Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Light/Medium

Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Light/Medium
Before & After - Garnier BB CreamBB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Light/MediumBB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Light/Medium

2.8

on 10/1/2011 6:41:00 PM

Normally I use Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser for oily skin but decided to give this one a try as it is much cheaper. It is quite hard to work with as it dries pretty fast and if you are not quick you get streaks. I find it best to apply more than you need and wipe off the excess. So far it has not given me any spots which is a plus. However, I have taken two lippies off simply because of lack of colour choices. I am paler than pale and the light colour is a little orangey on me. Also if you are dark, particularly Asian like my Indian friend, the dark colour tends to go a bit ashey - so after she tried it on her hand she didn't buy. Still it is great bang for your buck and the light shade is OK. If yo have any spots, you will need concealer as this TM has minumum coverage, which you would expect with a TM. Good for days when you don't want the full slap on and still want to look like one of the living. I would buy again

on 10/6/2011 8:23:00 PM

These are the claims:

1. Hydrates for 24hrs
2. Evens tone
3. Corrects blemishes
4. Boosts healthy glow
5. UV Protection SPF 15

I would say that this product delivers. I haven't been able to fully test the SPF 15 yet, but on all the other promises, this is a very good product. This is as thick as your average foundation. This was a real surprise to me as I was expecting more of a tinted moisturiser. I chose "light" and it was a great match for my skin colour. I usually choose ivory or porcelain foundations and this worked great with my skin tone. I did not apply any moisturiser, primer or sunscreen under this product. The finish is dewy and it has definitely evened out my complexion. As I said before, it is thick enough to be a foundation, it is not in the least bit cakey and I really feel like my skin is being moisturised. In some ways, this all seems a little bit too good to be true. I only paid $15 Australian for this and I have never had as good a result from a foundation/tinted moisturiser. Once the school holidays are over and I go back to work at the kindergarten, I will get to try out the SPF aspect of this product. If that holds up, then this is going to be my HG foundation from now on!

on 10/11/2011 5:00:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was pleasantly surprised by Garnier's tinted moisturiser.It did not make my skin look orange or patchy.I'd had bad experience before with few tinted moisturisers ,but decided to give Garnier All in one skin perfector a chance ,mostly because I am very happy with garnier's anti dark circles roll-on.This tinted moisturiser match my skin colour perfectly ,give me glow and little coverage ,exactly what I want.,I used it this morning followed with little bit bronzer and blush and voila very healthy fresh natural look. I think it will be my daily," foundation" from now on

on 10/20/2011 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I received a sample of this after applying on the Garnier website, following receiving the details in the October issue of Glamour magazine.
3 samples of BB Cream in "light" awaited me when I arrived home from school. At first I was disappointed as, being around an NC 30-35 I am accustomed to using medium, although I was sure that that would be too dark for me too as my friend around an NC 45 uses that and it matches perfectly. Darker girls won't find a match though. ):
Light blends very beautifully allowing my skin to show through. It does not seem to have any undertone - perhaps it is neutral. I can see how this would be too dark for very pale girls though - that is a shame :[.
The texture is thick but light, not liquid but mousse-like. It is odd and nothing like the two foundations I own (Revlon Photoready & Sleek New Skin Revive) nor like Clinique's Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturiser.
The lasting power seems good and the feel of it is very soft. I wouldn't say this moisturised my skin enough to skip my regular mixture of moisturisers but helped prolong the time I spent with smoothness before the flakes returned on my extremely dry skin.
Not mask-like at all and very, very natural would highly recommend. :D

1 lippie off for limited colour selection.

on 10/21/2011 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I tried this after being quite intrigued by the idea of a BB cream, having got a sample of 3 applications from Garnier.
It was somewhere between a foundation & tinted moisturiser, just what I was looking for in terms of coverage & the colour was very nice too. It allows your natural skin tones to show through without looking too light or heavy. Produced a really nice, dewy look though I think on people like me with seriously oily skin then it can look a little greasy.
It didn't cover the worst of the acne scarring I have so had to use a seperate concealer, not to worry though as I'd normally need a concealer anyway.
One thing I really didn;t like was that it transferred very easily on to my clothing (my poor new jacket got BB'd).
But the biggest thing that put me off it was that while it may not have looked cakey, it really felt like it was. I had an "awareness" of it all day, it thankfully didn't cause any clogging or break outs though.
As a whole, I still very much like the whole BB cream thing so I hope something else comes out that doesn't have cons of this one.

on 10/27/2011 5:20:00 PM

This is just a hyped tinted moisturiser. This "nanotechnology" is just...well, a rubbish techno name for old fashioned Titanium Dioxide?
It's not moisturising enough for wintertime, it doesn't cover enough, it's too fragranced.
On the plus side, for a quick "get out the door" product it has an SPF and illuminates slightly.
Maybe for younger skins, I'm 35 and this is a disaster!

on 10/29/2011 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm one of those who got the 3 free samples from Garnier. And a voucher was included and my local chemist had it much cheaper to begin with so I got this for just 8.99, down from 14.99.

So for that money I can't really complain. This is very much a tinted moisteriser though - not at all enough coverage to be anything else. You definately need concealer also. But on weekends when you just need to even yourself out and reduce redness, it works. I'm not sure I'd wear it to work though.

It is very glowy - I put powder on my nose but leave the rest as it's pretty flattering and healthy looking. It does have a fruity fragrance that has quite a lot of hang-time. I can still smell it a couple of hours later, but it's not unpleasant by any means.

The thing I'm not mad on is that it feels tacky to the touch for hours afterwards. And for that reason I'd say it's dreadful for transferring if you're wearing a high collar. But I have a good shade match so I don't need to go all the way down my neck.

I'd repurchase at this price, but full price? Nah, it's not anything really spactacular. The best thing is the glowiness, and you could get that effect with illuminator combined with any other foundation.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

i would definetly buy this again. its very good and is much better than my current foundation...it covers well has a natural finish and i just love it..i will update if i have any problems because i only just got this today..:) so far so good

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The colour on this is ever so slightly too dark for me in the light option, but I would still buy it again. I use it as a tinted moisturiser and do powder over the top as I don't like the dewy look on my skin.
It blends well, doesn't break me out, and looks very natural. It lasts pretty well on my skin, and evens out my skin tone nicely.
All in all, for 7 you really can't go wrong.

on 12/4/2011 8:46:00 AM

I was intrigued to see a western bb cream by a drugstore brand so when I saw this on sale I thought I might as well get it and try it out. Well, I'm glad I never paid full price for it and I generally regret buying it at all as its just sitting in my drawer now. This bb cream is very light, in that way it applies easily but it offers very little in the way of anything. It gives a bit of a glow for a little while, but does nothing for coverage, pore minimizing, evening out skin tone...it pretty much doesn't do anything. Also it stinks, a very strong and artificial smell that has a tendency to linger. My skin is combination, so I thought I'd try my sister with it seeing as her skin is much drier and has little she needs covering but it didn't do much for her either. The lightest shade was too dark for the both of us as well. I tried this on under other base makeup but it didn't make a difference as a base either. This stuff really is a useless product. I will stick to my Asian bb creams!