L.A. Girl PRO Conceal HD Concealer

L.A. Girl PRO Conceal HD Concealer

3.9

Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Beeswax (Cera Alba) Stearyl Dimethicone, Isododecane, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Glyceryl Laurate, Polyglyceryl-4 Oleate, Mica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Chamomilla Recutita Extract, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Hyaluronate, MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxides, (CT 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

on 7/28/2016 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Let me start with - for the price, this concealer is a 5. I would say that the texture and feel is comparable to my beloved marc jacobs concealer, however there are a few little things that I think the brand can improve. I think these things have already been discussed so I'd hope the brand would take advantage and make some improvements.

About me - combo more on the dry side sensitive skin. Fair to the point that I can see veins and my freckles (on my face) are pink. Yeah, its awesome when although your skin veers more neutral your face decides it really would rather be pinkish red. Whatev.

Details - it is a liquid product, like I said, similar to the marc jacobs liquid concealer pens which are concealer gold if you ask me. This concealer is very pigmented and in my opinion does a great job at sticking to the skin and providing coverage to those more difficult areas. In my opinion the line (the ones I have tried) run on the cooler side, so be skeptical when choosing a shade and maybe try a few to find the right tone. It is in a squeeze tube with a brush applicator tip. This is very much like the old(?) makeup forever concealers just without the little click bottom. I don't really hate the brush applicator but the tube itself is awkward to squeeze out product and can lead to oversqueezing. My other thing is that while I know there is a fair amount of product in the tube, I feel like they are kind of empty and that more product could have been provided in the tubes. Maybe its just me.

Color range - so, I mentioned this, the products are a tad cooler than I expected. I originally grabbed classic ivory and that was veryyyyyy pinky-orange and too dark. I now use it as a color corrector. I now use the shade porcelain as my main concealer and it is beautiful - a bit more yellow based to brighten me up without looking strange. I also have the green corrector which works well. PLEASE NOTE the green corrector really clings to where you put it - not in a bad way, because these all blend well, it just doesn't move around. It is also very pigmented so be wary or else you may end up looking like the evil witch from oz.

Wear - not dewy but not matte these seem to really set and don't really transfer like I'd have expected. That being said I really recommend using a beauty blender with bouncing motions to get a nice look. I have seen them get a little creasy but not in an apparent way. Its me just being in over-analyzation mode. I have baked and not baked and don't notice a terrible difference in appearance which to me is a plus. I will add that my skin is super sensitive (annoyingly so) and I have yet to see any kind of reaction or change in my skin. There have been a few pimples but I am not prepared to say it was anything more than hormones that caused those. Time will tell, as a reaction usually means cysts and a sort of pattern where the product was placed.

Longevity - well, hmmmm, it isn't great but isn't the worst. I wear this with a high coverage foundation so from that it gets a little assistance. On their own they seem to dissipate so I sometimes throw in some maybelline face studio concealer. They are truly beautiful for the price but the wear is tricky and can be improved in my opinion.

Price - I bought mine for like $3.99. On the site they are listed for $5. I don't know what happened there.

To sum it up - they look really pretty, sit relatively well and don't look cakey despite some creasing. The colors take a little bit of fumbling with to find a good match but no complaints once you find the right shade for you. I am even considering getting a darker shade to contour with. However, the packaging is funky - sometimes hard to use, the product can take a little effort to blend, longevity is wonky and inconsistent; and, I think they could put more product in the tube. As I would've guessed it has its pros and cons. I still would recommend it and intend to purchase again.

on 7/26/2016 4:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I heard about this product and thought I would give it a go. It's about $12 in New Zealand, so it's the same price as my favourite Maybelline Fit Me concealer. I bought the shade Light Ivory, and let me tell you, it is ORANGE. It is also very difficult to blend. When "fully" blended with a beauty blender it leaves shiny spots all over my under eyes. It also creases like crazy. It doesn't really do much to even cover my dark circles. What a waste of $12.

