SPF 30 got a really terrible expert review on Beautypedia, but I felt I had to try it for myself.

This product contains a blend of chemical sunscreens, is a white liquid lotion texture with an inoffensive scent. It does contain some fragrant oils which smell woody to me, but the smell doesn't linger when the product dries. When first applied, there is a bit of a white cast, but that disappears as the product sinks in and dries.

Of all the sunscreens I've tried, this is one of the least greasy ones. However, it does leave a sheen, as most sunscreens do. It actually works really well over other products, such as Paula's Choice 2% BHA Gel. Those two together are just the right amount of moisture without making me an oil slick. To tone down the shine, I use a mattifier, such as Paula's Choice Shine Stopper or OC8.

Unfortunately, over time, this sunscreen started to irritate my skin. Now when I try to wear it, it stings when applied. The sting does go away as the product dries, if that is any comfort. I decided to quit wearing it and switched to Paula's Choice Resist Youth-Extending Clear Skin Hydrator SPF 50. The PC product is also contains broad-spectrum chemical sunscreens, is very light, a tiny bit more moisturizing and is much gentler to my skin.

I rated this Neutrogena product 3 out of 5, because I know it will work for those who have less sensitive skin, and the texture is simply awesome for skin tending toward oily.

on 4/24/2016 12:41:00 PM

one of the better facial sunscreens on the market :)

I have always been cautious what I put on my face and make sure that it's not something that is going to irritate me but will still protect me. It's less than 10 bucks at wall greens.

Consistency is very light and goes on smoothly. There is no greesy feeling. I will be a consistent user of this

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Beware if you have sensitive skin!! Test a small area before full use if you can. My skin doesn't break out with the right products, but the wrong ones can cause cysts that cause long-lasting scars. This is one of those products. It caused a breakout almost immediately, even on my cheeks.

on 4/9/2016 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've liked a lot of Neutrogena sunscreens I've tried, but this is far and away my favorite, and the only one I use now. I use the SPF 30, for some reason the SPF 55 breaks me out. This is a thin lotion texture, not at all thick or greasy. It disappears pretty seamlessly in the skin, you do have to make sure you really work it in or you might have some white patches. I know this sunscreen works great, because I recently went hiking for about six hours, and I came back with a tiny sunburn at the top of my head where I didn't get the sunscreen, but the rest of my face was not sunburned/tan at all. That is with zero reapplication. I don't wear daily face makeup so I can't speak to how this sunscreen performs under that. It doesn't break me out, disappears well without weird pilling or white cast, and it protects me from the sun, what more could I ask for? Great sunscreen! I'm interested to try Asian sunscreens, but I will always keep a bottle of this around and if it ends up being my holy grail, well I'm pretty darn happy with it. Hope Neutrogena never quits making it.

Edit: I still love this sunscreen, but wanted to add to say "clear face" is a bit misleading. It definitely doesn't break me out, but people break out for so many disparate reasons, and chemical sunscreen is definitely a trigger for some people. So if you think this sunscreen is breaking you out, it probably is, and I'd stop using it. At least patch test first! Sunscreen is definitely one of the hardest parts to nail down in a skincare routine.