4.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

9 days ago

I was repulsed by how this looked in online swatches, so over the years I didn't even bother trying it in the store. Urban Decay's Stray Dog and a couple by Annemarie Borelind were my favourite taupes. I also own some: Cover Girl, Wet n Wild, Fyrinnae, Fusion of Color, Essence, NYX, Dior, Laura Mercier, Inglot, NARS Make Up For Ever, Cargo, TheBalm, Guerlain, Shiseido and Chanel shimmery/satin taupe shades in palettes and singles accumulated over many years... I rarely use these, and gave some away. I even have a Lancome palette literally called Taupe Craze, and found it looked stupid on me. So I thought taupe isn't really something that works on me. Recently I watched an old video by Panacea81 (Britney Spears Piece of Me look). The Satin Taupe she used (with discretion) enhanced the makeup and her whole face so beautifully, that I thought to at least try it out next time I went shopping. I gingerly patted a cleaned one at the shop on my lid around the outer v.... and was surprised to see that it looked amazing and took my makeup ( just Sable with Corduroy) to another level. Now having bought it and used it for a bit I can say it this product has great texture, longevity, and overall quality, in addition to being a uniquely flattering shade. It does wonders to define and enhance the eyes in a way I haven't seen with my other taupes. It truly makes my small eyes look bigger/brighter. I have warm skin (was classified as a 'true autumn') ...if this can work on me surely it will look good on others. It swatches strangely looking like red-toned silvery muck. On the eyes, when applied lightly, that odd silvery shade probably brightens the whites of one's eyes, while that slight reddish plum tone (which I thought would look like a bruise) melts in with the skin, thereby working on any eye colour. When applied heavily that same tone becomes more formal looking and perfect for parties. I recognize this shade now, this is a shade I've seen on countless people, without me really picking up on it. That too is a good thing- it enhances even when used heavily, doesn't obscure the person's features. There's a quick little blog post where she does show some very affordable dupes, and does mention, as I found, that Satin Taupe looks better in real life than in pictures. https://beautyofalemon.blogspot.com/2016/01/mac-satin-taupe-eyeshadow-vs-dupes.html I am over thinking something that clearly deserves its popularity, simple as that. Really love this! (Note: it's not that expensive in pan-form)

About reviewer (98 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

from

2 months ago

I love this shadow; its a beautiful cool purply-brown shimmer. I have fair, cool skin and bluish-gray eyes and applied it all over my lid and into the crease as a one-and-done wash of color. It's PERFECT...it adds depth and dimension; I don't need a separate crease color. I'm not somebody who creates elaborate eye makeup looks....I just want simple and there aren't a lot of colors that are good on their own but this one is for me. I get the hype. I applied it over primer and six hours later it still looks good; it hasn't creased or faded. I read that Wet n Wild's nutty shadow is a good dupe for this, but for me it didn't work. That one had a yellow cast to it (on me) and because of that I hesitated buying Satin Taupe. I decided to try it anyway and am so glad I did.

About reviewer (203 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

EyesBlue

5 months ago

I love this eyeshadow and it is really pigmented. So smooth to apply and lasts really long. Mac is my favourite makeup brand . I will buy this eyeshadow again for sure

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Medium

5 months ago

It's very expensive!! As a single mom I can't afford it anymore 🙄😔 however I bought this with afterpay and I don't regret it so far. Gorgeous color really like mac cosmetics.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairBlond

from

a year ago

ok so back in high school which was many years ago i remember hearing so much hype about this shadow and bit the bullet. I was so excited about it and tried it all over the lids and i absolutely HATED it. It leans very purple and gave me a weird black eyed look. fast forward to now about 8 years later i gave infamous satin taupe another chance. If i am not careful i will still look like i have a black eye though. But carefully mixing it with lighter beiges and browns it leans more brown than purple. I dont love it t but i dont hate it. I just cant put it on the whole entire lid. Looks very purple and grey/ashy on me. i wont repurchase because i dont reach for this often. Its hard to work with because it can become a black eye very quickly. Ive began to steer away from shimmers and frosts. They tend to crease on my lids even with a base. I much prefer warmer matte shades, my favorites are Brule, Cork, Texture, Brown Script, Brown Down and Ricepaper

About reviewer (390 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

What a fabulous colo!. I am really excited I finally discovered this color. Its a perfect taupy brown with a hint of purplish maybe? I dont even know but it looks great, I love it. This will be a permanent color in my rotation from now on!

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Tan

EyesOther

2 years ago

said i'd buy this again but i've had this for 3 years and haven't even gotten close to putting a dent in it. very rich deposit of colour time and again. i wear either N3 or NC15 in studiofix powder (depending on the time of year) and Satin Taupe plays beautifully with my very fair skin and hazel eyes. it blends like a dream, no fallout (which is saying something for a shimmer finish) and it is incredibly versatile for a natural day look or a vamped up evening look. also does not irritate my eyes. absolutely fantastic value for money. i will sing the praises of Satin Taupe for the rest of my days (and steamy nights.) if this shade works for you, it should be a staple in your collection. is especially fun to wear with Urban Decay's "Mushroom" eyeliner.

About reviewer (105 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

2 years ago

This is one of my favorite OG MAC shadow! It works well for all skin tone, warm, cool, neutral , olive, etc. My favorite way to use it for a smoky eye is to apply a grey cream base over lid up to crease, apply shadow over base and blend into crease. It provides a nice rich smoky grey/taupish effect, perfect for a night out. This provides great pigmentation and can be applied as a wash of color, or layered for a rich deep color pay off. I have not found anything else like it.

About reviewer (90 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

The texture is very soft and the pigmentation is awesome. Not much fallout either.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Tan

EyesHazel

3.0

2 years ago

On me it's definitely more brown but it has a purplish tint. It's so pretty. It definitely looks better when my hair is darker red though. Its a bit overpowering when my hair is strawberry blonde.

About reviewer (734 reviews)

Age36-43