Aveeno Pure Renewal Sulfate Free Shampoo

3.0

Water, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Ammonium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates Copolymer, Cocamide MEA, Dimethicone, Sodium Hydrolyzed Potato Starch Dodecenylsuccinate, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Polyquaternium 7, Methylisothiazolinone, Titanium Dioxide, Mica

on 7/11/2016 6:02:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This is good to use as a clarifying shampoo. I would not recommend it for everyday use though because it can dry your hair out. And make sure when you do use it that you use a good conditioner. I use shea moisture shampoo and conditioner and use this shampoo once or twice a week to help control my oily hair and it serves its purpose. However, I have to wonder if buying something half the price would work just the same.. There is really nothing all too special about this. I am almost done with the whole bottle but I'm sure I could find something that works just as good to clarify my hair for half the price, but that's just my opinion. So if you are on a budget, you could opt for something $3 at walmart or buy this for $6. I gave it 4 lippies because it does work, but unsure if I will buy it again. It says it's sulfate free, so if you are a fan of sulfate free products give this a try, however I love my shea moisture shampoo (which is more expensive $11/bottle but is also sulfate free) :)

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm not sure why there are bad reviews about this shampoo but everyone's hair is different I suppose. I suddenly started getting really oily hair on my scalp lately so I switched shampoos a few times and then I tried not using any conditioner thinking maybe it was making my hair greasy on top, but still, icky feeling hair. I researched a bit and decided to try a sulfate free shampoo and this one had good reviews on other sites. The first time I tried it, I didn't use any conditioner and noticed a huge difference. After blow drying my hair, it was not oily. After using it a few more times, I realize that it does work nicely. I shampoo every other day and this works best for me if I leave it on my hair for a minute or so after I lather it all up. After deciding I liked it, I tried the matching conditioner and I will wrote a review for that too.

To Read all 35 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't understand why this shampoo got such bad reviews! I am shocked! I personally love it! Found it by accident at CVS for $6! Smells good and a small amount does the trick for my hair! I use once or twice a week and the other times I use a cleansing conditioner.. Works great for my hair which is thick and curly!! I am very sensitive to a lot of things and have not had any issues!! Thanks Aveeno!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

In my first venture into sulfate free shampoo I really enjoyed this shampoo! It left my hair voluminous and clean!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using Loreal Everpure for three years, I wanted to find another Walmart sulfate free shampoo.
I've been using Aveda's sulfate free shampoo for a week. I've lost too much hair to continue using it. I brush my hair out before I shower, but I am loosing too much hair when I shampoo and rinse. I've lost so much hair my drain is clogged. So I give up.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm kind of shocked at how bad this product got reviewed and gratefully I didn't read this board before purchasing otherwise I'd never have bought one of the best hair products I've had.

It's around 6$ where I've seen it and though its say more expensive than...suave or pantene (two brands I loathe) it's nowhere near the amount I've paid for high end products that were a total bust.

I kind of assumed it was a clarifying shampoo because of the Pure Renewal part and also the condition it left my hair.

I use a lot of products daily and get buildup thus I like to use a clarifying shampoo. I'd been using Ion brand which certainly gets the job done but it felt kind of harsh and the orangey smell kind of bothers me.

This shampoo smells SO GOOD. additionally, it removed the same product buildup from my hair but didn't leave it dry and gnarled like Ion. i would NOT however use this as a daily shampoo becuase it will dry your hair out as it removes the buildup of product and your own natural, necessary oils.

I use this twice a week or so, followed by a nice conditioning and my hair seems brighter, bouncier, and cleaner for sure.
again, not good for daily shampooing but if you use products often and need a good cleaning, this is the best shampoo you can find.

I never write reviews for products unless I love or hate them. You can guess where this one fell.
One reviewer said that it's a clarifying shampoo. It's not. It's not marketed as such, nor does it identify as one on the bottle. That being said, it probably works well as clarifying shampoo for occasional use, because it is very stripping.
I switched to this from Giovanni 2Chic Ultra Moist because it was cheaper. For the record, I love that shampoo. I should have never left it, and I hope it takes me back.
I shampoo every other day and cowash in between, but my hair has been so dry ever since starting to use this shampoo. I was hoping as a sulfate free that it would be more gentle, but instead I got dry hair and a flaky scalp-a problem I haven't had since I was a pre-teen. I am really gentle with my hair and almost never use heat, but it started breaking, and worse-FALLING OUT. It seems every time I touch my hair I come back with several loose hairs. Aside from that, the smell is really strong and not my cup of tea.
I almost feel bad giving this such a poor review; it has potential to be a good product, but it would need a pretty big revamp.

on 2/28/2015 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

OMG!! I finally found the best drugstore shampoo! I have coarse, dry Asian hair that needs tons of hydration, especially in these winter months. I used to love the Organix coconut milk shampoo and conditioner set. I thought those were really hydrating my hair, but they weren't as well as these. With this set my hair is SUPER clean, something the Organix did not do, and SUPER hydrated! All other shampoos that I've tried are too stripping and filled with silicons or don't clean well enough. This is the ultimate perfect shampoo and conditioner set! My hair is smooth, soft, shiny, hydrated, not frizzy. It's really cheap at Walmart too. It's only $5.50 about for each bottle. Also, the bottles have a flat cap, so you can tip the bottle upside down to get every last drop. I absolutely love that feature. I will definitely be repurchasing and this is my new HG set!

on 9/4/2014 8:33:00 PM

I don't understand where all these negative reviews are coming from. First off, it is a CLARIFYING shampoo, if you use it every time you wash your hair it will dry your hair out. I use it about once a week, or week and a half and honestly it works great. The smell is very subtle, it leaves my hair soft, smooth and shiny. I can tell the difference, as it washes away all the product build up. I would repurchase it again.

on 8/23/2014 10:32:00 PM

Like another reviewer, this shampoo caused skin breakouts and very noticeable hair loss. Hair loss excessive.