Vaseline Petroleum Jelly with cocoa butter

Vaseline Petroleum Jelly with cocoa butter
Vaseline with Cocoa Butter

4.6

Petrolatum, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Fragrance.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Sigh... I am a huge fan of vaseline for my very acne-prone face. You'd be amazed how well of a job it does at locking in moisture if applied to damp skin. The petroleum jelly never clogs my pores...which is surprising given all the emollient ingredients that do. Cocoa butter is one of those moisturizing agents that turn my skin into break out city. :( It seems like all plant based ingredients clog my pores. Shea butter, cocoa butter, coconut derivatives...ect.

The cocoa butter in this is what killed it for me. IF *you* can tolerate cocoa butter, all the more power to you. I wish I could use it because cocoa butter IS very nourishing & hydrating. Skincare is very your-mileage-may-vary.

For one, this smells so good. It's of course scented like cocoa butter, but like vanilla-y and creamy ;-; It's very smooth and moisturizing, I feel that other petroleum jellies can be a bit more thick. This one feels very light and feels slightly more greasy than other petroleum jellies I've tried. But I dig it, makes my lips and skin so smooth and I can't get over the smell 😻😻

To Read all 78 Reviews, Login or Join

I would definitely buy this again. I use this for dry spots on my body. put this on my lips to make it smooth. I put this on my brows and lashes, it makes them grow longer and thicker.

on 3/27/2016 4:13:00 AM

SUCH A GOOD MOISTURIZER!!! i have bouts of dry skin, and ive used every lotion and oil i could get my hands on. (oil works as a my daily product, this is my intensive treatment) and it smells ah-mazing. for about $5 this is super affordable, and will lasts a very long time. i use this for everything, elbows, knees, hands and feet and it makes my skin super soft. i also use this when i need to exfoliate my lips, and i put it on the corners of my mouth and nose. i look at other healing ointment and its higher price tag, ie cerave, about $22 and the main ingredient is petroletum, and fillers so why not get one that is pure petroleum for so much less

on 12/18/2015 11:34:00 PM

This is the first review I've ever written. This product was recommended to me by my friend who noticed how chapped my lips were. I made sure I got it the next time I went to the pharmacy and I am SO glad I did. Not only did I use it on my lips (which by the way were immediately soothed and soft), but I also decided to apply a thin coat over my feet and wore socks. Literally an hour later I took the socks off and my feet were completely transformed. I am never using any moisturiser ever again. The texture and smell is great, it's easy to spread and goes not feel heavy or greasy on the skin. Just an overall womderful experience :)

on 11/7/2015 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

To be honest, I had this for a year or two and HATED it. I put it away as it was almost finished anyway, used it again an I love it.

I think the MAJOR difference now is that I use A LOT less.
Using less it give me such better results. My skin has that glowy look I want but doesn't feel greasy, heavy or like it's just sitting on top of my skin.
Ive been liking it more when my humidifier is on.
Petroleum is an emollient and is meant to trap water to keep it on the skins surface and keep it moisturized.
If the air is dry it may not feel as moisturizing and your skin may feel greasy/has a film but dehydrated and that could be the reason.
I also LOVE the scent of this. A nice sort of chocolate scent.
I've used the matching lotion of this line and it has that same scent but after using the lotion more the scent smelled so... Synthetic. Perhaps the other ingredients aged differently and the scent changed whereas this still has that cocoa butter smell and doesn't have a synthetic scent

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I don't like to wear foundation during the summer so I usually rub this in over my moisturizer. I find that pore minimizing products leave my skin looking too matte. All day my face looks fresh and more youthful. People look disgusted when I tell them what I use on my skin. Vaseline!?

I use it on my armpits after showering, because I have dry looking uglies.

I use it on the end of my hair in the winter. Static is horrid during New England winters.

My husband, if he runs out of his usual brilliantine...which is rare find in my area, uses it to groom his hair. It looks great. He his the best hair. Smells fantastic!

When I apply spray tan, barrier cream just does not work for some clients. Especially bartenders! Vaseline is a guarantee that don't get any staining whatsoever. I use it on the threads on the applicator canister as well.

Winter lips. Dry legs. Dry hands.

I keep a mini with my make up and a mini in my bag.

I could go on with all of the uses, but I think I've made my point.

on 7/17/2015 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

this stuff is my jam, for real. i only use it on my lips and it moisturizes them super well. i have the cute little baby container that i've been getting into and an unopened bigger version of it that i haven't gotten to yet because the baby container has lasted me about a year so far. you don't need a lot so it'll last for a very long time.

i don't know when the flip-top attached lid became a thing, but it is neat.
the CVS-brand Lavender And Chamomile Petroleum Jelly tub i have just has the regular old-fashioned lid, so maybe it is a name-brand thing?

anyhoo. bought this based on rave reviews, and because i like the smell of cocoa butter.

this smells awful. it smells like coconut (i hate the smell of coconut!)... i tried just using it on my feet, and then in socks, but i could still smell the stink.

my mom liked it, so i gave it to her.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I use this, my husband uses this and I've used this on my daughter for the past 3 years. i love it. It's simple and great.

Popular Other Products