Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr Cream Gel Shadow

Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr Cream Gel Shadow

4.2

Ingredients.Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Ceresin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Alumina, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclomethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Caprylyl Glycol, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Tin Oxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Paraffin. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 16035 / Red 40 Lake, CI 77000 / Aluminum Powder, CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 77400 / Bronze Powder, CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet, CI 77400 / Copper Powder, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide.. ...

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Love this stuff! Best eye-shadow base that never creases.
Here's a tip if they dry just add a pump of setting spray and reuse!
Enjoy! X

I like this as a base for other eyeshadows, it sets right away and prevents the rest of the look from creasing. The color range is really nice however no matte colors.. These are somewhat hard to work with as they look patchy on their own and blend with difficulty. I had these for a few months only (2-3) and they completely dried out in the pots, I could not use them anymore and threw them out. They worked well while they lasted. I was impressed with their staying power since it is an inexpensive drug store product.
PROS:
- No creasing
- Interesting color range
CONS:
- Patchy, solid and hard to blend
- Dried out quickly, did not get much use out of these pots

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I like it's staying power but I wish there were shades available in the uk. This is my favourite eye base. When I layer a powder eyeshadow on top the eye shadow stays the whole day and looks amazing.

on 12/18/2016 5:19:00 PM

A little tip if you have these awhile and they start to dry out, is to use your hairdryer over the open product for about 15-20 seconds, and they are good as new! But I haven't had one start to dry out until I had it for 6+ months, and it was minimal drying out. I have 4 of these shadows in vintage plum which is matte, bad to the bronze, inked in pink and deep forest green which is also matte.. I love to use these just on the lid for a quick no fuss look, with some liner and lots of mascara. They last all day, the "more glittery" type have the perfect amount of sheen without being too glittery, just a nice sheen, which for me at 47 years old is great. Definitely recommend

OK product, it's a little bit dry but applies ok.

Good pigmentation for the price of the product you pay for. Lasted well for me also.

on 11/15/2016 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

No! I absolutely will not hear a bad word against these babies! I absolutely hate Maybelline usually, and it was only after falling in love with MAC superwatt in a cosmetic store but refusing to pay the price tag that I looked to reviews of similar items, lo and behold I went and swatched some of these after they came so highly recommended. I tried on and on bronze and fell in love there and then when I tried rubbing the colour off with a babywipe to no avail. The colour was gorgeous, even my dad noticed. So I snapped up this colour along with creamy beige (a great Base colour), fantasy and chocolate suede. I do find that the consistency has varied a bit, the dryest being my imported chocolate suede pot but who knows how long that's been sitting in a warehouse? Either way it still applies like a dream. I use a rounded fluffy brush to apply all over the lid, and a pointed smaller brush in the crease and corner. And it stays on forever, primer is wasted on this stuff. I have super oily lids and skin, I'd given up with eyeshadow when I was about 12 before this. It's beautifully pigmented, lasts all day, blends so easily and because it's a cream there is no fallout. What more could I ask for?!? More colours, color tattoo foundation okay, but I'm more than happy with what I already have and I no longer feel tempted to buy an urban decay palette or something stupid like that.

on 9/9/2016 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

While it looks beautiful when swatched, this product creased on my lids so badly and it is so thick, heavy and sticky.

Also incredibly difficult to remove without using a fair bit of elbow grease to do so. After I removed it, my eyes were very sore from all of that rubbing. I literally threw the shadow out and kept the pots instead for other uses.

Not recommended if you don't like spending too long removing your makeup and/or if you have sensitive eyes/skin as it can leave it red and irritated after removal.

on 8/13/2016 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Melted right off my face on a hot day.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

So I picked up a few of these- Bad to the Bronze, Vintage Plum, and Creamy Beige. My first tip for this product is to SWATCH BEFORE PURCHASING. As I discovered, not all of these shades are created equal. Vintage Plum in particular is a PATCHY MESS that doesn't blend properly. It's absolutely horrible. I haven't tried all of the colours, but to be safe, make sure to test it out first. Even if the sample is dry, the better quality ones still go on smoothly. Creamy Beige also isn't anything special and can be a tad difficult to blend with just your fingers- which is what I bought the product wanting to do for travelling light purposes.

Other than that, Bad to the Bronze is wonderful. It blends beautifully with just my fingers and is a wonderful colour overall- it's sparkly but not TOO sparkly, so I can wear it to work. However, I wouldn't say this lasts 24 hours. It definitely doesn't crease, but it does FADE by the end of my 6 hour shifts. I've started layering on a gold shimmer from Naked or Smashbox just to keep it looking lively for longer.

I'd say the metallic shades are all probably great, but give a closer inspection to the regular colours. Overall, a good little product to keep in your travel bag or for a quick morning rush- as long as you've bought the right shade/colour.