Aveeno Pure Renewal Sulfate Free Shampoo

3.1

Water, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Ammonium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates Copolymer, Cocamide MEA, Dimethicone, Sodium Hydrolyzed Potato Starch Dodecenylsuccinate, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Polyquaternium 7, Methylisothiazolinone, Titanium Dioxide, Mica

on 11/19/2016 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have fine, straight, heavy hair that goes flat and limp easily. If your hair has body and gets frizzy, you're probably not going to like this because it doesn't leave a smoothing residue in your hair. If you hair is like mine, however, this stuff is heavenly. I've been using it with the matching conditioner, and my hair is clean, soft, shiny, and fuller-looking (because there's nothing weighing it down). I use a deep moisture product on my hair once a week. If the ends feel a little dry, I rub a little lightweight oil in the ends. Definitely on my short list of hair products that I will buy again.

This is the best drugstore sulfate free shampoo I have found so far. I don't understand all the bad reviews, it's fantastic. In my experience with sulfate free shampoos, I'm finding them to be a bit drying. This one has been great, alittle goes a long way and I'm noticing less hair loss since I've been using it.

To Read all 39 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Pros:
-color safe
-smelled great
-doesn't cost a lot

Cons:
-left a lot of build up in my hair
-didn't clean hair much
-made hair a little frizzy

It's okay in some aspects, but I probably won't get it again unless there's nothing else in the store.

on 10/15/2016 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this shampoo, as it is sulfate free and didn't have an overwhelming scent. However, after a couple of weeks, it has left my hair very dry. After using it in the shower, my hair is a tangled mess and I can't even get a comb through it (and that's using both the shampoo and conditioner). I think it might be good as a clarifying shampoo to be used once a week or so, but not as a daily shampoo.

on 7/11/2016 6:02:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This is good to use as a clarifying shampoo. I would not recommend it for everyday use though because it can dry your hair out. And make sure when you do use it that you use a good conditioner. I use shea moisture shampoo and conditioner and use this shampoo once or twice a week to help control my oily hair and it serves its purpose. However, I have to wonder if buying something half the price would work just the same.. There is really nothing all too special about this. I am almost done with the whole bottle but I'm sure I could find something that works just as good to clarify my hair for half the price, but that's just my opinion. So if you are on a budget, you could opt for something $3 at walmart or buy this for $6. I gave it 4 lippies because it does work, but unsure if I will buy it again. It says it's sulfate free, so if you are a fan of sulfate free products give this a try, however I love my shea moisture shampoo (which is more expensive $11/bottle but is also sulfate free) :)

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm not sure why there are bad reviews about this shampoo but everyone's hair is different I suppose. I suddenly started getting really oily hair on my scalp lately so I switched shampoos a few times and then I tried not using any conditioner thinking maybe it was making my hair greasy on top, but still, icky feeling hair. I researched a bit and decided to try a sulfate free shampoo and this one had good reviews on other sites. The first time I tried it, I didn't use any conditioner and noticed a huge difference. After blow drying my hair, it was not oily. After using it a few more times, I realize that it does work nicely. I shampoo every other day and this works best for me if I leave it on my hair for a minute or so after I lather it all up. After deciding I liked it, I tried the matching conditioner and I will wrote a review for that too.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't understand why this shampoo got such bad reviews! I am shocked! I personally love it! Found it by accident at CVS for $6! Smells good and a small amount does the trick for my hair! I use once or twice a week and the other times I use a cleansing conditioner.. Works great for my hair which is thick and curly!! I am very sensitive to a lot of things and have not had any issues!! Thanks Aveeno!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

In my first venture into sulfate free shampoo I really enjoyed this shampoo! It left my hair voluminous and clean!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using Loreal Everpure for three years, I wanted to find another Walmart sulfate free shampoo.
I've been using Aveda's sulfate free shampoo for a week. I've lost too much hair to continue using it. I brush my hair out before I shower, but I am loosing too much hair when I shampoo and rinse. I've lost so much hair my drain is clogged. So I give up.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm kind of shocked at how bad this product got reviewed and gratefully I didn't read this board before purchasing otherwise I'd never have bought one of the best hair products I've had.

It's around 6$ where I've seen it and though its say more expensive than...suave or pantene (two brands I loathe) it's nowhere near the amount I've paid for high end products that were a total bust.

I kind of assumed it was a clarifying shampoo because of the Pure Renewal part and also the condition it left my hair.

I use a lot of products daily and get buildup thus I like to use a clarifying shampoo. I'd been using Ion brand which certainly gets the job done but it felt kind of harsh and the orangey smell kind of bothers me.

This shampoo smells SO GOOD. additionally, it removed the same product buildup from my hair but didn't leave it dry and gnarled like Ion. i would NOT however use this as a daily shampoo becuase it will dry your hair out as it removes the buildup of product and your own natural, necessary oils.

I use this twice a week or so, followed by a nice conditioning and my hair seems brighter, bouncier, and cleaner for sure.
again, not good for daily shampooing but if you use products often and need a good cleaning, this is the best shampoo you can find.