Avon Nail Experts Strong Results Length & Strength Complex

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Avon Nail Experts Strong Results Length & Strength Complex
Nail Experts Strong Results Length & Strength Complex

4.2

Water, Sd Alcohol 40-b, Butylene Glycol, Parfum/fragrance, Triethanolamine, 2-methylpropanal, Citric Acid, Tartaric Acid, Xanthan Gum, Panthenol, Hyaluronic Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Diamond Powder.

on 10/12/2016 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I just wanted to say that as far as hardening products go, it has significantly hardened my nails.

The type of nails that I have are breaking, peeling, even bending nails that are very see through and not even translucent.

To really get this product in action, it is best to rub it into the nail and massage your cuticles to get your blood circulation going.

Also, I noticed that since using this product after applying cuticle oil and cuticle cream, it gives a nice hard layer over the nail to prevent further breakage and actually has made my nails grow longer than they ever usually do.

For all of my life I have always had "man hands" basically hands that have very little nails on them, by little I mean close to none. They would always break, split, and peel. Since using this, my finger nails are for once starting to look beautiful again.

Would definitely buy again.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Avon Strong Results Complex is a nail treatment that promises to harden, repair, and promote nail growth. This is a product Iíve used on and off for atleast 6 years. Itís available from Avon for $6 or 7, but I usually pick several up when theyíre on sale for $2.99. Avon advises applying this product twice a day for fourteen days to achieve maximum results, however I use this as part of my daily routine. I apply two coats of this treatment, three times a day, as well as before painting nails, and after removing polish or trimming nails. This is excellent at hardening nails. I almost never have a break, though I do still have a small amount of peeling on my thumb nails. Iím not sure if this actually causes nails to grow as much as makes nails less prone to breakage. As for removing staining it works for small patches of discoloration but doesnt do much for major staining.
It has a slightly oily consistency and sits atop nails for about 20 seconds before sinking in. I donít find that this hs an offensive, nail polish-y smell, but a slightly sweet, chemically smell.
I recommend this for a daily nail treatment of if youíre looking for a nail hardener that provides a bit of length.

on 4/4/2011 2:25:00 PM

Funniest thing about this product is I'd bought it at least 5 years ago based off reviews fromt he web and didn't use it correctly or long enough (2-4 weeks) and so I tossed it. Too bad I didn't know what I had, I could have had lovely nails all the sooner! Most recently, I bought this on ebay after seeing it in a nail care routine tutorial on youtube from linda165 (youtube search:My Nail Care+ Basic French Manicure)As with all nail products (biotin,gelatin, cuticle oil, etc) I am likely abusing/over using this. I am a recpetionist and apply this liberally several time (like 18+) over the 8 hr work day. I just keep it at my desk and apply all the time under my nails and along cuticles as the OPI Axxium gel grows out, pretty much anywhere raw unpolished nail is exposed so it can soak in. Every time I was my hands this is the first thing to go on after then cuticle oil then hand lotion. It really helps to adhere the skin to the nail. I used to get substantial nail growth but it would never adhere to the nailbed, and my nail line was always at the same point regardless of nail growth. Not anymore. This stuff smells like a chocolate or licorice concentrate but it fades away and the results are worth the gross smell. just keep with it and you'll notice the wuality of growth is so much better than before. The only thing negative (besides the initial smell) is the packaging which has since been redone - but my old rounded style bottle - again purchased from ebay - the new style is square and likely fixed - but I twisted mine too tight when closing it and snapped off the top - while it still twisted closed it leaked out all over my purse. So yeah - be gentle hahaha

I try to make most of my beauty product purchases based on good reviews or if it is on sale I will buy it to try it.
This nail treatment got good reviews on here as well as the Avon site, but I did not like it at all.I thought it was cool how it just "absorbed" into my nail, but now I am thinking it just evaporated because it did absolutly nothing for my nails. It smells like coco or something. Maybe it will work for someone who already has nice nails, but it did not help me grow mine out.

on 11/19/2009 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This stuff all but stopped the flaking on my nails, It didn't bleach the yellow staining, but it has hardened my nails to the point they don't flex all the time, however they are a touch brittle and my cuticle is now impossible to push back. It has become explosion proof.

On the whole, I like the product. I did pay attn to how it is to be used, you paint one or two coats on per day for a week.

You have to have naked nails to do it, and it sinks in, doesn't look polished at all.

I don't want to do another treatment for fear of my nails getting too brittle. One tiny flake since I did this almost 2.5 weeks ago.

I will probably use this up over time as needed and it was a good purchase. I put yes for rebuying, but that will take a long time, since I won't redo the treatment too often for fear of having a shattered nail (which sometimes happens with hardening products)

EDITED TO ADD: Its been a couple of weeks since my one week long treatment period. I've purposefully left my nails naked to see how this goes. Nor have I repeated the treatment.

Staining all gone (probably the nail stuff here, but also just leaving them naked)

Flaking is back again, on my worst nail, (right index) but nothing elsewhere, and even though a big flake occurred 2 days ago, this is still not as bad as before.

I plan to buy a glass file, and see if that helps a bit, and start applying polish again. Even if this is all the progress I'll see from one weeks treatment it's been worth it.

Recommended.

on 12/9/2008 2:47:00 PM

This stuff is absolutely fabulous. After years of wearing acrylic nails I gave them up but am still suffering the consequences. At times my nails are very soft and break easily, other times they are dry and brittle. This is the only formula I have tried where I have seen a noticeable (and quick) improvement in the condition and length of my nails. I have tried several Sally Hansen products as well as OPI's Nail Envy and both were disappointing. In just a week my nails were stronger, longer and healthier looking. The price can't be beat. A must have!

on 8/5/2006 10:43:00 PM

This stuff seems to seep into the nails and disappear. After several days (I'd say over a week) of regular usage, it does seem to help. I have week, bendy nails prone to splitting and chipping, and this stuff keeps them more or less intact as long as I use it. BUT you can't wear anything else on your nails so it's a trade off. Super cheap and better than most nail "strengtheners" I've tried that are more like clear nail polish and don't help.

Well, looks like I'm in the vast minority on this product. Upon using this product I found that it dried out my nails and made them very brittle. Everytime I would use this, the day after I would break a nail. At first I thought it was a fluke. Then I looked at the ingredients and the main ingredient in this was Alcohol. So, that could explain why it made my nails brittle & very dry. Wish it worked for me, but it won't, so no repurchase.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This past winter my nails started to chip and peel. I bought this and applied it 2X a day for a week and it does help protect and strengthen the nail. You cannot use nail polish over this. So what I do now is use alternate this for 5 days and then wear nail polish for 7 days. I also will apply this to the back of the nail when I wear nail polish and find it to be very helpful. If your nails are really bad, try two coats of this 2X a day front and back of nail.

on 10/8/2005 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Ok I really like this stuff, its a nail conditioner and it absorbs right into the nail. I love the smell of this product, it smells like cocoa, but if u smell it right out of the bottle it has a perfume scent to it.My nails look so much better after i use it, and it makes my nails feel smooth and soft on the surface. I've only been using it a few days so its to soon to tell if its making them strong or longer just yet but i'll keep u updated.

Popular Treatments