L.A. Girl PRO Conceal HD Concealer

L.A. Girl PRO Conceal HD Concealer

3.8

Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Beeswax (Cera Alba) Stearyl Dimethicone, Isododecane, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Glyceryl Laurate, Polyglyceryl-4 Oleate, Mica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Chamomilla Recutita Extract, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Hyaluronate, MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxides, (CT 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

on 6/30/2017 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

The formulation of this felt a bit on the dry side of creamy (more water based than silicone or oil based) with a fairly quick dry time. There is no tackiness so powder didn't cake on afterwards. The lasting power was about 4-6 hours for me after which my redness shone through. It's very sheer coverage so it's not really a good concealer in my opinion but is almost a heavy foundation. I have rosacea on my cheeks and I end up comparing everything to MAC's pro longwear concealer in NC42 which works the best coverage wise for me. This is sheerer than MAC and doesn't last as long. I found it didn't build well so it took longer than I would like to get any sort of coverage, and as you applied a new layer the old layer re-liquified and wanted to move. As a result I really hated using the correctors. I also found if I heavily powdered this creased much more than MAC. There's also no additional "agents" in this so you would definitely need a primer or well prepped skin before using and I can see this being very drying giving poor results if you have dry/unprepped skin. They do have a lot of colors though and I found a perfect match for both my winter and summer skin no blending required which almost never happens.

These were hard to find in Canada and I do some freelance makeup so I bought the full series along with correctors to add to my kit. It wasn't unreasonably priced but I kind of regret it. The brush tip is a terrible delivery mechanism that requires way too much work to keep clean and use without contamination.

After reading rave reviews, I couldn't help but try it out - especially at under $3. I got "light ivory" and the color was a medium orangey color. Nowhere at all near an ivory and very unnatural looking. Can't comment on staying power as I removed it immediately, but from initial application it didn't seem to offer much coverage. Threw it out!

on 6/28/2017 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is an okay concealer if you don't need to conceal much...I agree with the reviews that say it works better for contouring and highlighting..I have the yellow shade. I think it works better at evening out my skin tone over a larger area, like under the eye (but it's not great at doing that either really), than it does for spot concealing. I've tried several times to cover up acne and red spots with this stuff and it's not effective. The coverage just isn't there.

on 6/19/2017 3:40:00 AM

These concealers come in an array of shades and are reasonably priced. While I do not use these concealers directly for concealing (personally I like using more heavy duty concealers), they are definitely great for highlighting, contouring and neutralizing any pigmentation (see the orange, green, lavender shades). If you just want light concealing, then I think these would work fine. They're definitely a product you should give a try and find your own verdict with.

on 6/13/2017 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I like this but i don't love it.. it's not full coverage in my opinion i just feel like it's light to medium coverage as a concealer. not worth the hype

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this concealer, I can use it both for under eyes and my face, it works better than any drugstore option and it super affordable. I like that it has a brush applicator because I use that to blend under my eyes. I do not need to set with powder. It also does not crease under my eyes which is super important to me.

on 6/5/2017 10:23:00 AM

I love this product, I haven't tried the actual concealer shades, however I have the color correction ones (Green, orange, and white for brightening) and I love them! They are super easy to blend out and they cover up so easily!

on 6/5/2017 10:06:00 AM

It is so cakey that it creases a lot.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I love these. They have helped with correcting my foundation shades sooo much otherwise I would be limited by brands of what foundations I would be able to wear. The ones I use the most frequent are the green and yellow. I also have the peach, orange, white, and light yellow, 2 beige shades. I have the RMS corrector palate and the graftobian palate but since those are artist brands they are better off used with my cream and artist brands foundations. These work very well with Liquid foundation on a day to day basis. I am interested in getting the MUFE Artist Palate with all the colors and also trying out YABY brand liquid correctors. I don't have terrible skin or very serious circles or any anything that needs heavy covering on a regular basis so I can't speak to their ability to mask serious canceling needs, but I do like the peach and the yellow for under eye circles, although I have use my Bobbi Brown Peach corrector and Bobbi Brown under eye concealer for that mostly. Mac makes a lovely concealer wand with a peach and yellow on it that last a very long time and is easy to use and travel wit. (I end up doing most of my makeup in the car so I appreciate products like this) I usually stock up on several of the core colors at once and if you can't find it in a actual store you can usually find it online for a good price.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Not everything will work for everyone. I got this in four shades including the orange! Oh the horror, that shade won't blend with nothing, not even if you mix it. It gave me Millia. Then I saw the peach one and was too scared to buy it and put it back. My darkness is very brown *ugh*, people will ask me if I'm sick, the only thing that covers me so far is the Bobbi Brown Creamy concealer and corrector, shades Warm Honey and Dark peach. I hate liquid concealers, I'm 41 pushing 42 so I love the creaminess that it gives to my under eye area. I hate that LA Girl concealer and I regret having four shades!!!