Desert Essence Coconut Conditioner

Desert Essence Coconut Conditioner

4.1

Not tested on animals

Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract*, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Leaf Extract*, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract*, Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol (Coconut Derived), Behentrimonium Methosulfate (Rapeseed Oil Derived), Coco Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter*, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Cannabis Sativa (Hemp) Seed Oil*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil*, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Coconut Derived), Dehydroacetic Acid, Cetrimonium Chloride, Benzyl Alcohol (Plant Derived), Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate (Fruit Derived), Citric Acid, Fragrance (Parfum).* Certified Organic.

I have Lyme disease and because of that, my skin is ULTRA sensitive to most things! This is one conditioner that is just wonderful! The scent is sooo nice! I love how silly it leaves my hair too, not too much so that its greasy..but enough. I know the price isn't as low as it could be, I paid $8 for my bottle, but it's worth it! I promise!

on 2/22/2016 2:23:00 AM

DWonderful product. Smells great, detangles, moisturizes without weight and helps with styling. My dry over processed hair will hold curls after using this. Also, organic natural ingredients. I have tried everything..am a hair product junkie, and after trying this I am throwing out most my "collection" Price is very low ,for a product this great. Beats any pricy salon product I have tried...and I tried alot! Can also be used lightly as a leave in. Quite concentrated, little goes long way. Hair left soft, silky, with body, shine and super tropical scent.

To Read all 43 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/1/2016 9:46:00 AM

I was on Vitacost.com recently, and wanted to get my purchase to the point of free shipping, which I typically try to do at any site that offers it, within reason. This had good reviews, and I love the smell of coconut, so I purchased it. Now, first, about my hair--I have extremely dry/sensitized ends worsened by extremely hard water with no softener. I find that I have to use a lot of product when I use this. It doesn't seem to have the slip I'm used to with other conditioners. It smells kind of funky, but for some reason, it actually smells decent on my hair (go figure). It detangles my hair pretty well, but it doesn't really seem "conditioned" to me. Just detangled. But if I was in a bind, I would probably purchase it again because it's inexpensive.
UPDATE 2/29/16: The tube indicates this will stay fresh for 6 months. It is sulfate free, paraben free, and I suspect, preservative free, or the preservative they use isn't effective. Mine has already turned rancid after about 6 weeks. I haven't been using it every day because I don't like it that much, and now I can't use it.

on 8/2/2015 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I really like this conditioner. It smells great and moisturizes my hair really well. I have a lot of fine hair with only the littlest bit of wave (about a step up from stick straight). A lot of conditioners are too heavy for my hair but the ones for volumizing are usually not moisturizing enough. This one doesn't weigh my hair down at all. I do still use a tiny bit of argan oil after blow drying. I've bought it a few times and will continue to.

on 5/18/2015 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have tried so very, very hard to love this conditioner. I found it difficult to believe that it just wasn't providing any moisture and was making my hair feel rough, so I kept trying. I used it before my latest highlighting touch up, and then again after. I even put it away for a month and then tried again. Same effect each time - terribly dry, rough hair that is hard to comb out. Maybe my hair just hates coconut oil, period. I can't stand how my hair feels after I use the real stuff on it.

My hair has been through a lot since stopping birth control a little over a year ago. I lost about 50% of the volume. I'm only now starting to notice regrowth (started falling out in June 2014). My hair is also highlighted. Wavy. Brown, naturally. Fair skin.

on 4/6/2015 8:08:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have 2c, coarse, low porosity, normal elasticity and low-med density hair.

I purchased this since I could only purchase the 2 bottles left of my HG Alba Botanica Volumizing Conditioner on iHerb to lessen the shipping fee. I've read rave reviews about this, although I also read that the new formula is nowhere as good as the old one.

I use only one conditioner to cowash, as RO and LI. Multiple products gives me headache. I usually use a mousse with -cones that requires at least cetrimonium chloride to wash out with cowash, but I've been busting out my DIY okra gel.

Now, that gel is a real test. That's my first attempt on DIY hair styler with a lot of hold. I did get a lot hold, but it makes my hair so hard and crunchy as heck. Fortunately for me, mixing it with conditioner, ergo turning it into a hair styling cream, actually turns it into a great styling product for my wavy hair.

This conditioner cleans my scalp nicely and leaves my (wet) hair feeling silky, also gives my hair the body it needs. But despite of baptismal rinsing and putting some back into my hair as LI, my dry hair (I air-dry) still feels a bit rough. Granted, I've been neglecting pre-wash oil treatment and hair mask for quite a while now, but it doesn't happen with my regular standby: Alba Botanica Volumizing Conditioner and The Body Shop Banana Conditioner. Smoothing a dab of oil resolves the issue somewhat, but it doesn't feel as soft as with the other 2 mentioned.

It still does clump my waves nicely, though. So I guess I'll just be using it up and praying to the universe that iHerb and/or Vitacost will restock the Alba Botanica Volumizing Conditioner again. I originally would rate this product 3.5 at best. But since I see quite a bit potential to make it workable without too much effort, guess I can be generous to round it up.

I may repurchase, but it's definitely not a staple.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

My new favourite conditioner, hands down. I have been using Jessicurl's conditioner Too Shea for a long time, but I have now started using this. All other conditioners left my hair either dry, tangled or greasy - who would have thought a conditioner this cheap would perform so well? Both Too Shea and this have shea butter in them, an ingredient that my hair really likes. They both have similar scents as well, Too Shea being more like a tropical orange-coconut scent and this pure coconut. I like that this comes in a tube instead of a bottle, it means I can get the last bit out easier.

This makes my hair really soft, untangles and makes my hair smell wonderful, for 6 dollars instead of 22 dollars! Highly recommend it.

on 7/31/2014 11:11:00 AM

I want to start off by saying I have very dry frizzy wavy thick hair. Its not damaged because I havent used heat or color in a really long time ita just naturally dry. I always used higher end shampoos and conditioner and leave ins serums etc. because well they made my hair feel and look like a million bucks. But after time I think my hair got sick of all the proteins and silicones And the harsh sulfates it started breaking and it was just horrid. I was watching youtube veidoes like always and decided Id give this the coconut duo a try because it got a lot of good reviews. (and I def wanted to go more natural with my haircare)The smell is FANTASTIC. IM addicted to coconut,vanilla ,pina coolada, tropical type scents so Im in love. The conditioner is pretty thick out the tube..thicker than I anticipated for being silicone free but it spreads evenly and detangles like a champ and when I rinse it out after about 10 minutes my hair feels like pure SILK!!!! its already kinda soaked into my hair and I can tell an automatic difference in the texture of my hair. From dry knots to silky smooth locks. I bought mine from my local vitamin shoppe for 8.43 including tax. I think its a great price for such an amazing product thats safer and healthier to your hair without all the added bad crap. Love the shampoo as well but wouldnt recomend using that all the time if you have oily hair as it will build up quick and make ya look greaseball status! Would deff recomend to everyone with dry hair! Its not amazing or the best but for being natural and not relying on silicones and heavy emollients or silkening proteins its damn good!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff smells wonderful! no silicones and is moisturizing! I only use a pea size amount on my ends and the softness is unreal!

on 4/29/2014 4:50:00 PM

I just finished the tube and don't think I'll repurchase it. I bought it based on reviews because I wanted something natural, silicon free and moisturizing but this one didn't really work for me. It makes my hair a little hard to comb thru and detangle and didn't feel moisturized and soft like I was expecting. I don't really like the fragrance either, it smells a little chemically to me not like real coconut, it reminds me of suave coconut conditioner.