3.4

price range

Reviews

2.0

4 years ago

To me this smells like old lady - very dry and musty yet with a floral-powdery scent. Also, it dried down to nothing and didn't last - couldn't even smell it after lunch. Which was a plus, since I'm not a fan, but if you like it that might be disappointing. Fragrance is very personal, so I'm only willing to say that this didn't appeal to me.

About reviewer (312 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

3.0

4 years ago

I received a small, sample of LILY a few years ago. I would use a tiny squirt, a few times a month and amazingly, the sample has lasted me over 3 years. The tiny sample "bottle" squirted just enough of the fragrance to peak the senses and it was a lovely, clean, light, feminine, without being too girly, scent. My sample ran out a few weeks ago and I have had a very difficult time replacing it because, I suspect Stella McCartney no longer produces this scent. I couldn't find it anywhere and had to settle for EBAY. I purchased a full bottle on EBAY and I now find the scent a bit overwhelming and medicinal. The sprayer on the full-sized bottle applies more fragrance than the sample did. I think this scent is lovely in smaller amounts. In all fairness to the product, if I am correct and this scent is no longer being produced, the fragrance may be turning "rancid" and be passed it prime. As for the bottle-seriously, Stella??? It's awful! Take the cheap, silver, metal away and the crystal bottle is pretty but why did they add that metal? Just awful, flimsy and cheap looking.

About reviewer (89 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

4 years ago

Light, clean and feminine without being sweet. I fell in love with L.I.L.Y. instantly. I've received complments on it from people that say "I don't usually like perfume but you smell really nice'. I think its because its not too "perfumey", Its floral, but a clean light peppery floral if that makes any sense. I'm sad to see Sephora is no longer carrying it in Canada, and I haven't been able to source it anywhere else yet, I just bought a bottle from eBay and I am going to keep looking.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

from

6 years ago

I received this perfume for my birthday in October 2012 - this was around the time it had been launched in Australia. I've nearly finished the bottle (75ml edp). I wanted a bottle of the original Stella to replace the one I had used up, but my mum got convinced by the SA to try this new fragrance instead, if I was a fan of the original. First off, I hate the packaging. Looks amazing, travels appallingly. The metal surrounds are very flimsy and I found that it broke off not long after I got it. My perfume(s) get knocked around in my bag sometimes, I admit, but I am not rough with them and I have never had any trouble with bits breaking off bottles before. Ugh. But the fragrance is really nice and more than makes up for the packaging issues. It's a very peppery, cool, dry yet fresh lily/chypre fragrance. Almost androgynous at first sniff and not much like the original Stella which is (to me) very rosy and feminine. It does I actually like this more than Stella - it's less in-your-face and less recognisable. It has staying power and lasts through a whole 8-10 hour day at work with no trouble. I can still smell the pepper in the dry down (I LOVE pepper) with a hint of the lily but more of the earthy, woody, musky base comes through. All in all, I'd buy this again - it's a perfect fragrance to wear in all climates at all times of the year in all settings.

About reviewer (319 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

6 years ago

Such a pretty little fragrance Lily is but perplexing at the same time. Upon first spritz it has a sharp rubbing alcohol scent to it but that goes away quickly. It is replaced by a beautiful floral lily of the valley note. Lily is the kind of fragrance i like to call a "masculine floral". Lily of the valley is a woodland flower and the fragrance captures the roots and the earthy parts of the flower too. Musk and oakmoss add to the masculinity of the fragrance but it always keeps its pretty, delicate floralcy. The bottle is kind of weird too. A beautiful, feminine crystal surrounded by a modern, metal frame that exudes a masculine edge. Feminine meets masculine....that's what Lily is.

About reviewer (517 reviews)

SkinNormal, Other

HairBrown

EyesHazel

2.0

7 years ago

The first spritz is very strong like an old lady battlefield of floral polyester armor and wig-twistin carnage- It actually made me heave a little. Then It dried down a bit, and I still don't like it, but I will say that you should wear it a bit before passing judgement. You know, get to know it a bit? I can see how the woodsy grassiness could be very androgynous sexy. LIke you rolled around outdoors with a big strong man... Like I said, I don't like it. That's a shame because the bottle is absolutely beautiful.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOther, Medium Brown

HairBrown

EyesOther

7 years ago

I think this is technically in the chypre category...which is one type of fragrance I can pretty much never wear. So, yay for this wearable chypre! :D Usually such scents smell "old" and kinda musty on me, but this one is less earthy and more crisp. I would say it's green and peppery, but with a small hint of a sweet, smooth undertone. I definitely feel it is related to the original Stella (they were created by the same guy). It's like Stella's lighter, less flowery, less mysterious sister. It's fresh but also kind of warm and spicy and sexy...but on the dry side. It definitely smells expensive and sophisticated IMO...more for someone mid-20's and up. It's not my fave, as I tend toward sweeter florals, but I do get compliments on it (and from men). So...I say give it a try! If nothing else, it is unique and doesn't really smell like everything else out there. A modern scent that doesn't make you smell like you just finished your shift at Jamba Juice. :D

About reviewer (105 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

3.0

7 years ago

I loved this scent when I first bought it, but after wearing it for several months, I am no longer pleased with it. It's green, sharp and spicy, and somewhat strong, and I feel uncomfortable when I wear it. It doesn't suit my personality at all. It lasts all day, and just a couple sprays are enough. It must work well with my body chemistry because I get a lot of compliments when I wear it, so I will use it until my bottle is gone. I will not repurchase.

About reviewer (420 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

1.0

are you kidding me?

About reviewer (79 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

from

7 years ago

Absolutely love the look of the bottle. A drier floral and not too musky, Lily is quite different from the original Stella and smells very fresh and pretty. A carefree fragrance that dries down to a warmer, more delicate scent. Love this fragrance!

About reviewer (39 reviews)

AgeUnder 18