Kenra Platinum Blow-Dry Spray

Kenra Platinum Blow-Dry Spray
Platinum Blow-Dry Spray

4.4

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Argan Oil, Jojoba Oil, 40 Maleate/styrene Coperpolymer, Fragrence 2012

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love the results I get with this product. I have coarse, crazy hair that is very prone to frizz and basically looking like a fright wig so I am always on the lookout for products that will give me a smoother end result. While I still have to flat iron after using this (flat ironing is just a fact of life for me), I could almost skip that step when I use this. I've only had this a short time and have just used it twice but based on the end result, I can tell this is a "keeper" type product. I was expecting this to smell amazing, based on an earlier review, but while I don't find the smell objectionable, it puts me in mind of cheap, coconut/beach smelling stuff from Bath & Body Works.

My 1st comment is to note how fabulous this smells. I have actually used it as perfume & caught my husband using it as air fresherner. It does makes my hair feel softer & easier to comb. I don't know if it helps cut down on drying time or as a heat protectant however.

on 12/2/2017 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

WOW. Seriously, WOW. First of all, this cuts my drying time in half. Secondly, my hair is super straight afterwards and soft. I can't even believe how well this works and I've tried it all.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Very nice for getting a sleek look and it's not too heavy. My hair felt soft and looked shiny. The only problem is I cannot go more than two days without my hair feeling greasy. It does provide excellent heat protection but if you have medium fine strands like I do, it could be a bit heavy.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Huge bottle. Leaves my hair silky smooth before blow drying. I layer this over my Paul Mitchell Lavender Mint Leave-In Conditioning Spray & my bleached hair has never been so easy to detangle. After blow drying my hair is so straight & not the least bit greasy, granted I do have really thick hair that can get very wide after blow drying if the right products aren't used.

I have to agree with the other reviewer as this product had made my hair feel dry and fragile. I'm not sure about cutting down on blow dry time as it seems like the dryness and fragility that it causes a main concern for me.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I don't know what it is about this, but this makes my hair feel dry and fragile. And my hair is actually very healthy!!

The scent of this is lovely, like a soft perfume. But if your nose is sensitive to scents, this might not be for you. But to me, how a product performs is what counts. And for me, this just is a weird product, and I have tried many thermal and heat and smoothing hair sprays.

I spray this a good 8 inches from my head, and light mists, not heavy. So I do not know what the problem is. But I've tried this in various weathers and various levels of humidity, thinking it might or might not make a difference. It just makes my hair feel dry and fragile, like it wants to break off. Very strange product. I wish I could like it, as many do. The scent is lovely, but this is a pass for me.

on 3/18/2016 8:41:00 PM

Love this stuff! It makes your hair so silky and smooth. I have ringlet curly hair and when I decide to straighten it, this is the first thing I reach for. It smells amazing, makes hair soft, and protects from heat styling. What more could you ask for? The only thing I dislike is the price, wish it was more affordable because I go through this stuff like crazy.

on 10/24/2015 9:11:00 AM

I really like this product for cutting down blow dry time and thermal protection, plus it smells amazing! I have fine frizzy hair and it helped a little with frizz, but I had to use it in combination with several other products and my flat iron to really reduce the frizz. It's expensive, so I usually spray into my hands and distribute that way, instead of spraying onto my hair and possibly the floor and wasting it.

I do like this product, BUT, what really prompted me to write this (my first) review was the fact that MakeupAlley wouldn't let me add a new product to their database without first having reviewed an existing product. And now, onto my review of the holy grail: L'Oréal Advanced Hairstyle BLOW DRY IT Thermal Smoother Cream!

I love this, and have bought it for at least two years. I hate the price. Sally s has duped it in the GBP line and it is identical!!

Popular Styling Products