Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr Cream Gel Shadow

Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr Cream Gel Shadow

4.2

Ingredients.Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Ceresin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Alumina, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclomethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Caprylyl Glycol, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Tin Oxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Paraffin. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 16035 / Red 40 Lake, CI 77000 / Aluminum Powder, CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 77400 / Bronze Powder, CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet, CI 77400 / Copper Powder, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide.. ...

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

So I picked up a few of these- Bad to the Bronze, Vintage Plum, and Creamy Beige. My first tip for this product is to SWATCH BEFORE PURCHASING. As I discovered, not all of these shades are created equal. Vintage Plum in particular is a PATCHY MESS that doesn't blend properly. It's absolutely horrible. I haven't tried all of the colours, but to be safe, make sure to test it out first. Even if the sample is dry, the better quality ones still go on smoothly. Creamy Beige also isn't anything special and can be a tad difficult to blend with just your fingers- which is what I bought the product wanting to do for travelling light purposes.

Other than that, Bad to the Bronze is wonderful. It blends beautifully with just my fingers and is a wonderful colour overall- it's sparkly but not TOO sparkly, so I can wear it to work. However, I wouldn't say this lasts 24 hours. It definitely doesn't crease, but it does FADE by the end of my 6 hour shifts. I've started layering on a gold shimmer from Naked or Smashbox just to keep it looking lively for longer.

I'd say the metallic shades are all probably great, but give a closer inspection to the regular colours. Overall, a good little product to keep in your travel bag or for a quick morning rush- as long as you've bought the right shade/colour.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I don't get the hype. This one is overrated. I got the Timeless Black one and it's a waste of money. Maybe other shades are better or perhaps I just got a dried up one. It could be a gamble to find a good creamy one. But mine is tough to use, has little pigment and doesn't get even close to a nice gel consistency. Not to mention that, though it takes ages to apply it, it doesn't even stay on properly, yet it is difficult to remove completely.

To Read all 572 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This is AMAZING. My face is extremely oily everywhere, that includes the eyelids. This eyeshadow, however - stays put ALL DAY with absolutely NO CREASING...and I don't even use an eyeshadow primer with it! It's great for everyday wear. Lovely pigment. Definitely HG stuff. I have the pink, brown, and white ones so far - I'll be purchasing the rest of the colors soon. I am in love.

I am obsessed! I have 55 Inked In Pink and 70 Barely Branded and I love both of these! I use Inked In Pink on days I want a little bit of a pop of color but still want it to be somewhat neutral. I use Barely Branded on days that I am in a rush and just need a little something on my eyes. I also find myself using Barely Branded on school days when I want to wear makeup but not look like I am wearing any. I would repurchase over and over again continuously. These changed my mind about cream eyeshadows. I used to hate cream products that weren't lip products and now I love them. I will not go a day of wearing makeup without one of the two Maybelline Color Tattoos. I recommend these to anyone who wants a natural look without being so natural it looks like you are wearing nothing. Love these! (Price is great too, for the amount of time they last)

on 7/6/2016 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have several colors.The antique gold? I get compliments on that one.A limited color blue deadpan...Light blue .baby blue iridescent? I use that as a base....Purple...very purple.I use it on my kids.A metallic dark green.You can use these to color your hair! I swear..It shows up really good if you want to add a streak of color😀 I have been using these as a base or lid color n putting shadow over them and mix it up a bit.These are nice and last a long time.I use my finger to put it onto my lid....Works great like that

on 6/27/2016 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have the color fierce & tangy, which is a bright orange. The pigmentation is wonderful and it lasts all day even without a primer. But the only and biggest con is that the texture it's sooo thick and doesn't apply evenly.

I have three of these cream shadows: "Creamy Beige (80)" (Color Tattoo Leather - warmer brown than "Tough as Taupe"), "Barely Branded (70)" (Color Tattoo Metal - light yellow gold), "Inked in Pink (55)" (Metal - dusty rose pink/rose gold). They can be used with fingertips or a brush, alone or under powder shadow as a primer. I find they wear pretty well without creasing too much and they wear really well when used together. I find they are great to swipe on when I'm in a rush. I often like to use the leather (matte shadow) as a base and then use a metallic one in the centre of the eyelid and/or tear duct.

I find the metallic ones, especially the light gold, a little bit glittery so it only looks good on the mobile lid (but bad in the crease or on aging lids) and I really wish the shimmer was more finely ground. They are a bit on the expensive side for drugstore IMO, but you get a lot of product so that is great. Overall, I quite like the effect, versatility and the shades and find them a decent drugstore dupe for MAC paint pots.

on 5/30/2016 4:23:00 PM

I used these eyeshadows for a very dramatic stage makeup look in a production of The Addams Family Musical. They survived 3 hours of sweat under stage lights, entirely unsmudged, throughout the entirety of the run. Everyone in the cast that used the products had the same experience, so the quality is consistent. The colors are vibrant, blend well, and make fantastic bases, as well as looking lovely on their own, but more importantly, they stay where they are put with little to no transfer. I would highly recommend them for both stage makeup and for everyday wear.

on 5/28/2016 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have two of these shadows, in Bad to the Bronze and Creamy Beige. The bronze shadow is rather dark and when worn as an all over lid color, makes me look tired by emphasizing my under eye circles. However, it wears like iron and doesn't crease and it's easy to apply with my fingers. i tried sheering it out but it's still too dark as an all over lid color for my NW 20 skin tone. I was actually looking for a bronzy shadow only slightly deeper than my complexion to wear as an easy daytime look with no liner and lots of black mascara (or maybe a pair of falsies thrown in). But Bad to the Bronze is quite dark but rather cool, which I like. It has a sheen rather than a shimmery finish and blends very easily. Creamy Beige is as far from beige as it's possible to be. It's even darker than Bad to the Bronze and is more of a cool taupe. It doesn't work for me at all and I've pretty much wasted my money on it. It looks a lot lighter in the packaging and of course it's not possible to test the shade before buying it, which is why I rarely buy drugstore makeup. I'd rather pay more for something I can actually swatch. Creamy Beige is part of the leather collection and has a metallic finish with sheen (I don't know how to exactly describe this, lol!). I ended up pitching it because it's far too dark. I'm in my 50s and no longer wear dark shadow because it's incredibly aging. Bad to the Bronze may work as a crease color or on the outer third. I've since found the perfect light bronze shade, Cargo St. Tropez, which has a very subtle shimmer and is a mlbb shade for me. And I found it in my very own stash, lol! I wasted a lot of time and money searching for a shade like this and here it was in my very own backyard. It figures. I'll keep Bad to the Bronze and try it out like I've mentioned but if it doesn't work, into the bin it goes. However, these Color Tattoo shadows wear really well and don't crease or move around. I do use a primer (MAC Painterly) , which helps I'm sure but they're really easy to use and if you find the perfect shade, they work as well as the MAC Paint Pots. I definitely recommend them for their ease of application and as long as you like shimmer, there are myriad colors to choose from.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love these eye shadows - especially the creamy mattes (which I bought in no. 91 creme de rose). This is the only eye shadow that doesn't crease, and that's pretty great considering even eye shadow primer creases on me. I often put a tiny bit of this under one of the more shimmery ones, or just wear it alone. Brilliant price but wish it wasn't in a glass container.

Video Reviews & Tutorials