48%
package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

For a sulfate free shampoo, this lathers very well and cleans my fine, dry hair without leaving if feeling stripped. Has a fresh scent that I do not like. Does not add moisture to my hair as packaging claims.

About reviewer (3096 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairOther, Straight, Fine

EyesOther

3 years ago

I have fine, straight, heavy hair that goes flat and limp easily. If your hair has body and gets frizzy, you're probably not going to like this because it doesn't leave a smoothing residue in your hair. If you hair is like mine, however, this stuff is heavenly. I've been using it with the matching conditioner, and my hair is clean, soft, shiny, and fuller-looking (because there's nothing weighing it down). I use a deep moisture product on my hair once a week. If the ends feel a little dry, I rub a little lightweight oil in the ends. Definitely on my short list of hair products that I will buy again.

About reviewer (209 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

3 years ago

This is the best drugstore sulfate free shampoo I have found so far. I don't understand all the bad reviews, it's fantastic. In my experience with sulfate free shampoos, I'm finding them to be a bit drying. This one has been great, alittle goes a long way and I'm noticing less hair loss since I've been using it.

About reviewer (81 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

3 years ago

Pros: -color safe -smelled great -doesn't cost a lot Cons: -left a lot of build up in my hair -didn't clean hair much -made hair a little frizzy It's okay in some aspects, but I probably won't get it again unless there's nothing else in the store.

About reviewer (28 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Curly, Medium

EyesOther

2.0

3 years ago

I really wanted to like this shampoo, as it is sulfate free and didn't have an overwhelming scent. However, after a couple of weeks, it has left my hair very dry. After using it in the shower, my hair is a tangled mess and I can't even get a comb through it (and that's using both the shampoo and conditioner). I think it might be good as a clarifying shampoo to be used once a week or so, but not as a daily shampoo.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesGray

4 years ago

This is good to use as a clarifying shampoo. I would not recommend it for everyday use though because it can dry your hair out. And make sure when you do use it that you use a good conditioner. I use shea moisture shampoo and conditioner and use this shampoo once or twice a week to help control my oily hair and it serves its purpose. However, I have to wonder if buying something half the price would work just the same.. There is really nothing all too special about this. I am almost done with the whole bottle but I'm sure I could find something that works just as good to clarify my hair for half the price, but that's just my opinion. So if you are on a budget, you could opt for something $3 at walmart or buy this for $6. I gave it 4 lippies because it does work, but unsure if I will buy it again. It says it's sulfate free, so if you are a fan of sulfate free products give this a try, however I love my shea moisture shampoo (which is more expensive $11/bottle but is also sulfate free) :)

About reviewer (334 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Other

4 years ago

I'm not sure why there are bad reviews about this shampoo but everyone's hair is different I suppose. I suddenly started getting really oily hair on my scalp lately so I switched shampoos a few times and then I tried not using any conditioner thinking maybe it was making my hair greasy on top, but still, icky feeling hair. I researched a bit and decided to try a sulfate free shampoo and this one had good reviews on other sites. The first time I tried it, I didn't use any conditioner and noticed a huge difference. After blow drying my hair, it was not oily. After using it a few more times, I realize that it does work nicely. I shampoo every other day and this works best for me if I leave it on my hair for a minute or so after I lather it all up. After deciding I liked it, I tried the matching conditioner and I will wrote a review for that too.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

4 years ago

In my first venture into sulfate free shampoo I really enjoyed this shampoo! It left my hair voluminous and clean!

About reviewer (91 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinOily, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

1.0

4 years ago

I've been using Loreal Everpure for three years, I wanted to find another Walmart sulfate free shampoo. I've been using Aveda's sulfate free shampoo for a week. I've lost too much hair to continue using it. I brush my hair out before I shower, but I am loosing too much hair when I shampoo and rinse. I've lost so much hair my drain is clogged. So I give up.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

5 years ago

I'm kind of shocked at how bad this product got reviewed and gratefully I didn't read this board before purchasing otherwise I'd never have bought one of the best hair products I've had. It's around 6$ where I've seen it and though its say more expensive than...suave or pantene (two brands I loathe) it's nowhere near the amount I've paid for high end products that were a total bust. I kind of assumed it was a clarifying shampoo because of the Pure Renewal part and also the condition it left my hair. I use a lot of products daily and get buildup thus I like to use a clarifying shampoo. I'd been using Ion brand which certainly gets the job done but it felt kind of harsh and the orangey smell kind of bothers me. This shampoo smells SO GOOD. additionally, it removed the same product buildup from my hair but didn't leave it dry and gnarled like Ion. i would NOT however use this as a daily shampoo becuase it will dry your hair out as it removes the buildup of product and your own natural, necessary oils. I use this twice a week or so, followed by a nice conditioning and my hair seems brighter, bouncier, and cleaner for sure. again, not good for daily shampooing but if you use products often and need a good cleaning, this is the best shampoo you can find.

About reviewer (78 reviews)

Age19-24