Urban Decay NAKED2

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Urban Decay NAKED2

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I've bought this twice now - it is my favorite eye palette. Really good quality and so versatile.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Like so many others, I live for this palette. To be fair, I mostly use the first four shades, because I'm super fair and my day-to-day makeup routine is pretty basic. Using just those shades almost daily, the palette has lasted me SUCH a long time! An excellent buy, even if it was more expensive.

I've been a MUA for a few different small movies, and its easy to find a natural pick for any skin tone. A slight shimmer gives great definition, and catches light without looking like a disco ball.

It's insane how versatile the shades are, I even use the matte brown for my brows!

Definitely a top 5 pick for my makeup bag.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This palette comes with 12 stunning neutral shades. The color range is more on the colder side.

Shades:

Foxy - is a yellowtoned matte skintone color.
Half baked - is a beautiful golden shimmery color.
Bootycall - is a light color with a subtle shine.
Chopper - is a cobber, shimmery shade.
Tease - is the 2nd matte color. It's a cold, neutral brown with grey and purple undertones.
Snakebite - is a bronze shade with a sheen.
Suspect - is a lighter bronze with shimmer.
Pistol - is a grey shimmery color.
Verve - is a light shimmery color with grey undertones.
YDK - is a stunning metallic bronze with slightly purple undertones.
Busted - is a dark brown with some shine.
Blackout - is a matte black

I think it would be nice with more matte shades in the palette since there's only 3.

Formula:

The formula on the shadows is great. The matte ones are really soft and silky. The shimmery ones are creamy and pigmented. Some of the shimmery colors have a more powdery finish and they have bit of fallout (YDK, Chopper and Half baked). To intensify the shimmery shadows even more I either put them on with my finger, or apply them wet. But overall I think the formula is good.

Packaging:

I think the packaging is pretty. It's a hard metallic packaging. When you open it, it has a big mirror, the 12 shades with names under and a double ended brush. The brush has a flat side, which is good at putting on lid shades, and on the other side it has a more fluffy crease brush. The hair is synthetic. Normally I don't like brushes that comes with palettes but this is really good and high quality.

Overall I think this is a good palette and great if you're just starting out with eyeshadow, but still want something high quality.

As time goes by, the less I seem to like this palette.

It was my first 'high-end' makeup purchase, which was very exciting, and the initial few uses of the palette were most enjoyable. Now I find myself reaching for it less and less. Why? Because it just isn't that impressive.

I'm not saying the shades aren't nice; they are. 'Tease' is one of my all-time favourite eye shadows, and the only one in the entire Naked 2 palette that I've managed to hit pan on. That's how little I use it.

The majority of shimmer shades swatch absolutely fantastically with the fingers. Notice I mentioned fingers. They do not go onto the eye with a brush as beautifully.

I hate the silver shades. They look so two-dimensional and it's almost impossible to blend them without creating a total mudfest. This is also the case with most of the other shadows. It doesn't matter what combination of shades you use, it will turn out muddy the majority of the time. At least, it did for me. No changes to my application rectified this.
'Snakebite' is very patchy. I don't like using it at all.

'Foxy' is a bit odd. It feels buttery smooth but, as others have pointed out, it's lacking in pigmentation. It only works well with the more orange/yellow shadows in the palette. I feel like they should have left 'Blackout' out altogether and included a more neutral or cool-toned base shade instead.

Everyone talking about the extreme fallout from these shadows is completely right - you'll either need some shadow shields, the world's steadiest hand or a willingness to either apply your face makeup after your eye shadow or the time to brush off every bit of glitter that'll be decorating your cheeks afterwards. It is a serious issue.

The brush that comes with N2 is great. I use it every day and it's a brilliant tool to have.

All in all, this is an okay palette. Just okay. In an ideal world I would have the few decent shades in singular form rather than this entire thing - there's just too much inconsistency in my opinion. I highly doubt people pay £37+ to have muddy eye shadow.

on 8/29/2015 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this palette by mistake. I do not love the cool colours...but i am using it a lot. The only con is that the shadows are a bit flaky. But sure it is a cult product.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I got this as a present for my 13th birthday 2 years ago, and I have to say I love it! I love the wear time, the pigmentation, the packaging, and the mirror. The only complaints I have about this product is the brush, like so many others. The fluffy side is much to large, but the smaller flat side is OKAY for packing on the shadow, applying a darker colour to the outer V, and applying a shadow as a liner. That is why I took off a lippy for the price. My favourite shades are bootycall(I know this doesn't show up THAT much on the lids, especially without a primer, but since I am a teen, I wear very light eye shadow), half baked, foxy, chopper and ydk. Overall, this is a great product in pretty packaging with beautiful pigmented shadows that wear for a long time, but I just wish it came with a better brush.

This is the only UD Naked palette I own and I really enjoy it!I bought one for my daughter too and it quickly became her favorite. The UD Naked palettes are a bit pricey but it really is a nice treat.

on 6/8/2015 5:45:00 AM

To be honest, I don't feel like I'm reaching for this palette much. I love the naked and naked 3 but some how this palette I haven't used so much! The shadows have so much micro glitter fall out... The transition shade tease is so chalky and powdery it just doesn't look nice on my skin. Happy to have bought to complete my collection but haven't been reaching for it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This palate was made for those with cooler skin tones. I had the Naked 1 and hated it because it was too warm for me, plus the velvet case got dirty rather fast. it still has a few warm colours in there like (half baked) but those work well with the cooler shades so they're nice to have.

The Naked 2 comes in a metallic container making it perfect for travel, the little brush is made of synthetic bristles so is not that great BUT it gets the job done so no complains.

This one is now my default palate as I've had it since it was first released in 2011, the colours transfer nicely and you have a healthy mix of both matte and high luster in there so it works for both a day or night look. it also has a pure black matted colour which for me is a must.

If you have cooler undertones then this is perfect for a more neutral look.

If you have warm or neutral undertones then skip it and go for the naked 1 or 3, this one was not made for you.

is it worth $50? Yes it is, you'll get alot of wear out of it and it's one of the few overall self contained palates that are of really good quality so it's a good investment.

on 4/28/2015 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

simply put- yes its worth the hype

yes it is super pigmented, long lasting, gorgeous, easy to blend, comes with a high quality brush..

the packaging is the bone i have to pick, mine never want to close, and after barely having it one of my shadows fell out and i had to re glue, pretty lame right, regardless this is my fav of the nakeds and id buy again and again its lasted me a long while