Batiste Dry Shampoo - Blush Scent

Batiste Dry Shampoo - Blush Scent

3.8

on 2/25/2016 12:02:00 PM

Much like the original version of this dry shampoo, it did absolutely nothing for my hair except give it a strange powdery look and a waxy, powdery feel. I swear I follow the instructions exactly, but it always turns out the same. I really want to find a dry shampoo that works for my hair, but I'm beginning to think the Batiste ones aren't the way to go. Oh, and this one smelt way too strong too - it overpowered my perfume and smelt really synthetic.

on 12/14/2015 7:52:00 PM

Inexpensive, works great, widely available ... I would repurchase. Sometimes my hair is just blah & needs a little help:). It's fine and gets greasy quickly(if I wash the night before it's slightly oily when I wake up) and a quick spray of this in the AM works wonderfully 2 make my hair look like I just washed it. This Blush scent is very similar to Michael Kors EDP (my fav) but it's not that long lasting so it probably won't clash with any other scents you're wearing

To Read all 55 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Batiste Blush is my favorite scent for dry shampoo. I can't believe I haven't written a review for it before. It's in a very appealing can (I liked the old,too). I can find it lots of places for excellent prices ($4.50-$6 for a large can. It smells soft & floral, as the Blush name would imply. Not overwhelming in the least in the fragrance. I have medium to dark brown hair & it barely shows once it's blended in. I just spritz a few times, let it sit, & massage my head w/a towel or paper towel. I brush through it, too. It adds body & voids the hair of oils & odors. It works equally well if I let it sit for a few seconds or a few minutes. My hair feels smooth & soft w/no icky residue & no straw like feeling or itch. I've tried other brands (Dove, Suave, & Herbal Essence) but always returned to the Batiste brand. I also love the Tropical scent by Batiste. I've even used this on 3rd Day hair in a pinch w/fantastic results.

on 7/20/2015 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

The Batiste dry shampoo in Blush scent is the best dry shampoo I've ever tried. It gives great volume, doesn't make my head itch, soaks up all the oilies and doesn't make my red hair white or grey. Plus, it's cheap and it smells nice. Excellent stuff.

on 7/5/2015 1:13:00 PM

I bought this after I finished the klorane dry shampoo. The batiste dry shampoo isn't as effective at absorbing oiliness as the klorane one but I believe it looks better. It is made of more finely milled particles so there isn't as much visible powder residue on hair after brushing it out (the klorane one made my black hair look a bit dusty(?)). Also its scent is almost undetectable after brushing it out which I like, although it isn't an offensive scent to start with. I couldn't put my finger on what its smell resembles; mostly white flowers but another reviewer said it smells like bubble gum and indeed I see it now, banana flavored bubble gum! I can't really decide but since it doesn't linger for long, it isn't important. Overall it is a fine product at a good price.

This is my go-to dry shampoo! I prefer this scent to the original formula myself. I don't find it offensive at all, and it fades quickly. It's easy to spray, covers well, and soaks up any oil instantly! I do have to massage it in or else it makes my blonde hair look white. I could see it being a little too light for dark colored hair, but fine for blonde. By the end of the day I can get a little oily again, but this lasts the longest of any dry shampoo I've tried! They even carry it at Wal-Mart now which makes finding it much cheaper and easier.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I'm trying to not wash my hair everyday, because I've heard it's better for your hair.I'm still taking a shower with a cap on my hair though. Well, I'm now on my second day of no washing, and my hair doesn't look oily at all, but it does feel stiff from styling, and using hair spray. So, I found this at Tj Maxx, and after hearing good things about it on youtube, decided it was worth picking up for 5.99.

I can see how it works for some people, and it certainly adds volume! But I feel like I have 80's hair going on right now. And it was really hard to brush the white out. It changed my hair color from red to a light strawberry red, but I can still see a bit of greyish, pinkish stuff in my hair. I don't mind the light floral scent at all, and it's weird to me how that even bothered anyone really. Maybe, my nose is just perfume tolerant in general though.

I was okay with this stuff for the first two hours, and thought I could deal with 80's hair, but now my hair feels itchy and badly dry. Even my back feels itchy where some of it went down my shirt. I guess I didn't need this stuff after all. I think just using a bit of dusting powder or baby powder on my roots would probably do the exact same thing to my hair. I'm not going to re-buy this, and I might even take it back. I think this stuff might work very well on extremely dirty/oily hair, and maybe my hair just isn't there yet. I'm not sure, but I don't like it.

on 3/3/2015 9:51:00 AM

This was my first try for Batiste dry shampoo, before I used Klorane and Lush.
I am very happy! It really does its job well and the scent is very pleasant, floral bubble gum I would say. Besides it is much more price friendly and the application is super easy. The flacon also is big!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The drugstore was out of the Original and Fresh scented Batiste so I decided to try this one. It's too strongly scented for me. It's a heavy sweet floral scent that doesn't seem to fade at all. If I put it in my hair, I can smell it all day.

As for performance, it makes my dark hair a bit chalky and matte looking. It woks as well as KMS Hairplay in my super fine, long hair, and is much less expensive. So while the product is not perfect, it's great to have in a pinch when I don't have time to wash my hair but it's looking a little lank and greasy.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Love this.
It works very well. My hair actually looks clean and not at all greasy.
Others I have tried made my hair either weighed down, dull, tangled, didn't do much, or left white residue in my hair.
This leaves no trace in my dark hair. I usually just spray at my roots and massage it into my scalp. Sometimes using a blowdryer at the roots.
The scent is pretty perfumy at first but settles nicely and smells clean and feminine.