Batiste Dry Shampoo - Blush Scent

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Batiste Dry Shampoo - Blush Scent
Don't understand what all the fuss is about

on 10/29/2017 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Lets be honest - who has not heard of this brand before? Every since I got into styling my hair and using different products, Batiste has been mentioned again and again with mainly fabulous reviews. So, I recently started trying out different dry shampoos and decided to jump on the bandwagon and give this product a go. I was not disappointed at all.
I have naturally dark brown hair that tends to rock natural curls or straight locks if I feel like putting in the effort and like any person, washing my hair everyday is not possible. I went for the Blush version just because I was worried about the Brunette version being too light or too dark and Blush tends to be the one I see reviewed by people. First off, it took me a bit to get used to the scent since it does seem like it will be strong but when applied the scent softens a lot. To apply I typically will do this before I go to bed so the powders have time to work with the oils and because I am sometimes in too much of a rush in the mornings to remember to use it. So, I will first go to the areas where I notice my hair getting pretty oily and flat. I do make sure to shake the can quite a bit before I apply just to avoid having a white cast and then I spray it in the desired areas. Once that is done I will let it sit while I do another part of my evening routine and when I feel it has set enough, I will use my fingers or a brush to work it through. Aside from the occasional time, I don't experience much of a white cast and I don't look like someone who has dandruff which is always a plus especially with dark hair.
So, all in all, this is a pretty good product for the price point. I wish the can lasted longer but the product itself makes it worth the extra trips to the store. Also, if you are a dark haired person like me, as long as you shake the can and don't apply a thick layer of this, it will do wonders for your hair without making it look dirty.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Even though I have blonde in my hair my roots are a deep brunette shade so I normally gravitate towards the colored one from batiste. My local Wal-Mart was out and even though I'm not much for strong scents the pink packaging drew me to this one. I bought two bottles since the brunette one usually runs out very fast and I figured if this one worked out I had a back up. I use dry shampoo at night after my showers when I'm done blow drying my hair since at night I can sweat a lot which can result in greasy roots. It helps create volume in my hair and take care of any grease throughout the night. I was getting ready really fast today and was so worried as this particular batiste looked like I had dumped a bunch of baby powder in my hair. I quickly threw my head upside down, shook my fingers through my head and came out with volume that was soft to the touch with no white cast. The colored one feels grittier while smelling like chocolate. This one felt so much more lightweight while smelling really sweet and fresh. I have tried so many other dry shampoos that left major white casts and made my hair feel crunchy and matted like I had just sprayed so much hairspray in. Can't live without batiste in my daily routine.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This stuff is amazing! I have super oily hair and I don't like to wash my hair everyday. This stuff is the bomb for anyone! I'm not a big fan of floral scents but I love the smell of this! I got a travel size of it and I want to get the full size sometime.

After finally finishing a can of Batiste's Tropical scented dry shampoo, I decided to branch out and try the Blush. Described as flirty and floral, this product comes in a pretty pink and white floral aerosol can. The scent itself is definitely flirty and floral. It is a sweet floral scent, with no dated powdery undertone. My boyfriend is a bit of a fan! The product itself is very good at drying up the oil in my hair on the days where I wish to go without washing! I simply spray it into my roots, massage in with my fingers and brush out. I start with a small amount and add more as needed to prevent the hair from becoming weighed down. This product makes my hair look refreshed and voluminous as well as providing a lovely scent. This is definitely a reliable dry shampoo that I would recommend to anyone.

on 7/5/2015 1:13:00 PM

I bought this after I finished the klorane dry shampoo. The batiste dry shampoo isn't as effective at absorbing oiliness as the klorane one but I believe it looks better. It is made of more finely milled particles so there isn't as much visible powder residue on hair after brushing it out (the klorane one made my black hair look a bit dusty(?)). Also its scent is almost undetectable after brushing it out which I like, although it isn't an offensive scent to start with. I couldn't put my finger on what its smell resembles; mostly white flowers but another reviewer said it smells like bubble gum and indeed I see it now, banana flavored bubble gum! I can't really decide but since it doesn't linger for long, it isn't important. Overall it is a fine product at a good price.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The drugstore was out of the Original and Fresh scented Batiste so I decided to try this one. It's too strongly scented for me. It's a heavy sweet floral scent that doesn't seem to fade at all. If I put it in my hair, I can smell it all day.

As for performance, it makes my dark hair a bit chalky and matte looking. It woks as well as KMS Hairplay in my super fine, long hair, and is much less expensive. So while the product is not perfect, it's great to have in a pinch when I don't have time to wash my hair but it's looking a little lank and greasy.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Love this.
It works very well. My hair actually looks clean and not at all greasy.
Others I have tried made my hair either weighed down, dull, tangled, didn't do much, or left white residue in my hair.
This leaves no trace in my dark hair. I usually just spray at my roots and massage it into my scalp. Sometimes using a blowdryer at the roots.
The scent is pretty perfumy at first but settles nicely and smells clean and feminine.

on 1/23/2015 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Batiste Dry Shampoo is amazing. I had previously used Treseme and this it a far superior product. Batiste sprays from the can easily and evenly and I have yet to have any issues with the nozzle clogging. Just spray, massage, and brush for clean, refreshed hair. This absorbs oil quite well, has a great floral scent, and adds volume. I have somewhat dark hair, around level 5 and this did leave a slight cast to my hair it was very light and not noticeable. I paid about $7-8USD for this so it moderately priced. Great product to keep in a bag or desk drawer at work if you get oily during the day and need to revive your hair.

on 12/27/2014 2:14:00 PM

I like this product very much! Fresh cherry blossom scent that is not too overwhelming. I use it on the 2nd day after my hairwash so that I only need to wash every other day, it absorbs away oil fairly well and gives volume. I haven't had the problem of white hair root (I have black hair) and I find this product blends really well. I just spray enough to the root, let the powder sit for a minute, blend, then spray lightly to my hair overall. 1 bottle lasts me 2 months and half.

The only downside is that I find the price a little too high (10.99$ CAD regular price, 6.99$ on sale)
I also tried the scent in Sassy and Wild: the shampoo effect is equally good but I didn't like the smell, wayyy to strong in my opinion

Life saver, this stuff is. After not having a shower for four days, I needed a pick-me-up to help out with my greasy roots. Spraying a little bit underneath sections of hair at the roots and then massaging the scalp activates the product and it works wonders. It has a pleasant girly floral scent which doesn't stand out. I must warn those with dark brown hair like myself; you may want to be careful. If you spray too close to the roots the dry shampoo can leave white streaks in your hair which are hard to get out with your fingers. Try using a widetooth comb.
The shampoo gave my hair texture and volume which is something that I love. I recommend it to everyone who struggles with oily hair.