La Roche Posay Anthelios XL spf50 sunblock stick

La Roche Posay Anthelios XL spf50 sunblock stick

4.6

SPF 50 PPD 26 Ingredients: RICINUS COMMUNIS, ISOPROPYL PALMITATE, POLYETHYLENE, OCTOCRYLENE, ISOHEXADECANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, OZOKERITE, BUTYL METHOXYDIBENZOYLMETHANE, DROMETRIZOLE TRISILOXANE, THEOBROMA CACAO, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII, DIMETHICONE, GLYCINE SOJA, TOCOPHEROL

on 7/11/2016 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Bought this today for my eye area. I'm banking on the reviews here that says it doesn't sting the eyes.

Fingers crossed!

on 5/8/2016 12:53:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Bought this while on a trip in Italy a few weeks ago. It was 10€ - and I should have bought more because it's 50% more expensive here in Canada (21$+tax).
Anyway, I love the portability: Stick it in your bag and you have it ready to reapply anytime. It WON'T LEAK, or make your hands greasy when you reapply. Goes on clear and dry, and doesn't make me break out. This is absolutely perfect for me, I can't say enough good things about it.

To Read all 13 Reviews, Login or Join

I use this stick around my eyes, it doesn't sting at all. Someone on the reddit boards suggested this, so i quickly went to my Priceline pharmacy to buy it. It costs $23. Apparently sticks have a higher melting point so it won't sting the eyes. I'm glad i bought this. I use Cetaphil Suntivity Liposomal body and face lotion SPF 50 but stings my eyes like hell. Now i can wear both sunscreens and feel comfortable all day long.

Finally a sunstick that doesn't sting my eyes!!

I bought this after trying out the bioderma sunstick which stung! my eyes upon contact. I use this under my eye, on my eyelid, corners of my eye, under eyebrow and on my lips.

It cost 11$ for 9 gram on feelunique.com and has SPF 50 and PPD 26.

Pro:

*Doesn't sting in contact with eyes!!!
*Ok price.

Con:

*Can leave a white cast (especially on lips) if you aren't pale enought. I'm NW(C?)10
*Creases under your wrinkles so you have to "dab your" eye area now and then.
*Not really moisturizing on your lips.

For me this is a 4/5. Shame that is creases and leaves a white cast on lips but I really find it hard finding a sunscreen or stick that you can apply around your eye area that won't sting your eyes. This does the job but creases after about 2 hours so you gotta pat your eye now and then. I personally HATE the sting so I'm ok with it creasing. I'm also in college and I can't really afford trying out 100 sun sticks to find the perfect one.

Overall I find this sun stick to be sufficient it does the job OK and has really superb sun protection.

on 10/1/2014 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Purchased it for eyes and you only need just one swap, otherwise it creases on my oily lids and gets onto eyes.

Package needs to be sturdy for traveling.

on 10/3/2013 7:08:00 PM

I have been trying to stick to mineral sunscreens of late and have just turned into a revolting greasy mess after a matter of hours. Invisible zinc left me ghost white and made it impossible to get a nice finish using mineral foundation over the top. I ended up looking like I had a skin disorder or a weird Michael Jackson pigment problem. It was also causing me to dry out to the point of my face looking as if it had dandruff. But thanks to La Roche Posay this daily ordeal is a distant memory. So far La Roche Posay stick is very moisturizing which is perfect for my dry/combination skin, it's managed to not turn me into an oil slick by the time the afternoon rolls around either. Very easy to apply, the absorption is almost too fast on my skin and it gives me very little time to spread it with my fingertips. The feel is nice and light, surprising given the 50+ SPF and overall I have to say I am very impressed with everything but the price. $22 for an itty bitty stick is a little bit excessive, but I'm hoping the stick delivery system will mean it is used up more slowly than a liquid, we will have to wait and see!

I like outdoor exercise a lot and therefore need a real high SPF sunscreen, I had the fluid extreme for face but everytime it sting my eyes everytime I applied around the eye area.

Then the SA introduced me to this sunblock stick and it is really good. My lids are normally oily and this stick does not cause excessive greasiness.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This stick is meant to go on highly exposed areas or those that should not be exposed to the sun. I put it on my nose, which despite using high spf tends to go red and freckles as well as on the area underneath my eyes and forehead. It's not too white on me and leaves me slightly dewy looking, which I quite like. It cost £ 10, I dont know how long it'll last with daily wear and multiple use but if it keeps my skin from getting damaged and sun spotty that's fine. As far as I can tell it does not make me break out.

The packaging could be improved as the cap does not sit on tightly and has come off in my bag before.

All in all I highly recommend this and will repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought one over in france this year and then my niece (2 yrs old) doesn't like any sunscreen but this one, She doesn't mind the stick on her face she finds it soft and reaches out for more application. She hates the lotions and they make her eyes water. So I ended up buying 4 more from a UK website.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

As chemical sunblockers go, this stuff is awesome.
It comes in a handy little stick form that one can easily keep in a pocket or handbag.
The ingredients, thought some chemical, are pretty moisturizing, and I can happily use it on my face with no breakouts.