Clearasil Rapid Action Treatment Cream

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Clearasil Rapid Action Treatment Cream

2.3

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

This is a light cream BHA treatment that is worth trying if you have dry and/or sensitive skin with mild acne and/or blackheads. As a spot treatment it's not gonna do much so I'd say if you've got a giant serious zit that you want to obliterate in 4 hours then go get some calamine lotion and use that as a spot treatment instead (be prepared to deal with a big fat whitehead that's easy to pop but hard to cover for days due to dryness). Similarly, if you have cystic acne this stuff is not gonna do crap for you and certainly not in 4 hours! It takes months to clear serious acne and you need something more than BHA for that...

Anyways, this is 1 of only 2 BHA treatments worth buying in the US according to BeautyPedia. Paula gives it a "good" rating due to the fact that it doesn't contain irritants and has a ph of 4, which is low enough for it to effectively treat zits and blackheads (it didn't get a "best" due to the lack of anti-irritants). The other one would be Clean&Clear's Advantage Oil Absorbing Treatment. <------I haven't tried that one because so far, I like this one a lot! It smells good, and I find it non irritating on my sensitive skin (only BHA I've ever used that didn't cause redness!). I really love how it feels like a lotion.

BTW this stuff appears to have undergone a redesign in packaging--or at least they're also now selling it in a 4 oz tube that claims its for face, chest and back--but it is still the same formula as the one Paula reviewed. I got it for around $12 at cvs.

on 10/15/2013 11:57:00 AM

As a recent acne sufferer I have been trying out different products to see what best suits my skin. Prior to trying this spot treatment I had tried the Clean & Clear spot treatment; this treatment did absolutely nothing for me - I saw no change in the zit (size, redness, texture). This treatment didn't even sting when I applied it; didn't work for my skin.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I bought this product to combat a sudden breakout on my chin. I've been using it two or three times a day for around a week and there has really been no change at all, and certainly no change within four hours. Considering that my breakout hasn't even started to subside normally, I would wonder if this cream is possibly making it *worse*. I won't be using this anymore and I won't purchase it again. In fact, I'm throwing it away.

I have been using this product for a few months now. No, it does not reduce pimple size and redness in 4 hours, as it claims. But, it does help pimples go away much quicker than without any product. It's been working well, but it does bring dry, flaky skin after about 1 week of daily use on the spot, but that goes away with moisturiser. I might repurchase if other spot treatments don't work as well. :)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I've been using this for a really long time, and I thought that it would be the best thing out there esp. since it's pretty pricey compared to Clean & Clear/Neutrogena, but it's not that great.

I slather it on at least once a day after washing my face, and it still breaks out sometimes.

There's no cloying scent, and the product goes on well, it's just a little disappointing. Can't wait to finish up the last tube I'll ever buy & move onto a new product.

on 10/18/2011 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I don't understand why clearasil would make a claim that it'll disappear in 4 hours when the pimple does not actually disappear at all.. stupid.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I get a few pimples on my forehead and around my chin from time to time, and this just did absolutely nothing for me. I was a bit skeptical about the 4 hour claim (says it will reduce the appearance of them in 4 hours), but I personally didn't notice anything happen. I followed the instructions and applied a thin layer of this and it didn't dry out, reduce or make my pimples less red. I tried it out for several days too hoping it would somehow work. I had better luck using toothpaste on pimples than with this. Comes in a 15g tube that is worth your money, but it just didn't do much for me.

on 2/22/2011 11:31:00 PM

I bought the tinted one. The first time I put this on my face, it worked and I was thrilled. My blemishes really did decrease in size and redness in around 4 hours. However, I have no idea what happened, but it looks like it stopped working! I put it on a pimple now and it seems to have no effect on it. Could it be that my skin got used to it? I have no idea. I'm going to give it another try and see if I change my mind. It would be a shame for that 10% benzoyl peroxide to go to waste.