To Read all 291 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/15/2016 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I like that its not a cakey, fake looking or drying. I wear makeup for a natural look and this does the job well. But my concern is that in hot weather whether it's humid or not, this won't stay put and just fades, as for my oily skin. I feel it may work better in cold seasons or if one is staying in a.c. It looks good in photos too. Doesn't like the smell so much (rusted iron smell). I have the colours in pure beige (highlight) and fawn(warming up the face)

on 7/12/2016 4:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I am still on my search of perfect face product. I've never used anything on my face aside from moisturizer and sunscreen. But as I grow older, I feel like I need a little coverage. Since foundation or powder can be a little annoying since I have oily skin and it is very humid and hot where I live. So, I feel like concealer is a briliant idea. I found this concealer online. And everyone says it's affordable and amazing. The packaging is okay, until you have to struggle to get the product out of the tube. The brush kinda makes my skin itchy and the concealer has a smell that can be a little unconfortable. But the concealer itself is actually not bad. It covers my acne scar and tiny bumps. And it stays on for a long time. However, when my skin gets too oily, it will oxidize.

on 7/7/2016 11:11:00 PM

I honesly swear by this product! I love it.

on 7/7/2016 7:26:00 PM

This product was good when I first tried it out. However, it's hard to blend and the packaging is terrible, but it's very cheap (the price) so I can't really judge it.

This concealer oxidized HORRIBLY! I looked extremely orange wherever I had applied it. Won't repurchase.

on 7/5/2016 4:13:00 AM

Now don't get me wrong I can see why people LOVE this product unfortunately I'm prone to cystic acne and sometimes, no matter how much I would love to continue to use a product, I just have to stop using it.

First of all the coverage is nice, it's actually made me wear less foundation as I find this conceals any redness or pimple I have coming on and therefore can opt for a lighter layer of foundation which I'm always thankful for.

I like the packaging and found I never dispense more than I need, I wouldn't use the brush to attempt to blend it but a beauty blender or sponge works perfect.

Like I said, unfortunately whilst I like the product, it doesn't like me, I'd definitely recommend this to a friend who isn't as prone to break outs, just for me having such tricky and picky skin its a no go.

on 7/4/2016 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Pros - good coverage, alot comes in the tube, it does what it says and it lasts.
Cons - I get a little creasing but ive found that I can minimise that by ensuring that I dont put any setting powder under the eye area( Crazy huh?)

I also use it as highlight for my browbone. And it works great.
Ive repurchased it twice already.
I think im going to get a colour slightly darker than toffee to blend whenever I want a flawless look, but no highlight. Toffee is a slight tad peachy but I find that in incredibly, it somehow neutralises and blends right into my skin after application. I wouldnt recommend using the applicator brush to blend this in though. Fingers work great.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hands down; the best thing that happened to my makeup collection. The price is so friendly and the product is excellent.

I am an NC35/NC40 -- depending how tan or lighter I am. I use the corrective yellow to highlight, the corrective green to reduce redness around my nose and red blemishes, and the color "Toast" to contour my cheeks. I start off with LA Girl Pro Prep Primer and then the concealers. After blending I cover them with my MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC40.

Great results. Fresher look. You know you did your makeup right when your dad compliments your look and asks what you did differently.

It dries up quickly so it's important to work on sections and blend quickly. A little dot goes a long way and I'm really impressed with the staying power. It does not slide, cake, or oxidize throughout the day; and most importantly-- it does not break me out!

Sooooo happy with it yay!

Skin: Very Dry, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This concealer was recommended to my sister by a model. My sister uses this concealer religiously for highlight and contour without any foundation. By the time she is finished with these products, she is a showstopping stunner. So, I picked one up in Chestnut and as I placed it to highlight under my eye, I could not breathe. I was so excited. The shade, texture, consistency, blendability and application were excellent! And it was absolute perfection in photos as compared to some of my other concealers.

I immediately headed to Youtube only to find so many Youtube gurus recommend as a holy grail drugstore concealer. I picked up some more shades, both lighter and darker for different effects and different seasons: Chestnut, Fawn, Espresso, Dark cocoa, Mahogany and Beautiful Bronze. As a dark-skinned woman, it is great to find a concealer dark enough to contour with (mahogany) which is extremely rare. Moreover, as a makeup artist, it is lovely to have such a variety of shades for all complexions especially dark skin which typically have one or two shades in any range despite the wide variety of shades of dark skin (although this is steadily changing). When I use these concealers, I often use use fawn to clean/sculpt my brows, chestnut to highlight my under eye and mahogany to contour.

As an artist that has tried drugstore, high-end, beauty supply store and indie brand concealers, these are some of the best! My absolute favorites are NARS and Kevyn Aucoin concealers but these are definitely an excellent product for the price and I keep several back-ups.