Kenra Platinum Blow-Dry Spray

Kenra Platinum Blow-Dry Spray
Platinum Blow-Dry Spray

4.4

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Argan Oil, Jojoba Oil, 40 Maleate/styrene Coperpolymer, Fragrence 2012

I have to agree with the other reviewer as this product had made my hair feel dry and fragile. I'm not sure about cutting down on blow dry time as it seems like the dryness and fragility that it causes a main concern for me.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I don't know what it is about this, but this makes my hair feel dry and fragile. And my hair is actually very healthy!!

The scent of this is lovely, like a soft perfume. But if your nose is sensitive to scents, this might not be for you. But to me, how a product performs is what counts. And for me, this just is a weird product, and I have tried many thermal and heat and smoothing hair sprays.

I spray this a good 8 inches from my head, and light mists, not heavy. So I do not know what the problem is. But I've tried this in various weathers and various levels of humidity, thinking it might or might not make a difference. It just makes my hair feel dry and fragile, like it wants to break off. Very strange product. I wish I could like it, as many do. The scent is lovely, but this is a pass for me.

on 3/18/2016 8:41:00 PM

Love this stuff! It makes your hair so silky and smooth. I have ringlet curly hair and when I decide to straighten it, this is the first thing I reach for. It smells amazing, makes hair soft, and protects from heat styling. What more could you ask for? The only thing I dislike is the price, wish it was more affordable because I go through this stuff like crazy.

on 10/24/2015 9:11:00 AM

I really like this product for cutting down blow dry time and thermal protection, plus it smells amazing! I have fine frizzy hair and it helped a little with frizz, but I had to use it in combination with several other products and my flat iron to really reduce the frizz. It's expensive, so I usually spray into my hands and distribute that way, instead of spraying onto my hair and possibly the floor and wasting it.

I do like this product, BUT, what really prompted me to write this (my first) review was the fact that MakeupAlley wouldn't let me add a new product to their database without first having reviewed an existing product. And now, onto my review of the holy grail: L'Oréal Advanced Hairstyle BLOW DRY IT Thermal Smoother Cream!

I love this, and have bought it for at least two years. I hate the price. Sally s has duped it in the GBP line and it is identical!!

on 8/19/2015 9:57:00 AM

August 19, 2015 I have to say this product actually did reduce my drying time. I have thick, mostly straight (with a wave or two), mid-back length hair. It usually takes me 15 minutes to blow dry and with this product...10! That might not sound like much, but when you're standing in a hot bathroom with a hot blow dryer having a hot flash...it's a lot!!

It smells great and I don't use much...two spritzes under and two spritzes on top, then I gently rub my hair between my palms to distribute it. A couple of times I added a couple more spritzes and it was a bit too much. My hair was slightly weighed down.

My daughter who has hair similar to mine felt this product dried her hair out, but I rotate my hair products and haven't had a problem.

on 6/30/2015 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Love this blow dry spray!!! I have incredibly thick hair- it doesn't really decrease my blow dry time but that's okay! It makes my hair feel amazing!! Fine a cosmologist that will purchase it from a Cosmo store for you. Way cheaper!! $16 for the large bottle.

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I've been trying to like this product for so many years. Unfortunately, no matter how many times I try, it never seems to work for my hair. I use a blow dryer and flat iron often so I'm a little obsessed with finding the best heat protectant. This spray smells amazing and it's loaded with silicones, which is good for its job of providing thermal protection and detangling. However, because it contains so many silicones at the top of the ingredient list it also does an amazing job at weighing down my fine hair. Kenra also has their Blow-Dry Mist which is specifically for fine hair, but I don't find that one to be effective at providing any heat protection. I wish there could be some kind of "Happy Medium Blow-Dry Spray". Finally, this doesn't decrease my blow dry time which is disappointing.

Overall, this is a suitable heat protectant and detangler for those with thicker hair, but I wouldn't have any expectations for it decreasing your blow dry time.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This product is supposed to lessen the blow drying time for your hair. In all honesty, I didn't notice a huge difference in the blow drying time, at least not enough to justify the price tag.
It does leave my hair feeling a bit dry and since I chemically treat my hair regularly, this is a deal breaker.
As for the thermal protection, I didn't really notice a difference with that either. I've since discovered Aveda's Smooth Infusion Glossing Straightener and New Dry Remedy Oil which works wonders for my hair for that sleek, shiny look.

The scent is pleasant but that's pretty much the only good thing about this product.
Perhaps it will work with fine hair types but not with my somewhat thick and medium textured hair.

on 11/15/2014 10:35:00 AM

I purchased this on Amazon based on the reviews here. I got the 3.4 oz size in case I didn't like it. I have used it every day this week on towel dried hair. It is such odd stuff- I spray it on all over my hair and it almost seems like nothing is coming out of the bottle but then there is this slippery feeling. Instructions say to dry hair away from the scalp with a round brush. I have short to medium length layered hair in an inverted bob, back more layered, very fine, brown with some reddish highlights, tends to lie flat. I cannot say this shortened drying time any but that was not a concern to me. It did make my roots stand up with the round brush and also made my ends very healthy looking and color seem more saturated. My hair was very soft, manageable and fuller looking. Last night a friend asked me who does my color and I have not had my hair done in over 2 months. This product has gotten rid of the dry wispy look of my fine hair and gives it more substance and a little oilier feel but in a good healthy way. I can't really explain this well but just try it.

Popular Styling Products