MISSHA All-Around Safe Block Soft Finish Sun Milk SPF 50+/PA+++

MISSHA All-Around Safe Block Soft Finish Sun Milk SPF 50+/PA+++

4.3

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Silica, Zinc Oxide, Lauryl PEG-10 Tris(Trimethylsiloxy)silylethyl Dimethicone, Dipropylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Isopropyl Palmitate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Caprylyl Methicone, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Alcohol Denat., C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Helichrysum Arenarium Extract, Quaternium-18 Bentonite, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine, Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Glycerin, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Sodium Benzoate, Disodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Potassium sorbate, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Lecithin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Isostearic Acid, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Limonia Acidissima Extract, CI 77492, CI 77491, Rosa Davurica Bud Extract, Psidium Guajava Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Abronia Villosa Leaf Extract, Cinchona Succirubra Bark Extract, Rhodiola Rosea Root Extract, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer

on 7/8/2018 11:58:00 PM

Thin and watery consistency like with most asian sunscreens, works well with my combo skin and wears nicely under makeup and over moisturiser.

I apply a generous amount and it leaves a very subtle cast, barely visible though. My skin is medium-light with yellow undertones, NC35ish for reference. If you are paler you might notice more of a cast, if you apply less than I do you'll probably not notice anything.

Note it is NOT a full on dewy finish, but if you're used to the matte/powdery finish that some physical sunscreens offer I find this more moisturising/dewy feeling. If you apply a small amount it is unnoticeable though.

They do not list the percentages of sunscreen but according to the US National Laboratory of Medicine's database (Last updated May 2017 - no guarantees this is accurate!) the actives are: Zinc Oxide 5.3%, Octinoxate 3%, Octisalate 3%, Titanium Dioxide 2.5%

Personally that's lower than I tend to look for in terms of the physicals so I will only use this on overcast/winter days and not when I know I'll be in the full sun a lot or at the beach type situation, but that's just me!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

HG, HG, HG!!!! I'm on my third bottle of this. I get about 6 months out of each bottle, with almost daily wear (sometimes I don't leave the house. Lol).
Very cosmetically elegant, almost acts like a primer under makeup.

Normal/combo skin.

on 3/9/2018 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

WOW!!!

This is my first Korean sunscreen, and I am completely blown away.

I have oily, aging, dehydrated, acne-prone skin that is going crazy with perimenopause. Sunscreen may be critical for preventing sun damage and aging but it's been my nemesis!

Every other sunscreen/sunblock that I've tried has been heavy to the point of suffocating, caused me to get extra oily, and/or caused extra clogs. I tried Neutrogena's many variations and a few Paula's Choice products but everything was unbearable in the humid summer months. The best that I had found up til now was Cotz Face Sunscreen SPF 40 for Lighter Skin Tones, which was ok but I could still feel it on my face and it increased my oiliness.

I had been looking for a while at the Biore sunscreen, but the review sounded like it was high in alcohol and too drying. I managed to stumble over the reviews for Missha, and they all sounded pretty good. Found it on amazon for $10 and finally pulled the trigger. So glad I did!

The product is a thin white lotion. Some people have mentioned a scent but I don't notice anything. The packaging is a little schmaltzy-looking for my taste but the bottle top (under the cap) is a narrow applicator, which is very nice for not dispensing too much at one time. I haven't noticed a white cast nor a pink pearly cast either, but I always apply some sort of foundation over top. After about 3 minutes, this sinks into my skin and it feels like there is NOTHING on. I don't get any extra oiliness with this, and it plays very well with my makeup (liquid or powder mineral foundation). I've had no new pimples or even clogged pores while using this. I don't have very sensitive skin, but there's been no irritation or stinging either.

I'm sure I'll be tempted to try other Korean sunscreens, but I'm SOOO HAPPY with this one. Highly recommend!

on 2/11/2018 3:01:00 PM

Due to the high alcohol content I would NOT recommend this to people with sensitive or dry skin. It was very drying on my skin and made my face look veeery shalky. There are much better alternatives out there.

on 10/27/2017 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is the best daily use sunscreen I have found. My skin manages to be oily, dry, sensitive and acne prone all at the same time. Trying to find an effective sunscreen that didn't make me breakout, leave a white cast, turn my face into an oil slick or make my pores feel like they are suffocating (Neutrogena!). Instead it almost acts like a mildly luminizing primer. It doesn't dry my skin out or make it oily. It dries down quickly and provides a nice base for my makeup.

on 9/23/2017 9:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This has a subtle pinkish pearly sheen, and is meant to brighten your skin. It dries more matte than the original all-around safe, and has a more silicone-y feel to the formula.

But...it does not stay put! all over my clothes, everything that touches it, my hair, my sunglasses....even without sweating it rubs a white pearly powder off on EVERYTHING.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Over 50 and I've never had a sunscreen I liked more than this. Great for oily skin, no sheen at all, pleasant fragrance, no skin reddening or breakouts. Like all of the other very thin sunscreens, Asian brands and otherwise, in order to get a truly protective layer it needs to be applied pretty heavily but after waiting a few minutes it's all good. (just out of curiosity, I measured out the commonly recommended 1/4 teaspoon - wow, that's a LOT of sunscreen!)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is probably one of the best sunscreens I have tried. I have an oily acne prone screen and it did not break me out, it doesn't leave the sticky white cast that most sunscreen does. It does give a satin finish at the end and makes your face feel smooth. Nice subtle scent not over powering.Also, it is 50+++ it is a win win you can't go wrong with this sunscreen. The only reason I did not give it a 5 star is because I wish it was waterproof (as my face gets oily and sweaty fast) and looking for more oil control.

on 12/9/2016 1:54:00 PM

This is a HG product for oily skin. The consistency is runny and easily spreadable, with the product being slightly floral scented. Upon application, it sinks in easily and leaves skin with a very smooth and dry finish that is a lovely base for makeup. This does not ball up under makeup or other moisturisers, and keeps my skin matte for hours (compared to my previously used Neutrogena Dry Touch which is incredibly greasy). It also does not sting during application, which is is problem with the Neutrogena for me.

I would not recommend this for super dry skin. It has a feel somewhat between a regular sunscreen and a primer and is very mattifying, which could be drying. The packaging is also very hygienic and is easy to keep clean because the hole the product comes out of is very small.

Overall a lovely sunscreen with a makeup-friendly finish and great mattifying properties.

on 6/8/2016 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Great product for my very oily skin.

It is not greasy at all, does not leave sheen on my skin or feels heavy.

When applying, it does spread like fluid and feels a bit heavy on skin like some toner but then it gets absorbed pretty soon with powdery, pinkish tone.

I really like it, will highly recommend to very oil skin in hot, humid summers.