Darphin Hydraskin Essential All-Day Skin-Hydrating Emulsion

No Image

3.8

on 7/31/2014 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After using the Darphin Hydraskin Light for some time decided to give this one a try...
The result was, in my opinion, very poor in comparison, the Hydraskin Essential leaves the skin with excess oil and makes me break out on the chin, unlike the Hydraskin light. Also, it made me millia in two separate occasions, so I had to get rid of it and go back to the Hydraskin light.
Yes, it is very nourishing for the dry patches, but for that I use darphin oils, at least they don't cause me millia or breakouts.

on 3/3/2013 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

I wanted to love this product, but after using for two days, I noticed a slight sheen on my face by mid-afternoon. The shine actually penetrated through my Shisedo powder makeup. Although I'm confident the Hydraskin All-Day Emulsion is a good product, I'd recommend it for dry, parched skin. And I am disappointed Darphin is no longer available in department stores as this was the first time I purchased any cosmetic online. Lesson learned here, especially if I've not used the product before. I miss those days when the Darphin SA would provide me samples to try out prior to purchasing.

on 5/23/2011 12:03:00 PM

Like the previous reviewer, I wish I could give this a 3.5. I really wanted to love this. On the positive side, it is very nourishing for the dry patches on my cheeks and is relatively affordable. I think it actually makes my skin glow and appear healthier. Unfortunately though this has caused my skin to break out quite noticeably for the past few weeks - I've waited for a while so I could rule out whether it was hormone related, but am now convinced it is this moisturiser causing it. I will continue to use it for my cheeks overnight but will avoid the tzone. If you're not prone to pimples I do think this is a good moisturiser and I would recommend it.

on 5/7/2011 5:21:00 PM

I would rate this 3.5 if I could. It does what it says and keeps my skin hydrated all day. A great plus is that it doesn't break me out - 90% of moisturizers do. However it leaves a slight sheen on my cheeks and forehead which I'm not happy about and I feel that some redness on my face becomes a bit more prominent after using this - no serious irritation. Also, I could do without the slight smell - albeit clean and perhaps a bit herbal. I bought this moisturizer because I live in Turkey and we don't have a great deal of drugstore lines here; if I had those options, I don't think I would buy it at all. I like Trilogy's Ultra Calming Moisturizer - again in a tube but slightly thicker or oilier more than this one. I think both are good for the winter and windy weather etc.

I've been using this product for 2 weeks now and the results are amazing. Got it because my skin was so dry it peeled off - and nothing helped. I tried everything, even pure shea butter but the only result was that i got break-outs in addition to my dry skin. Hydraskin Essential solved the problem in less than a week. Use it day and night: With a serum in the morning and after the aromatic care (tangerine) in the evening (check out the Darphin website for information on their skincare philosophy). Did not want to believe it but it works: my skin is smooth all day (with or without make-up on top), feels comfortable without that sticky, heavy feeling that some moisturizers leave. It didn't break me out - which is a miracle and it improved the overall texture of my skin. The cream comes in a handy tube - ideal for traveling. It has a rather thin consistency for such a heavy duty moisturizer and a wonderful smell. Goes on easily - can feel a little thick at first but soaks in within minutes, make-up goes on like a dream afterwards. I know I already said that, but this product is gorgeous, a real HG candidate - like so many other Darphin products. I tend to have very sensitive skin and am careful when it comes to trying out new things; imagine my surprise when my skin liked every Darphin product I have used so far. Yes they are a little expensive, but worth every penny!
UPDATE 26th January: Still so happy - this transformed my skin - no impurities, simply soft, radiant, glowing skin - my HG moisturizer!!!

I am really loving this new moisturizer from Darphin! Hydraskin Essential is a more advanced hydrating product and I can tell you that this emulsion keeps my skin feeling really hydrated for an extended period of time. This winter weather is sucking all the water out of my skin but this moisturizer really keeps my face from feeling tight and uncomfortable all day long. I even layered it over the Stimulskin Plus Divine Lifting Cream that I have as it's not enough hydration for me by itself in the winter. I haven't reached for my beloved Sisley Hydra-Flash yet this winter and with the Hydraskin I don't feel it's necessary. It's way less expensive that many other Darphin creams and I like the tube packaging. Excellent product!