Ole Henriksen Truth Serum

Ole Henriksen Truth Serum
Truth SerumTruth Serum

3.4

Water (Aqua), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Calcium Ascorbate, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Oleth-20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Benzophenone-4, Sodium Hyaluronate, Thioctic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Citric Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Fragrance (Parfum), Yellow 5

on 9/19/2002 8:11:00 AM

Just when I was getting ready to lay out some serious money for an expensive serum such as Tracie Martyns or a big bottle of the Jurlique Herbal Recovery Gel, I happened into a small cosmetics boutique that carries the Ole Henriksen line. I saw the serum and having remembered a few comments made about it here on the MUA, I grabbed the tester and tried it out. It smelled of a weird orange blossom scent, but, it also seemed to sink easily into my skin without leaving behind a sticky residue, which I liked. I was also impressed by the ingredient list which was abit similar in nature to a serum I get at Whole Foods with Alpha-Lipoic Acid, Vitamin C and the like. I have used the serum for two days now and I am nothing short of impressed. Who knew I'd find a great serum I'd be so pleased with for around $35?

on 9/21/2002 2:48:00 PM

Very disappointed with this line. I have heard so many great things about Ole... and I am sad to report that this thing not only smells terrible, it also didn't give my skin that glowing feeling.. :( I don't recommend anyone wasting their money to buy this.

As a self-confessed serum addict, I rate this one very highly. It has a lovely, unobtrusive odor and does smoothe out the surface of the face after several weeks worth of usage. One nice aspect is that it doesn't burn in any way and leaves a nice film on the skin. I switched to Ole Henriksen products about 2 months ago and am very pleased with them. They are non-gimmicky as far as I'm concerned and gentle.

oh how i love thee ole. this product is in my top 5 of all time. ole & skinceuticals saved me from a trip to the dermatologist - i couldn't love them more.i'm not sure why people complain about the smell - it smells like oranges - sweeter than burt's bees orange cleanser - more like the bobbi orange cleanser. it's luxurious, moisturizing, and has great packaging (pump). i use this at night and don't need to top it with anything. for our beloved 18 below weather these days, it's extra moisture and worth every penny. as always, page me for more details. continued >>

I have to say I see an immediate difference in my skin when I put this on. Its a serum so it's not greasy and the ingredients are superb. I use it at night and in the morning my skin is soft and even toned, I use it in conjuction with the Sheer transformation creme.

on 9/13/2003 10:42:00 PM

This is the first product I purchased to try to get some vitamin C into my skin care regime. It is a nice serum that has the soft smell of oranges and licorice. I do notice a brightening with this product. I use this at night (except on weekends when I use Philosophy's more intense Save Me)and VP's refining primer during the day. I wish there was a maybe on the would you buy the product again question, because although I like the product, I don't know if I will, since the Philosophy one is more intense and you don't need to use it everyday. This was my first purchase from the Ole Henriksen line so I would purchase his products again. You can find the line at Sephora.com

on 10/4/2003 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

As a self proclaimed skin care junkie, I have to say that this product is more than amazing. First of all, it contains Ester C and Alpha Lipoic acid, which are the ingredients that I spent 2x as much for at Dr. Perricone. Then it has even more antioxidant, like green tea. Plus Hyaluronic Acid, which is my all time favorite hydrating ingredient. I coudln't live without this. I'm also trained as an esthetician, so my advice to the person who broke out would be to stick with it. Sometimes when you add a product to your program that is this active, plus intensly hydrating, you can bring things to the surface. If you keep using it for several weeks, along with a great cleansing program and exfoliation, I'm sure it will subside. Anyway, there is no better deal for $35. It smells and feels delicious.

on 10/22/2003 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have been looking high and low for an all-in-one serum to replace lotions and moisturizers for my oily skin. This serum comes pretty close. I too love the price of this product. It contains more healthy ingredients than pricier brands like dr. brandt, murad, perricone, etc yet is half the cost. My skin glows after applying this and I experienced no breakouts. It has a pleasant fruity/orangey fragrance that fades after application. You can read up on the ingredients on sephora: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P42343&shouldPaginate=true UPDATE: uggg, still love the feel of this serum, but yet again I am starting to experience breakouts. Please don't let this put you off as I am a hopeless case when it comes to skincare!

on 11/12/2003 1:41:00 PM

When I first used this product, I loved it. I was looking for a natural, antioxidant-packed, not-too-expensive serum, and thought I had found it... I really liked the orange smell & the light, quickly-absorbed texture, and it did make my skin glow. However, I have combination, acne-prone skin, and within a week of using this product, I started breaking out (even though on Ole's site, this product is advertised as being for all skin types). It's probably great for anyone w/dry or normal (not breakout prone) skin, but not for me. Too bad...

on 11/17/2003 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really like this product in conjunction with sheer transformation cream. I really love sheer transformation though. I cant beleive a serum could be so mosturizing. I got the pleasure of going to a nordstroms trend show and actually meeting Ole himself and having him analyze my skin. He was dead on about my skin and recommended theese products along with the night gel. All 3 at night and the c & transformation in the AM. I am definently a devotee now! By the way I don't know how old the man is but his skin looks great and he is very nice.....update I am not really impressed anymore I think Ive went through my second bottle now and cant say I have seen a impact from this product as I do the sheer transformation because it I alternate theese products