Urban Decay NAKED2

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Urban Decay NAKED2

4.2

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

This was the first palette I bought when I started experimenting with eye shadows, and it remains the only eye shadow palette I own because I keep a contrived rule of finishing or tossing items before purchasing anything similar.
Thanks to that, this palette has become my ball and chain throughout the years, because despite it having a reputation for being cool/neutral toned (clashing with my warm/olive skin), I can't find anything wrong with it that would make me wholeheartedly dislike it enough to throw away a $66 CAD splurge. Jokes aside, the colours can complement warmer skin tones well, so long as they're used alongside other colours that bring warmth.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Urban decay eyeshadow palettes are so overrated! I've used much better quality shadows with a much lower price tag. I only gave into the hype because I've always wanted to own one and when I saw this item on sale I had to get it. My oh my the regrets.. Immediately I thought: meh. They aren't very pigmented when applied on the eyelids. For the price that it is I'd expect much more. The shadows itself are also pretty small, you don't get a lot of product. Thankfully there are better palettes out there and I can sell away or give this overrated palette away.

Try other palettes like those from Zoeva, Juvia's Nubian Palettes, Makeup Geek shadows, ABH and so much more. Seriously don't waste your money on this!

on 8/17/2016 9:09:00 PM

I personally love this palette as it is full of cool-toned shades and few warm shades that can be used for a natural or dramatic look! My favourite shades so far are Verve (I loove using it in the inner corners as a highlight) and Chopper (it reminds me of rose gold).

This palette isn't perfect as it does have its pros and cons.

Pros:
- Great variety of shade colours
- Most shades are highly pigmented
- Comes with a decent brush (great for a beginner!)
- GREAT VALUE (each shadow is full size and one full size single shadow costs around $20 CAD)
- Most colours go with each other well

Cons:
- Fallout from shadows especially the more glittery ones
- Very few matte shades
- The colour "Foxy" might not appear at all on some skin tones
- Some of the lighter shades aren't as pigmented

The Naked 2 is a more cool-toned palette so choose a palette according to what suits your skin tone ! However, you can never go wrong with the original Naked palette.

on 1/30/2016 5:05:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Great and Love it!

on 12/8/2015 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great quality eyeshadows and the selection is not bad. I read someone's criticism that there aren't enough transition shades and I would have to agree. I would appreciate more matte transition shades and would actually swap one or two of the shimmer shades for perhaps a mauvey-red matte transition shade or a darker brown, but I love this palette otherwise for the blendable, smooth shadows that make application super easy.

on 7/20/2015 11:24:00 PM

LOVE! this has been my go to pallet for years now and I cant get enough of it. I use it almost everyday. everything about this is perfect, the colours how easy they blend, the awesome pigment everything. I love it and I would recommend anyone to go out and purchase it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This palate was made for those with cooler skin tones. I had the Naked 1 and hated it because it was too warm for me, plus the velvet case got dirty rather fast. it still has a few warm colours in there like (half baked) but those work well with the cooler shades so they're nice to have.

The Naked 2 comes in a metallic container making it perfect for travel, the little brush is made of synthetic bristles so is not that great BUT it gets the job done so no complains.

This one is now my default palate as I've had it since it was first released in 2011, the colours transfer nicely and you have a healthy mix of both matte and high luster in there so it works for both a day or night look. it also has a pure black matted colour which for me is a must.

If you have cooler undertones then this is perfect for a more neutral look.

If you have warm or neutral undertones then skip it and go for the naked 1 or 3, this one was not made for you.

is it worth $50? Yes it is, you'll get alot of wear out of it and it's one of the few overall self contained palates that are of really good quality so it's a good investment.

I really do enjoy this palette. The colors are gorgeous and there is endless looks you can create with it. The packaging is really cute and I love the brush that comes in it. The only thing is that most of the colors are pigmented. I wish there was more matte colors in the palette. Overall this is a great product!

on 2/12/2015 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a lovely palette. The colors will suit every skin tone. There is a great mix of light and dark shades, which makes it easy to create multiple eye looks. I know a lot of people complain of too much shimmer, but I love the shimmer because I dislike mattes except on the browbone. My favorite shades are YDK and Snake Bite. They are great paired with other shadows or as a standalone. The reason I took off a lippie is because the eyeshadows do tend to crumble and have fallout, as many of Urban Decay's powder products do. But I recommend it to everyone. It's great.

on 12/18/2014 6:28:00 AM

First of all, i am an NC25 and after reading reviews online, it is sugggested that i get the original naked instead of the NAKED2 as according to most of the reviews the original NAKED is more suitable for warmer skin tones.
i bought the NAKED, and HATED it. the colors can look too muddy, even on my not so fair skin.
i decided to buy the NAKED2 out of curiosity and to my surprise am aboslutely lovin it.
my favorite colors are YDK,busted, and snakebite, and bootycall, the last one being the best highlight color for my skintone..it is very warm and yellowish, which looks really natural on yellow skin.
so to all NC25 ladies out there, dont buy into the myth that NAKED2 is only suitable for cooler skin tones because i believe it is absolutely beautiful on ALL skin color.
the only downside, however, is the major fallout with shades like YDK, which is such a shame as its a really beautiful color, nothing a piece of tissue/paper/tape cant fix tho.
if it hadnt been for the fall outs i would've totally given this palette 5 lipsticks.