3.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

a month ago

This rocks! It doesn't crease under my eyes, is affordable, and easy to find. I will absolutely repurchase and recommend it to anyone who needs a good undereye concealer. It gives me better results than concealers much more pricy I've bought at Sephora and such.

About reviewer (315 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

2.0

Good product

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

a month ago

This concealer is apart of Maybelline's permanent line and rightfully so. Brightening is a bold understatement. It instantly provides bright lights for your under eyes. This product goes on thin, light, easy to apply and easy to blend and dries down slightly thicker, more full coverage, matte and stays without budging even to touch. There is a reason why it has been around for a long time. This concealer will have you looking ethereal. The photography will be phenomenal--the concealer seems to provide an illusion synonymous to the effect of contour on your face in photos to make your face look slightly more angular like a model because it brings out hyperdimensionality onto your skin, thus you will still look naturally like yourself but just a little more snatched. This concealer performs in such a way that where you place the concealer down will have the effect of the brightest lights emanating from your skin and that does wonders for video and photography. In day to day life it will give you a brighter appearance that eliminates the appearance of discoloration and shows your skin as more taut, bright and surreal. Though I typically do not prefer matte concealers as a dry skin person, this is a concealer I can enjoy in the matte range of concealers not only because of its unique easy of application that mimics more dewy concealers (that soft, easy glide on) but also because it provides a brightening effect so irresistible and irreplaceable that it's worth a matte moment. However when I initially tried the product for the first time the initial application had me thinking it was going to be dewy, before I learned as it dried down--oh no, this is definitely matte. A let-down for sure but I appreciate the formula anyway for what it is. Had it been/remained dewy, it may have become one of my favorite concealers ever. Though the sponge tip aids in its ease of use, it may be my least favorite aspect of the product as the product comes out the applicator in kind of a distasteful way (jutting out everywhere from the sponge instead of from one spot) and can make things a bit messy with the cap. Nevertheless, no matter how long this concealer has been on the market, this concealer is a major competitor to all concealers--high end or drugstore.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Deep Dark, Warm

HairBrown, Other, Medium

2 months ago

I am nw20 and tried (so many shades, but the new shade worked best) Light Honey. It is decent, but it is not IME for those that have serious darkness under there eyes. Great drugstore in a pinch option. The new shade Light Honey is a much better match for my nw20 skin than any of the other shades they had before. But on me this falls into that category of I keep applying it and it really isn't making a dent. It does some muting, but the darkness is still pretty apparent. Again, if you have just some mild darkness, this would be a great option. But for those of us that have the full under eye, I got punched, darkness...this (again in my experience) may not be enough. I do like the texture as it was not too drying & the texture was better than much high end concealers. It wasn't too pasty and had minimal texture issues on my dry skin.

About reviewer (1201 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

2.0

2 months ago

I am sure that my foundation and this concealer has same formular (silicone based) and applied correctly but this foundation still creasing, cakey, and show pores horribly, it destroys my beautiful natural texture of my foundation, coverage is medium and blending is ok, the packaging is unhygine. Sorry if it work for you, not for me. Shade medium is good match for NC/NW30

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

3 months ago

It has a very good coverage, but also bear in mind that my undereye area is not very dark, it just needs a little bit of brightness. It can be dry, so I put on my eye cream first and then I even use squalane oil on my beauty blender to blend this into my skin without any creases. (I use oil, instead of setting it with a powder, because I do not like matt finishes).

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrown

EyesHazel

3 months ago

I found the actual concealer to be medium to full coverage and actually found the concealer really good! I actually used mine for foundation and found it good in covering the acne and still providing a non-makeup makeup finish. I would however note that the sponge applicator is not great to constantly be reusing and the actual product finishes quickly for me. However i would definitely recommend over the Maybelline fit me concealer.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Other

3 months ago

Oh hey, you know if you’ve spent any time on Instagram and watch tutorials and see Charlotte Tilbury contour and other high end foundations with this exact way of dispensing then you just know to buy this for $7.00 and save your money. Foundation and concealer in a hygienic easy way of tapping on and having the same affect as CT and Armani. Swatch it, you’ll see ! Happy 2020 you beautiful people ❤️ EDIT if this is balling up then you’re using too much. If you find the sponge to be unhygienic then take it off and wash it, but really a doe foot is not terribly hygienic either or fingers. This is a no brainer for touch ups. ❣️❣️

About reviewer (204 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

4 months ago

Tbh this is overhyped. It settles more into my fine lines than the apieu moist creamy concealer, and has less coverage to boot. It's also more expensive. The only plus is that it's far more accessible than most Korean makeup brands, but I'd rather take the trouble to order something online that's cheaper and I know works better 🙃 I find many Korean roadshop concealers have bomb coverage, and frequently come with added SPF - which can only be a plus for preventing dark marks from getting any darker!

About reviewer (45 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

4 months ago

Maybeline has finally introduced this in Japan and I`ve been wearing this concealer for the first time for the last two weeks. It`s quite nice, for the price. Good points: high coverage with just a tiny bit of product, won`t settle (too much) into fine lines (if you use a tiny bit of product), good color range, decent staying power. The bad points, as everyone else, has already said: the stupid sponge tip applicator and the fact that it can be a bit too drying (this can be mediated if you moisturize the under eye area really well and use just a pinhead amount). I still like my Phyto Sisley and Cle de Peau (the one in the clicky stick with the brush) concealers better and will always pick those up for a special evening, but those are way more expensive, so to give my wallet a break, I don`t much mind using Maybeline on a daily basis. In summer, though, Catrice Camouflage will beat all other concealers, hands down.

About reviewer (916 reviews)

Age44-55