Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray

Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray

3.7

Best hairspray ever! It smells lovely, the strong version really holds, and it imparts a lovely shine!

on 12/31/2015 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

It's expensive, but worth it. I don't use much. I use the strong and would categorize it as a medium hold- I don't want broken hair. It lets my hair swing naturally while holding the curl. I do a beach wave, so it may not be the hairspray for a tighter curl. It smells great and shines so that my clean hair still looks clean. I use after an infinity pro curler and then shake and finger set my hair, with just a slight bit of big tooth combing to calm down the crazy curls. Stumbled on this when a girlfriend left a can at my house and I ran out of my old brand. Wow, what a difference. Never clogs and always sprays evenly. Hard to find in stores.

To Read all 22 Reviews, Login or Join

If you want a shine spray this is nice. However to call this a medium hold hairspray is a joke. There is nothing hairspray about this. No hold, not even light hold, NO HOLD. It's also a very strong scent, luckily I don't mind the scent but if you are sensitive to smells be aware. It does make my hair a little shinier though.

on 1/8/2014 5:36:00 PM

Really nice hairspray. Smells nice, gives me soft, flexible hold which is perfect for my thin, fine, straight hair. Not sticky or crunchy and doesn't weigh it down.

on 10/31/2013 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Smells divine. Doesn't hold worth a damn. That's this product in a nutshell. Goes on flexible, doesn't clog up the nozzle, smells so good my ex was obsessed with my hair when I was wearing it. However, I may as well have sprayed my hair with perfume for all this product holds.

Literally was outside for 10 minutes, and my curled hair (which holds all day with Kenra Volume Spray) is straight and frizzy. Even worse, it doesn't provide any volume at the crown, so it's useless in that regard also. Big ol meh. I'll use it up because it smells so nice, but on top of the Kenra.

I was given this hairspray as a gift and I think it is pretty good. It definitely is a lighter hold spray, but it is great for me as I'm not really a hair spray person to begin with. I think it smells good (I must be in the minority here) and I like that it gave my hair a bit of body without being stiff. I like it enough to keep using it, but due to the price I doubt I would buy it for myself.

on 11/16/2012 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So sad that I just finished this and wont be able to get another until I go out of town. I've tried several hair sprays including loreal elnett , tresemme, bed head masterpiece, so on. This is my all time favorite. It smells really good. Similar to the moroccanoil serum. The texture of this on your hair is so light. You're hair never feels clumped or sticky with this. It's buildable and you only need a little spritz. I notice this does leave a nice sheen to my hair which makes it look healthier. Moroccanoil products are overpriced but regardless I will be repurchasing when I get a chance. This bottle lasted me a while!

on 10/10/2012 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I used to use Bb Spray de Mode, but it was costly, and the smell drove me nuts. Still, it was a decent hold. It did however, lack shine. I explored this hairspray after having wild success with the Hair Treatment, and I really love it. I would like to first point out that I purchased the Strong Hold version, and cannot imagine anything lighter than this, because it is light-medium! Ok. Now that we've established that: Gives a good amount of flexible hold and texture, without being crunchy or sticky, AT ALL! I lightly and evenly spray a large section of hair before styling and my style lasts into the next day (with the help of a great styling tool as well, my new ghd, but that's another story). It adds an excellent amount of shine! (Likely, due to argan oil and dimethicone?) it's challenging to use too much, and plumps my hair up a bit. Smells pretty darned strong of Moroccanoil Hair Treatment, which I love, but just something you might want to take note of. In order not to be TOO smelly, I tend to use just what I need, rather than load it up. But again, challenging to use too much. Will buy again, though I am still exploring other kinds of brands for hold for days when I might need it. :) Ty it, and try the Strong Hold! The 4 is because the smell is a little too strong, and the hold is not really strong, so it's a little misleading.

on 9/7/2012 3:33:00 AM

Love this hairspray. It was recommended to me by my hairdresser as a light hairspray which holds a curl nicely or gives a bit of extra lift on your style. It helps to hold a curl in my hair all day without looking too shiny or gluey like other hairsprays. Unlike most hairsprays it brushes out nicely without leaving your hair 'crunchy'. I personally love the moroccan oil smell so for me that's a plus! Will definately re-purchase

on 8/5/2012 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This hairspray has zero hold. I'm not asking for gravity defying hold, just enough to hold my style. I'm not sure what you would call this, but it's not hairspray. The fragrance is also very overpowering. Too much of any fragrance is tacky and makes me feel like a cheap floozy. Threw in the garbage and will never repurchase again.