Avon Nail Experts Strong Results Length & Strength Complex

Avon Nail Experts Strong Results Length & Strength Complex
Nail Experts Strong Results Length & Strength Complex

4.3

Water, Sd Alcohol 40-b, Butylene Glycol, Parfum/fragrance, Triethanolamine, 2-methylpropanal, Citric Acid, Tartaric Acid, Xanthan Gum, Panthenol, Hyaluronic Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Diamond Powder.

on 10/1/2007 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

i work a lot with water and my nails have never been any good. See the reviews, I bought this and it just made my nails worse. My nails never peeled off or chipped this easy or bent to those shapes. It took me a month after I stopped using this product for my nails to get back to a little healthier state.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My nails tend to chip and peel constantly, especially when I clip them. I used this once or twice a day for 10 days, and at first it looked like it was healing, but then I cut my nails again, and it peeled even more than before. It's a good concept, having the treatment absorb into your nail instead of putting another layer on, but unfortunately it made my nails worse.

Well, looks like I'm in the vast minority on this product. Upon using this product I found that it dried out my nails and made them very brittle. Everytime I would use this, the day after I would break a nail. At first I thought it was a fluke. Then I looked at the ingredients and the main ingredient in this was Alcohol. So, that could explain why it made my nails brittle & very dry. Wish it worked for me, but it won't, so no repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I've only started using this product since yesterday so i dont really know how well it'll work however, i will update every few days.

the first day, there was no real improvement, of course.
the second day, there was still no real improvement. they all still seem very fragie and prone to breaking and splitting.

I try to make most of my beauty product purchases based on good reviews or if it is on sale I will buy it to try it.
This nail treatment got good reviews on here as well as the Avon site, but I did not like it at all.I thought it was cool how it just "absorbed" into my nail, but now I am thinking it just evaporated because it did absolutly nothing for my nails. It smells like coco or something. Maybe it will work for someone who already has nice nails, but it did not help me grow mine out.

on 3/20/2009 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

day 2 of using this product, will use 2x/day for a week and will update on the outcome. I have not ever had nail tips/fake nails - my nails are a mess, because i wash my hands and wear vinyl gloves for work,nails are peeling/splittling constantly. there was a product by loreal call 10 day stronger nails, it was cheap and it worked, but sadly is no longer available. since then i have used everything: all of the sally hensen treatemnt, nail envy by opi, china glaze, revlon calcium nail treatment, nail tec, orly nail treatment, pretty much any nail treatment one can buy at rite aid or ulta, as appearex, and hair/nail vitamins. I even went to whole foods and used their "organic" nail polish treatment. despite all of this the peeling, breaking, splitting continues.

as mentioned in prior in post this is more like a nail oil than polish, the smell in the bottle is strong, but it dries non-sticky and odorlfree. More to come in a few days

UPDATE: It has been 4 days since I started, happy to report no new peeling, the white tips of my nails look brighter to

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a strange product. The smell is unbearable - worse than NP remover! But the brush is a short, little one, making the clear liquid easy to apply. I suppose my nails appear harder, but the smell is to overbearing. Just based on that, I don't recommend this.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Avon Strong Results Complex is a nail treatment that promises to harden, repair, and promote nail growth. This is a product Iíve used on and off for atleast 6 years. Itís available from Avon for $6 or 7, but I usually pick several up when theyíre on sale for $2.99. Avon advises applying this product twice a day for fourteen days to achieve maximum results, however I use this as part of my daily routine. I apply two coats of this treatment, three times a day, as well as before painting nails, and after removing polish or trimming nails. This is excellent at hardening nails. I almost never have a break, though I do still have a small amount of peeling on my thumb nails. Iím not sure if this actually causes nails to grow as much as makes nails less prone to breakage. As for removing staining it works for small patches of discoloration but doesnt do much for major staining.
It has a slightly oily consistency and sits atop nails for about 20 seconds before sinking in. I donít find that this hs an offensive, nail polish-y smell, but a slightly sweet, chemically smell.
I recommend this for a daily nail treatment of if youíre looking for a nail hardener that provides a bit of length.

on 11/19/2009 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This stuff all but stopped the flaking on my nails, It didn't bleach the yellow staining, but it has hardened my nails to the point they don't flex all the time, however they are a touch brittle and my cuticle is now impossible to push back. It has become explosion proof.

On the whole, I like the product. I did pay attn to how it is to be used, you paint one or two coats on per day for a week.

You have to have naked nails to do it, and it sinks in, doesn't look polished at all.

I don't want to do another treatment for fear of my nails getting too brittle. One tiny flake since I did this almost 2.5 weeks ago.

I will probably use this up over time as needed and it was a good purchase. I put yes for rebuying, but that will take a long time, since I won't redo the treatment too often for fear of having a shattered nail (which sometimes happens with hardening products)

EDITED TO ADD: Its been a couple of weeks since my one week long treatment period. I've purposefully left my nails naked to see how this goes. Nor have I repeated the treatment.

Staining all gone (probably the nail stuff here, but also just leaving them naked)

Flaking is back again, on my worst nail, (right index) but nothing elsewhere, and even though a big flake occurred 2 days ago, this is still not as bad as before.

I plan to buy a glass file, and see if that helps a bit, and start applying polish again. Even if this is all the progress I'll see from one weeks treatment it's been worth it.

Recommended.

This is the best nail treatment I have tried. I had acrylic nails removed and immediately started using this product twice per day. I can't believe how much better my nails are.

Popular Treatments