Jurlique Rose Silk Finishing Powder

Jurlique Rose Silk Finishing Powder

4.2

Zea mays (Corn) Starch; Oryza sativa (Rice) Starch; Silica; Fragrance (Parfum)*; Iris florentina (Orris) Root Extract; Salvia officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract; Arnica montana Flower Extract; Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract; Calendula officinalis Flower Extract; Bellis perennis (Daisy) Flower Extract; Hamamelis virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract; Prunella vulgaris (Self Heal) Flower Extract; Spilanthes acmella Flower Extract; Lauroyl Lysine; Glycerin; Aqua (Water); Alcohol; Cinnamyl Alcohol*; Citral*; Eugenol*; Geraniol*; Linalool*; Benzyl Benzoate*; Citronellol*; Limonene*. * From Natural Essential Oil (Rose - Rosa damascena; Lavender - Lavandula angustifolia)

on 9/11/2018 9:21:00 PM

Leaves a nice silky feeling with slightly rose scented powder smell. sets makeup well. Skin stays matt til evening in air con place. with primer, makeup lasts outdoors, in humid weather for the entire day. no blotting required. does not alter the colour of my skin. expensive because it is half the amount of other loose powder in the market. This is my second purchase and until now i have not managed to find a cheaper alternative.

no breakout experienced.
my skin type: sensitive, dehydrated, prone to acne, combination skin.

Love this stuff. I bought it on sale on the strength of the reviews I read here, and I am very happy I did!

It really does minimise my (massive) pores to a degree I have not previously seen with any other finishing, blotting, oil absorbing, foundation, concealing, or literally any other powder of any brand I have ever purchased or used.

I was quite worried about the scent being too much for me as I'm quite sensitive to fragrance (rash-wise and just general dislike) and generally not a fan of floral, powdery or grandma-ry aromas, BUT much to my surprise despite the rose scent being reasonably prominent, I quite like it! It fades away quite quickly but feels like a little flurry of finely-milled and fragranced luxury while being applied.

I live in a very sunny country with one of the highest rates of skin cancer in the world so I try to wear sunscreen everyday, but have not yet found my HG facial sunscreen that is high SPF but doesn't leave your face shiny, greasy or sticky - the closest I've found still left me shiny and greasy - but thanks to this powder those problems are solved and my pores appear much much smaller, I'm stoked!

I found no white cast issues, but I'm quite pasty as-is so no surprises there.

I have extreme combination skin (oily and acne prone as well as dry, dehydrated, sensitive and very flakey - the worst of both worlds, OH YAY!) with rosacea and eczema and this powder somehow manages to absorb the oil and beautify without breaking me out, drying my dry sections or accentuating flakiness. I have no idea how they managed this, as no other powder I've used in the last 20 years managed it, but I'm very glad they did!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Girls and guys with oily skin and or large pores BUY THIS!!!!! I have such oily skin that by the time I finish my eyeshadow and brows I already need to blot or powder! Yes it is that bad lol. This beautiful powder is the ONLY product that I have found that keeps my skin matte. It also conceals pores beautifully! In my opinion the best way to use it to hide pores is to use the puff to press it into the skin. It makes my large pores nearly invisible, I kid you not! The rose scent is lovely, but if one is sensitive to scents I could see it being obnoxious, but the product is so good I could overlook it. I like the packaging because it has a flip top with a mirror. The only downside is that the puff sits on top of the holes, and if you get too much powder out it will not go back down. I have tried all of the popular setting powders, like Laura Mercier, Nars, etc. and I found them to be underwhelming and not much different from any other powder I have used from the drugstore. I heard the Pixiwoo girls talk about this and I looked it up on Amazon to find many people raving about it for oily skin and I ordered it off of Amazon for about 26 dollars, so not too bad. I have fair skin so this never looks chalky, but on darker skins I do not think it would leave a white cast either if one doesn't use a ton. I will repurchase this powder always, I think it is one of the best makeup products I have ever used and cannot rec it enough, absolute game changer!

on 9/21/2015 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is an amazing everyday finishing powder! I use this over a BB cream or light foundation such as the Napoleon BBB cream or Estee Lauder double wear light foundation. This is perfect for summer for a light make up look, highly recommend!

on 8/9/2015 1:36:00 AM

I really love this product. Sets foundation fantastically, especially my t-zone. Doesn't look chalky at all, and smells beautiful. Doesn't irritate my sensitive. Only gave it 4 lippes because of the price, otherwise it's a really lovely product!!

I have very fair skin and even though this powder is translucent, it still left my skin looking a bit chalky, and I wear sunscreen and a bit of foundation before applying it. I have oily skin and it did a good job of leaving it matte but not anything more than other powders can do. But if you are looking for a natural organic powder, then I guess this has that benefit. I went back to my Clinique Blended Face Powder because it has a bit of color in it (or at least closer to my natural skin tone) and I use the Jurlique powder just for touch-ups after a long day. The best thing about this product is the smell - I love the smell of roses and it's a nice natural rose smell and not overpowering at all and it's always nice if someone is going to kiss you, they will enjoy the fresh smell! The packaging is also nice, comes with a mirror and a sponge but I use a brush to apply. $36 - it's not enough for me to purchase again.

on 4/6/2013 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I really like this powder. I use it on top of Dermalogica's Sheer Tint to set my T-zone skin. It keeps my T-zone matte and nice. Love the rosy scent.

on 8/4/2012 8:36:00 AM

I am up to my sixth jar of this. I primarily use it to mattify my shiny t-zone but it also sets makeup really well. Like other reviewers have mentioned, it is a translucent powder that comes in three different scents of which rose is my favorite. I used to not be able to use moisturiser and only used matte foundations because I would get so oily by the end of the day. However with this, I feel that I can wear a moisturiser, sunscreen and a relatively heavy/creamy foundation and not get any shine coming through for the entire day. I only ever need to carry it with me for touch-ups in very humid weather. The packaging is okay but I find it better to apply with a powder brush than with the sponge it comes with as makeup on the face is easily transfered to it. The price is also on the higher side but I think it's worth it for the quailty of ingredients and results. I'm not sure what I would do without this powder and I hope it is never discontinued.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this product! The powder is so fine and it leaves a silky to your finish. It is a completely translucent white powder - and it's not one of those white translucent powders that come out chalky on the face, there is no chalkiness whatsoever!
I personally like the rose scent it has, it has a classy feel to it (haha I sound so jersey shore saying that, but it does!). The packaging is alright, the only issue I have, is that there's no divider between powder puff and the holes in which the powder comes out of. The packaging aesthetics are very nice, it's simply black and white - a nice clear cut image.
Overall, this is the best finishing powder I have tried so far. It looks natural, though I do spray MAC Fix+ over it, just so my skin doesn't look /that/ matte.
I wouldn't say it's THAT expensive at 24.50, mainly because I don't like to cheap out on face products. I will definitely be buying this again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I like this powder. It is white and translucent, although can make my face a little paler just after application. Similar to MAC setting powder, just a little more exciting - I guess because of the packaging and smell. The rose smell is quite strong - I personally like it and it doesn't linger. I use this powder with a powder puff - buff it into the skin on top of foundation and then swipe off the excess with a powder brush, that way my pores look small and skin looks airbrushed.