Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++
BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

3.7

I am divided on this product. About every foundation I have used on my naturally combo but now quite dry to to the Tria laser and Retin-A use skin shows up and that makes me upset. I'm 37, I have some fine lines and pigmentation (which is what the aforementioned products above are addressing). At any rate, I wanted something simple with a good SPF because I have to wear one when doing those treatments and something light that would even out my skin and hide texture. I got this product in medium and the color is a bit more yellow than me but it is a good thing because it counteracts the bit of redness I am getting from the treatments. 50% of the time I wear this, I love it. When blended to perfection it actually hides texture pretty well and I find that there is no need to powder at all with this. It has a natural skin finish on me, all day. I find that it lasts on my skin and where it does show signs of wear, it does so evenly unlike those fuller coverage, en vogue long wear foundations. The other 50% of the time I get this effect like it is sitting on the skin and is visible. I do wonder if it is my recently dry skin and not the product now. I use CE Ferulic serum, La Mer the moisturizing lotion, sometimes the Chanel Flash Balm primer and then the BB. I notice it stands a better chance of being part of the better 50% with the flash primer. I also get my beauty blender soaking wet until it gets big then ring it out completely before applying. I have tried fingers and brushes but those tended to be bad 50%. There has to be a trick when I get it to work and I am still wondering what exactly it is so I can consistently replicate it. So it has the potential to be a low maintenance HG product but it is finicky to the point that it is almost ironic. I am anxious to try it when I am on off time with the Tria to see what it does when my skin is more combo.

on 8/10/2017 5:17:00 PM

I really liked how creamy this was, with good, medium to heavy coverage. However, the color was a bit too tan/yellow for me. Unfortunately, I can't remember what shade it was! If it was the Extra Light, I would not buy again because of the color mismatch. If it was a darker shade, I definitely would try again in a lighter shade.

This was the first BB cream I ever tried years ago (I think Bobbi was early to the BB cream train) and I thought I really liked it, so bought it again. I have to say, it's no longer as good as I thought it was. Good: The coverage is light, it has SPF and the tone was not pink or orange like lots of BB creams. Not good: formula is tough to work into the skin; it dries quickly, cakes up around nose/eyes/etc. and also doesn't settle in if you use too much moisturizer or a primer underneath. I had to use my fingers, never brush or sponge, to really work it in. For the price, I'm going to skip it from now on.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I had this BB cream applied at a Bobbi Brown counter as part of a lesson. I had high expectations for this BB cream but was disappointed. It blended in fine over the oily parts of my face but sat on top of the dry areas, making them look much worse and flakey (even on top of the "face base"). I had to go home and wash my face then follow up with my normal CeraVe lotion and my usual Mac Face and Body.

Despite how thick the formula is, this BB cream is surprisingly light coverage. It lightly evens out my skin tone but does not work well to cover any major redness or scarring.

Because of its convenient squeeze tube and quick application, this BB cream is what I reach for almost daily. This is the first BB cream I have stuck to. I do not find that it breaks me out and provides good enough coverage for what I like.

I have combination skin and I would not recommend this to those with oily skin types as it does slip and slide. Also, if you have dry patches - this will cling to it (not extremely though).

on 5/31/2016 2:13:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Great if you have perfect skin, but little to no coverage. This is a tinted moisturizer with SPF, and if you have any blemishes at all it will do nothing to cover them. Easy to apply with fingers if you're in a rush, good for beach days, but I find myself reaching for concealer and foundation for blemished areas so why bother with this in the first place?

on 3/28/2016 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Bobbi Brown is a great place to look for foundations and concealers and such.. their BB cream has a lightweight feel on your face and coverage is buildible but never perfect, it's also great as an eyeshadow base. Plus I love the fact that the finish actually looks like skin.
Anyway this bb cream doesn't really have a scent, it doesn't smear off at all but you would definitely need to blot it throught the day (if you are oily) and touch up around your smile lines around the mouth and those lines around your eyes(or set). I bought it in 55$ because that is the only store where I found a BB cream in my skin colour (during the winter). I would totally recommend this to anyone who got money, but I wouldn't buy this again because it is not my color and they do not have a colour for me.

on 3/24/2016 11:16:00 PM

Love this! The "Fair" shade is a very close match to my skin, and this lasts most of the day with only a little touchup. Coverage is medium, and looks natural. Texture feels creamy but not greasy at all, and does not slide off like some BBs and CCs.

I am now 63 with combo skin, and have found this BB works best when I apply my Neutrogena Visibly Even SPF 30 Moisturizer underneath it and let it dry. After I apply the BB cream I set it with a light dusting of loose powder on my cheeks and chin.

My only complaint is the high price, so I either purchase at a CCO outlet a few times a year, or at the Sephora F&F sales in the spring and fall for the 15-20 percent discount.

on 3/14/2016 11:29:00 AM

My second tube! I love it...great for everyday use but it doesnt provide so much coverage

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Price: On sale was cheap, but expensive on the regular (cant justify the repurchase)
Packaging: Good, sleek sturdy plastic squeeze bottle
Texture: Like a medium thickness moisturiser
Colour match: For my neutral to pink toned pale skin, close enough though still a touch dark and a smidge yellow and needs to be blended into neck
I bought this product at a factory for about $15 cheaper then the original price because as a pale person I have a hard time finding a bb cream that is even vaguely light enough. At first you might attempt to apply this with your fingers or a brush. DON'T APPLY IT LIKE THAT. It will be bad, it will sit on the skin like a weird tiny clumped mask that will look unnatural and it will oxidise and set like this. Gross looking, gross feeling. INSTEAD: Grab a beauty blender, whether it be the original or one of its many dupes and get it ready (wet it, squeeze out the water) then apply the bb cream onto the face in little dabby bits, a dot on the front of the cheek, a dot or 3 on around the edges of the face (or like 5, I have big cheeks) and dab and blend with a bouncing movement in with a medium pace, repeat on forehead, nose and neck. Tah Dah, it looks 10 times better, actually looks even natural, wont clump if you blend well, might oxidise a bit. The finished look should be a glowy but not too shiny look with light to medium coverage that's nice if you want the freckles to shine through a bit but even the skintone out.
Use concealer, this wont cover the pimples, lasts pretty well but it is a bb cream. Has spf which is a plus.
Not a HG product and perhaps not the best BB out but pretty good if you use the above technique and can deal with the price tag